Hearts Vs Hibs - April not on Telly ( merged )

cruzabic

I hope it doesn't happen but be funny as F... if they don't show it then we get sent to Ibrox for a 3rd time and theyve had 5 from there  🙂 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Findlay

• colinmaroon

• TyphoonJambo

• GavK1012

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

According to Barry Anderson Sky are deciding whether to show Hearts v Hibs or hold off for Hearts v Rangers post split as they can only do one more game at Tynecastle this season.  

The Derby is being organised and planned for the Saturday.  A welcome for the pub industry and marketing at both grounds.  They are going to get a beam-back and the game will be on Hearts TV. 

Do they have this farcical rule down south re max games allowed at any one ground?

I fecking hate how we are treated and we lap up absolute chicken feed from these clows.....

Our game (I get we and others are trying to get change!) is so tinpot...

Anyone got any details of how many times Rangers / Celtic have been (or will be) on TV this season? Be interesting to see the stats both home and away vs the other teams in the league.

The rule of having a limited amount of games at any one ground is pointless as they just show all the old firm away games anyway. Would have been better structuring a deal where sky can shown as many old firm games as they like but they must also show so many games a season ( maybe 30) that don’t involve either. 

Pasquale for King

On the surface it seems the four game rule is on the say so of the uglies as their disgusting fans might not fill their grounds if all their home games were on tv?

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

On the surface it seems the four game rule is on the say so of the uglies as their disgusting fans might not fill their grounds if all their home games were on tv?

Not just on the surface, it's the reason pure and simple.

When is the current TV deal up for renegotiating. I really hope Premier Sports or some other company outbid Sky. Nothing can be as bad as the way Sky Sports treat Scottish football 

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Good news if they don’t show it 

means we can go to a Saturday 3pm game 

👍To be honest though I don't mind the game being live on tv it's the early kick off times which really annoy me. The last time we played Hibs at Tynecastle I started getting funny looks from my wife when I drank a bottle of Prosecco and a couple of beers with my breakfast. 

Just now, Libertarian said:

👍To be honest though I don't mind the game being live on tv it's the early kick off times which really annoy me. The last time we played Hibs at Tynecastle I started getting funny looks from my wife when I drank a bottle of Prosecco and a couple of beers with my breakfast. 

Too bloody true, I mean Prosecco man! Granted classier than Buckie but really ,world's gone soft 😠 

It was great with the bacon and eggs, black pudding and tattie scones. Ma auld faither wid've been birlin in his grave though. 

2 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

It was great with the bacon and eggs, black pudding and tattie scones. Ma auld faither wid've been birlin in his grave though. 

My Auld father would have thought it was the Man City managers name.

6 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Too bloody true, I mean Prosecco man! Granted classier than Buckie but really ,world's gone soft 😠 

It was great with the bacon and eggs, black pudding and tattie scones. Ma auld faither wid've been birlin in his grave though. 

25 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

When is the current TV deal up for renegotiating. I really hope Premier Sports or some other company outbid Sky. Nothing can be as bad as the way Sky Sports treat Scottish football 

Premier TV no thank you.

When it is renegotiated. All clubs have a representative at the negotiations, not just whichever of the uglies representative is on the SPFL board at the time.

If the deal is rotten to 10 clubs, then those clubs must have the balls to vote against it.

9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Premier TV no thank you.

When it is renegotiated. All clubs have a representative at the negotiations, not just whichever of the uglies representative is on the SPFL board at the time.

If the deal is rotten to 10 clubs, then those clubs must have the balls to vote against it.

Was it not Aberdeen who sided with these Bassas the last time ??

Anyway all other clubs  have  got to stick together on the next deal and tell  those two, play fair and share 

Nelly Terraces
18 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

According to Barry Anderson Sky are deciding whether to show Hearts v Hibs or hold off for Hearts v Rangers post split as they can only do one more game at Tynecastle this season.  

See, this is one big reason I gave up having a season ticket. The uncertainty on when games are going to be played with all the changes for TV & then on top of that the ludicrous post split fixtures which give very little notice as to what date/time games are on. I was just fed up paying up front for matches then finding out I was unable to go as had other things on. 

Even this season I've signed up for a half marathon on 14th May but it's the last weekend of the actual season & I've no idea if the top 6 games are on the Saturday or Sunday, if it's the former then unless it's a 3pm KO (very unlikely) I'll not make it to the match. Just makes it impossible to plan things & I wonder when Sky will deign to tell us when the game v the weeteam will be played - hope it's not changed as it's years since we've had the pleasure of smashing them at 3pm on a Saturday.

23 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It suits Sky too as they can have most of the OF away games on and sell subscriptions to the two biggest fanbases in Scottish Football.

Bazzas right boot
On 13/01/2022 at 11:42, TheBigO said:

Don't Sky have a guaranteed 3 Edinburgh derbies in the contract?  I mean, they have a guaranteed 4 OF games apparently, so, you'd think eh.

Under rated post. 😂

On 07/02/2022 at 15:53, TexasAndy said:

Pretty obvious which way Sky are going to go there. 

On 12/01/2022 at 16:54, cruzabic said:

I see the sky sports games have been announced up until April and the hearts Hibs game is still at 3pm on the Saturday (which is bound to change to a TV time). Anyone wise into when this may be or when these will be announced? 

I haven't missed a Derby in 10 years and would have to if it was at 3pm so praying for it to be moved.

I believe the issue is SKY can only show 5 live games from Tynie. Already had 2 v Septuc 1 v Sevco and 1 v Vermin. Either another Sevco or Vermin they choose. Suspect it will be Sevco.

Hope Sky pick the Sevco game and then by that point the game is meaningless, Celtic will have the league won and we will be confirmed in 3rd place.

42 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

I believe the issue is SKY can only show 5 live games from Tynie. Already had 2 v Septuc 1 v Sevco and 1 v Vermin. Either another Sevco or Vermin they choose. Suspect it will be Sevco.

...I love how they can only show 5 games from any one ground... but there's no limit on how many they can show involving sevco or septic! GTF SKY!

6 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

See, this is one big reason I gave up having a season ticket. The uncertainty on when games are going to be played with all the changes for TV & then on top of that the ludicrous post split fixtures which give very little notice as to what date/time games are on. I was just fed up paying up front for matches then finding out I was unable to go as had other things on. 

Even this season I've signed up for a half marathon on 14th May but it's the last weekend of the actual season & I've no idea if the top 6 games are on the Saturday or Sunday, if it's the former then unless it's a 3pm KO (very unlikely) I'll not make it to the match. Just makes it impossible to plan things & I wonder when Sky will deign to tell us when the game v the weeteam will be played - hope it's not changed as it's years since we've had the pleasure of smashing them at 3pm on a Saturday.

Top 6 games are always on the Sunday for the last set of fixtures. I suppose we have a cheek complaining about games being moved for TV compared to down south where some teams can go a whole season lucky to play 1 or 2 games at 3pm on a Saturday. Mind you they get compensated a wee bit more than us😢

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, 1953 said:

It suits Sky too as they can have most of the OF away games on and sell subscriptions to the two biggest fanbases in Scottish Football.

Unfortunately 

• 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Has this fixtures KO details been confirmed yet ? 

It will be the Saturday at 3pm, apparently for the first time since 2006...

23 minutes ago, Laurie said:

It will be the Saturday at 3pm, apparently for the first time since 2006...

Or 19th May 2012.

😉

Not sure if it was the last Saturday 3pm league ko but the last I recall being at was the 4-1 Rix win in January '06.

I'd take that vs. Hibs everytime but, as on other occasions before and since, we really did let the buggers off the hook.

As things stand right now I cannot wait for next month's derby.

FTHibs.

6 hours ago, dannymack said:

Has this fixtures KO details been confirmed yet ? 

It's defo 3pm kick off, plans already in place re staffing of the game etc...just not confirmed by club for unknown reason...

Fxxx the SPFL
3 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

It's defo 3pm kick off, plans already in place re staffing of the game etc...just not confirmed by club for unknown reason...

Sky are showing St Midden v The Rangers on 10/4 so hopefully you’re correct can’t wait 

Silvery_Moon

Saturday at 3pm for a derby is great but what a joke our tv coverage is that a major fixture like this can't be shown as they want to 'save' a Tynecastle game for another arse cheek visit.

If Hibs make top 6 the 4th derby won't be shown either under the same rules presumably. 

Edited by Silvery_Moon

The last 2 derbies have been rotten. Not a surprise they don't want to put the 3rd one on telly. 

I remember the 4-4 Graham Weir derby wasn't on the telly either...

6 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Sky are showing St Midden v The Rangers on 10/4 so hopefully you’re correct can’t wait 

I am! 

upgotheheads
3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

3pm on a Saturday will be tremendous. Personally sick of Sunday and midweek derbys.  

I've not been able to get to Tynecsatle since November due to a hip operation so I'm pencilling in this game as my first for months. My neighbours in the stand will bethinking I'm deid.

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

I've not been able to get to Tynecsatle since November due to a hip operation so I'm pencilling in this game as my first for months. My neighbours in the stand will bethinking I'm deid.

🤣 enjoy. Great fixture to get back to 

3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Naw, they will realise you just look that way

upgotheheads

5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

🤣 enjoy. Great fixture to get back to 

I'll be making it the full Monty. Train rather than car. Diggers at 1, pint at Horseshoe in Glasgow on the way home to Ayr. Pick up a curry and back home for 8:30. Haven't done that for yonks.

16 hours ago, cookieboy said:

hope this one is finished at 1610 as well 

Naw I don't want us being all bice and playing keep ball for 30 minutes I want more than 7

3 hours ago, brownkg said:

Naw I don't want us being all bice and playing keep ball for 30 minutes I want more than 7

:yas:

tynietigers
19 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

No staffing has been confirmed by the club as it’s a week to week thing 🤔

9 hours ago, tynietigers said:

No staffing has been confirmed by the club as it’s a week to week thing 🤔

Staffing doesn't just mean internally to Hearts 👌

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I'll be making it the full Monty. Train rather than car. Diggers at 1, pint at Horseshoe in Glasgow on the way home to Ayr. Pick up a curry and back home for 8:30. Haven't done that for yonks.

Full monty involves  karaoke at 1030, strippers at 0030 and jail 0400.

upgotheheads
41 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Full monty involves  karaoke at 1030, strippers at 0030 and jail 0400.

About 40 or 50  years ago maybe, when the pubs of Edinburgh, especially Leith, were dens of vice and iniquity.

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts Vs Hibs - April not on Telly ( merged )