Missing woman.

Tazio

I’ve been seeing links on social media, and in the last couple of days, a poster campaign in shops about this missing woman. She’s been missing since early on New Years Day yet amazingly the BBC have only started to cover it now. No idea if it’s been in the local press as I don’t buy it but I’d hope so. Must be terrible for her family, impossible to comprehend in reality. 
So I just thought it should be on here as well, you know, just in case. 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-59921554

Auld Reekin'
5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’ve been seeing links on social media, and in the last couple of days, a poster campaign in shops about this missing woman. She’s been missing since early on New Years Day yet amazingly the BBC have only started to cover it now. No idea if it’s been in the local press as I don’t buy it but I’d hope so. Must be terrible for her family, impossible to comprehend in reality. 
So I just thought it should be on here as well, you know, just in case. 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-59921554

The BBC actually had the story on their website several days ago - the one you've linked to is just the updated article. Not that I'm in the business of defending the BBC...   :ermm:

1 minute ago, Auld Reekin' said:

The BBC actually had the story on their website several days ago - the one you've linked to is just the updated article. Not that I'm in the business of defending the BBC...   :ermm:

Well that’s good. I only look at the BBC news site on my iPad and the story wasn’t on the tab for Edinburgh and Lothian. You just have to hope there’s a good outcome but it’s been a long time now, worryingly so. 

Auld Reekin'
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Well that’s good. I only look at the BBC news site on my iPad and the story wasn’t on the tab for Edinburgh and Lothian. You just have to hope there’s a good outcome but it’s been a long time now, worryingly so. 

Yup.

Angry Haggis

Was down at Porty today - Lots of ‘Missing’ posters up through the Main Street and Promenade. 

Very worrying - hope she is found safe and well. 

25 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Bit of a strange one that the last sighting went from 2am leaving the beach to 10am leaving a house party too.

Fxxx the SPFL

Me and the missus were in Harbour Bar Newhaven on Tuesday and a lass came in to hand a poster over to John the owner to put up. There’s actually four people missing in Edinburgh according to media reports in the last couple of weeks 

18 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Bit of a strange one that the last sighting went from 2am leaving the beach to 10am leaving a house party too.

2am was initially the last sighting as that's when her family seen her before she headed down to the beach party. Seems as though they went back to a property in Marlborough Street before she was last seen by friends leaving at 10am, and nothing since.

But for me, that's where it gets mad. Hard to make a point without truly speculating, which of course I really don't want to do. But, Marlborough Street is 2 streets away from her home in Bath Street. To get from one to the other, she either cuts along the high street, or along Straiton Place which is in sight of a pretty busy playpark along a good length of it.

With that in mind, I feel like she must've been going a detour or whatever after leaving her friends, or some very out of the norm foul play has been carried out. Either way, that's a pretty busy little area, even on New Years day, so someone has to have seen something?

Harrowing either way. Quite a few cases of missing people this week in Edinburgh and no sightings of any of them. I sincerely hope all are found safe and well.

Police asking the public not to organise search party's too as it may hamper their investigations. 

Fou d that a bit odd.

Police mate of mine could only think that they might be using sniffer dogs and a group would confuse the scent. 

Believe she never had a phone on her and she's been described as Vulnerable so likely some learning difficulties.

Edited by hughesie27

I read she left her phone in the flat as it was broken, phones are key obviously to tracking.

if she’s wanted to get away she’s picked the most difficult day of the year to travel anywhere, and there’s no further CCTV reported, there must be plenty CCTV down Porty way.

Hope she turns up very soon :(

Strange there’s 3 guys missing (unconnected to each other)

55 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Police asking the public not to organise search party's too as it may hamper their investigations. 

Fou d that a bit odd.

Police mate of mine could only think that they might be using sniffer dogs and a group would confuse the scent. 

Believe she never had a phone on her and she's been described as Vulnerable so likely some learning difficulties.

Sniffer dogs by and large don't follow a 'scent' of a person, they can, but more often they follow a track of 'strange' scents that shouldn't be there, things like trampled grass- that smells different to non-trampled grass - indicating that someone has recently walked through there. I believe after about 24 hours, a sniffer dog can't help. 

On that topic, what dogs can do is incredible. We just recently adopted a German Shepherd/Husky rescue doggie. She can tell that someone is coming to the door before we have any idea that someone is 50 ft away. 

Dennis Reynolds

Well done mods! 😘

I saw one of the guys who went missing has been found alive and well. 

Wee glimmer of hope.

Edited by LMc

Really strange one this. Doesn’t seem to be much coverage of it, outside of Portobello. I was in the car a couple of days ago and the news on the radio mentioned the guy that went missing from Musselburgh on NYD but nothing about this lassie.

Over a week now. You can’t help but think that, unless she’s ran off for some reason, the chances of her turning up alive are slim.

Hopefully she turns up safe and we’ll though.

Edited by iantjambo

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Really strange one this. Doesn’t seem to be much coverage of it, outside of Portobello. I was in the car a couple of days ago and the news on the radio mentioned the guy that went missing from Musselburgh on NYD but nothing about this lassie.

Over a week now. You can’t help but think that, unless she’s ran off for some reason, the chances of her turning up alive are slim.

Hopefully she turns up safe and we’ll though.

Been some coverage in the UK wide newspapers: 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/police-edinburgh-cctv-facebook-b1989011.html

Of course these circumstances are not unusual. Unfortunately there are two quite frequent conclusions. One is an affair with a married partner is resolved by leaving without notice to locate in a whole new location to continue life as a couple, often with assumed names. The second of course is the more upsetting where the victim is being held against their will, or  is not recoverable. That I am fairly certain will be the primary targets of the police enquiry, the dogs will be sniffing for any clues hidden or buried and the detectives will be seeking and interviewing anyone the missing person has known. It is a difficult task, witnesses are emotional and sometimes will restrict their answers to cover for what they believe or even know what has happened, sometimes the situation is resolved and sometimes years pass with no information, a trying situation.

She's maybe went off somewhere to kill herself. That's a more likely explanation than getting murdered. 

On a similar note a old guy went missing in St Andrews in November I think and after about 2weeks nothing was reported about him.

12 hours ago, Herbert said:

She's maybe went off somewhere to kill herself. That's a more likely explanation than getting murdered. 

On a similar note a old guy went missing in St Andrews in November I think and after about 2weeks nothing was reported about him.

I assumed Porty would have had plenty cameras, there's defo one at the crossroads above the pub, I just think it's a strange day to try and travel anywhere, New Years Day is a pain in the hoop to get around, the 'broken phone' is maybe a clue she didn't fancy being tracked or narrowed down.  Fingers crossed for her but it's not looking great.

3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I assumed Porty would have had plenty cameras, there's defo one at the crossroads above the pub, I just think it's a strange day to try and travel anywhere, New Years Day is a pain in the hoop to get around, the 'broken phone' is maybe a clue she didn't fancy being tracked or narrowed down.  Fingers crossed for her but it's not looking great.

The streets would be quiet aswell and there wouldn't be much traffic on the roads. With there being so few buses it would be pretty easy to find her on cctv so where ever she's went is by car or foot and I don't think it's a bundled in the back of a car job, Surely someone would have heard or seen something if there was shouting or screaming in the street.

31 minutes ago, Herbert said:

The streets would be quiet aswell and there wouldn't be much traffic on the roads. With there being so few buses it would be pretty easy to find her on cctv so where ever she's went is by car or foot and I don't think it's a bundled in the back of a car job, Surely someone would have heard or seen something if there was shouting or screaming in the street.

You’ve got to think she's not in view as a camera would have picked her up, there's banks close by, a Police station, if she drove anywhere that would be on the ANPR and her car would be found somewhere.

I guess if the police suspected foul play they'd have taped off the flat, could they know she's used a bank card or something?

Weird weird weird!

Robbies right hand man

Fingers crossed the lass is found safely, as well as the two lads who are missing as well, let’s not forget them.

Edited by Robbies right hand man

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

Even on NYD, Portobello would still be fairly busy. It was a pleasant day and plenty dog walkers would've been down the Promenade. As I mentioned in an earlier post, regardless of what happened, someone is bound to have seen her. Maybe naive of me, but I refuse to believe of any foul play down in Portobello in broad daylight. As time goes on, its looking more and more like she wanted to go missing and didn't want to be found safe and well. Very sad and as much as I hope for a positive outcome, I just can't see it now.

luckyBatistuta
35 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

You’ve got to think she's not in view as a camera would have picked her up, there's banks close by, a Police station, if she drove anywhere that would be on the ANPR and her car would be found somewhere.

I guess if the police suspected foul play they'd have taped off the flat, could they know she's used a bank card or something?

Weird weird weird!

This is what I can’t get. There are so many cameras everywhere now, surely one would have picked her up. With it also being all over social media etc, then I can’t believe there wouldn’t have been at least one sighting. I hope I’m wrong and she is found alive and well, but it doesn’t look good to me after this length of time and nothing.

41 minutes ago, Locky said:

Even on NYD, Portobello would still be fairly busy. It was a pleasant day and plenty dog walkers would've been down the Promenade. As I mentioned in an earlier post, regardless of what happened, someone is bound to have seen her. Maybe naive of me, but I refuse to believe of any foul play down in Portobello in broad daylight. As time goes on, its looking more and more like she wanted to go missing and didn't want to be found safe and well. Very sad and as much as I hope for a positive outcome, I just can't see it now.

The “festive” season is always a difficult time of year for anyone who has problems in their life. I saw a couple of days ago that Sinead O’Connor’s teenage son went for a walk a few days ago and took his own life. 

6 hours ago, Tazio said:

The “festive” season is always a difficult time of year for anyone who has problems in their life. I saw a couple of days ago that Sinead O’Connor’s teenage son went for a walk a few days ago and took his own life. 

We had 4 suicides in two days on the railway last week. Three last Thursday and one on the Friday.

Just a reminder that there will be people on the board who know her and/or her family and reading some of the posts may be hard. I know the more discussion the better in some regards but let's be careful about speculating.

Better call Saul
7 hours ago, John Findlay said:

We had 4 suicides in two days on the railway last week. Three last Thursday and one on the Friday.

Where was this mate? 

Poor buggers 

4 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Where was this mate? 

Poor buggers 

Two on the East Coast mainline.

One just outside Kilmarnock and one at Bishopbriggs.

SectionDJambo
21 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Terrible for the people who felt so low as to take this way out, and also terrible for the train drivers. They will have been able to know what was going to happen and couldn’t do a thing to avoid it. Very traumatic for them.

William H. Bonney
34 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The one at Morpeth survived. Train was only doing 30mph. 

Better call Saul
3 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Terrible for the people who felt so low as to take this way out, and also terrible for the train drivers. They will have been able to know what was going to happen and couldn’t do a thing to avoid it. Very traumatic for them.

Very much this 

Going back to OPs post 

I still wonder what ever happened to that Alan Bryant from glenrothes

• 2 years later...