Your top 3

KyleLafferty

KyleLafferty

Completely bored without the football. So name your top 3 players for us this season.

1.Craig Gordon- I don’t need to say more.

2. Craig Halkett- Been a rock this year, can’t believe the turn around in form. Wins most of his headed duels, puts his body on the line for most shots. And everytime he hasn’t played we have looked shakey at the back.

3. Beni- Think we all might have forgot how good this guy is. The guy has so much ability and never panics no matter what. He also has this unbelievable knack of winning the ball when he really should have no chance. Can’t wait to welcome him back into the team. Be like a new signing.

All of the above is my opinion. Got to put that in there these days 😂

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Completely bored without the football. So name your top 3 players for us this season.

2. Craig Halkett- Been a rock this year, can’t believe the turn around in form. Wins most of his headed duels, puts his body on the line for most shots. And everytime he hasn’t played we have looked shakey at the back.

3. Beni- Think we all might have forgot how good this guy is. The guy has so much ability and never panics no matter what. He also has this unbelievable knack of winning the ball when he really should have no chance. Can’t wait to welcome him back into the team. Be like a new signing.

The same as you for myself and also in that order!

Gordon

Beni

Devlin

Halkett isn’t far off that list though. He might still have the occasional brain fart, but this has arguably been his best season for us so far.

Berra than you

Gordon, Halkett, Beni.

2nd and 3rd we look worse when they aren't playing, don't want to think what we would be like without Gordon. Kingsley and Souttar close behind.

42 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Forgot about Kingsley 🤦🏼‍♂️

I’m surprised how many people have ! He’s scored some sensational free kicks this season, has been more consistent than Souttar and Halkett in my opinion and gives us something going forward. 

Souttar started the season in fantastic form and I’ve got a feeling him not signing a new deal has had an impact on my opinion but he hasn’t looked the same since the contract stuff started a couple of months ago. Has some good moments but looks too casual in others. 

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Would agree but possibly Barrie McKay, but cant think who to drop

3 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Would agree but possibly Barrie McKay, but cant think who to drop

Surprised it took so long for someone to mention McKay. Yes, he can be a bit hot and cold, but he's constantly putting fear into defenders and is arguably our best creative outlet.

Spitonastranger
10 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Surprised it took so long for someone to mention McKay. Yes, he can be a bit hot and cold, but he's constantly putting fear into defenders and is arguably our best creative outlet.

Exciting player who offers us something different 

Souttar, Halkett, Kingsley and Beni have all been excellent. The first 3 have all scored some of the best or most exciting goals of the season. And in his first six games or so Beni looked a class above anyone else.

But the players I have enjoyed watching the most have been:

Cammy Devlin. Boundless energy and enthusiasm and highly entertaining. Just love watching him getting everywhere, winning the ball on the ground and even in the air. Winding up the opposition and laughing with Beni.

Craig Gordon. One of the best keepers Scotland has ever produced pulling off stunning saves on a weekly basis and making it look routine. Has earned us more points than any other player.

Barrie McKay. Our most consistent creative player, there is always a sense of anticipation when he gets the ball. He never hides and works harder defensively than most wingers. 

What a brilliant squad we have just now. Best for absolute yonks!

Gordon

Beni

Devlin

Kingsley

Soapy

McKay

Halkett

7 names that should be (& usually are) first on the team sheet every week.

My favourite top 3 are:

Gordon

Devlin

McKay

Why? These 3 lads entertain me the most.

I could have picked Beni for his tackling skills or Kingsley for his class and free kicks or Halkett for his hard work and 100% effort week-in week-out but for pure entertainment, I love watching Gordon for his utterly amazing world class, Devlin for his incredible motor and infectious personality and I always think something is about to happen when McKay charges forward with the ball.

Hope we sign another 2 or 3 real quality in January.

Mmh tough one but I would say

Gordon

Devlin

Kinglsey

No disrespect at all for Halkett, Soapy or Beni because they're doing a great season (Even Alex Cochrane to be honest)

VagabondJambo

1. Devlin: Everything I want to see in a Hearts player - future captain

2. Beni: Just different class, and a wonderful attitude to playing for Hearts

3. Gordon: Best stopper right now in Scotland, the UK, maybe the world;  rescued us over and over again;  not convinced about his on-field captain role and not impressed often enough with his distribution.

Rocky jamboa

Gordon

Cammy

Beni

Could make claims for Souttar, halkett, Kingsley, cochrane, halkett and mckay as well! Arguably best squad we've had since 2005/06. I'd include the 2012 Cup winning team in that, apart from Rudi! 🥰

7 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Agree with the first 2 but Devlin for the 3rd. Halkett has been much improved and I was wanting him gone before last season but more than happy to be wrong, hopefully him and Kingsley sign soon 🤞

7 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

Souttar, Halkett, Kingsley and Beni have all been excellent. The first 3 have all scored some of the best or most exciting goals of the season. And in his first six games or so Beni looked a class above anyone else.

But the players I have enjoyed watching the most have been:

Cammy Devlin. Boundless energy and enthusiasm and highly entertaining. Just love watching him getting everywhere, winning the ball on the ground and even in the air. Winding up the opposition and laughing with Beni.

Craig Gordon. One of the best keepers Scotland has ever produced pulling off stunning saves on a weekly basis and making it look routine. Has earned us more points than any other player.

Barrie McKay. Our most consistent creative player, there is always a sense of anticipation when he gets the ball. He never hides and works harder defensively than most wingers. 

7 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

What a brilliant squad we have just now. Best for absolute yonks!

Gordon

Beni

Devlin

Kingsley

Soapy

McKay

Halkett

7 names that should be (& usually are) first on the team sheet every week.

My favourite top 3 are:

Gordon

Devlin

McKay

Why? These 3 lads entertain me the most.

I could have picked Beni for his tackling skills or Kingsley for his class and free kicks or Halkett for his hard work and 100% effort week-in week-out but for pure entertainment, I love watching Gordon for his utterly amazing world class, Devlin for his incredible motor and infectious personality and I always think something is about to happen when McKay charges forward with the ball.

Hope we sign another 2 or 3 real quality in January.

Pretty much identical thought process!

StevenNaismith

1. Craig Gordon - Unreal what he is doing at the tender age of 39.

2. Stephen Kingsley - Can’t believe he’s been left out of so many so far, solid at the back, attacks well and has a wand of a left foot from free kicks. Be lucky to keep him (I have a feeling we will tho)

3. Barrie McKay - This guy is key to almost everything we do going forward, his movement off the ball is miles ahead of what we are used to. Isn’t afraid to work back the way as well which I love.

For me it's 

Gordon - just an incredible performer for his age and what he does for the team in every single game.

Devlin - guys just been incredible so far, I actually think he is better than Beni, i know they are slightly different in the way they play, but I suppose it's like choosing between xavi and Iniesta, hard choice tbf, for me every single time he plays he is never below a 7 imo! 

Halkett - I'm  really not his biggest fan but over the last couple of games that he has been out we have actually looked a completely lost, I was considering Cochrane, Boyce, Beni and Kingsley for this last place but I think for the sheer improvement in him and how he has turned it around from last season I have to give it to big Halks!! He has been a rock this season and I for one hope he signs on.

Honorable mentions for Beni, Cochrane, Kingsley, Boyce, McKay Soapy and Smith though, in all honesty we have just been a superb team this season.

Gordon

Kingsley

Beni

Completely understand others top 3.

A difficult choice as it’s very close between 5 players for 2nd and 3rd spots.

What a wonderful position to be in!!

We are lucky to have 3/4 of the team  that plays 7/8 each game, but CG is a 9/10 and has had some remarkable games. 
Difficult top 3 . 
long may it continue.😎