Jump to content

Robbie Neilson


Leveins Battalion
 Share

Recommended Posts

avhudtheteeshirt

People forget all about his getting us out of the Championship at the first go?

Look back on how other teams have struggled to do this, Killie and Hamilton this season look to be toiling to do this!

In the top flight, you have to hit the ground running or be drawn into a relegation fight from the off!

He has managed to do this, but still doubters on here try hard to bring in negative threads to belittle what he has achieved?

Robbie will turn out to be a good manager, but, at Hearts his fans will always look at defeat against Hibs being a sacking offense!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • davemclaren

    24

  • Pasquale for King

    20

  • Bazzas right boot

    35

  • Hmfc1965

    24

2 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

People forget all about his getting us out of the Championship at the first go?

Look back on how other teams have struggled to do this, Killie and Hamilton this season look to be toiling to do this!

In the top flight, you have to hit the ground running or be drawn into a relegation fight from the off!

He has managed to do this, but still doubters on here try hard to bring in negative threads to belittle what he has achieved?

Robbie will turn out to be a good manager, but, at Hearts his fans will always look at defeat against Hibs being a sacking offense!!!


The defeat v Brora was a sacking offence imo.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hearts_fan
9 hours ago, karipidis said:

I am really happy for Robbie and the job he is doing this season. Really thought there was no way back for him after the Brora debacle but has us playing some great stuff and getting the results to match. A strong cup run and think he’ll be the favourite for Manager of the year. 
 

One thing about the ‘tackle’ though is I don’t actually think it was as big a moment as people make it out to be. We were 1-0 up at the time and Gretna actually scored about 5-10 mins later. 

 

It was an absolutely huge moment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, OTT said:

 

Top 3 has to be the demand. Anything less isn't good enough - If he pulls off a cup win and doesn't finished 3rd that would be the exception. 

 

Unlike Maloney or Glass, Robbie is an experienced manager with a very good team at his disposal. I think 3rd is very attainable. - Aberdeen do have a good team, but have had a bad start. Hibs, meh. 

 

I wouldn't rip it all up and start again if we ended up 4th tho. 

That would set us further back. 

 

Too many haven't learned the lesson since he left last time. 

He has us on The up, after getting us promoted. 

 

Ripping it all up  because of a league placing or a bad cup result would be detrimental on a collossol scale. 

 

Fans are generally reactive, emotion and short term messes. 

 

Our project is far longer term nd we are at the start of the journey. 

3rd/4th even 5th it won't matter Robbie will be here next season. 

 

I had us for 4th at the start of the season but clearly 3rd is now ours for the taking and will be if we repeat the first half of the season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

billybalfour

I don't see any mention on here of the Birkikara result at Tynecastle.That was our worst ever European result by a long way.I sincerely hope he has learned from that or all the talk about being in Europe will be absolutely pointless.The timid display of that night has to be obliterated by some good results.

Similarly he has to get the finger out in this season's cup.We couldn't have been handed an easier tie but with his record in knockout stages there are many fans who aren't 100% convinced we will win this.

Jury still out for me so let's hope I can be convinced once we get in to the group stages in Europe(Ihope).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A_A wehatethehibs

A great Hearts man doing a terrific job. 

 

Some were demanding he make a silk purse out of a sows ear last season. Look at the state of what he inherited. An absolute mess of a squad. He got a few bodies in and got that mob promoted which was the main thing, yes there were a few stinker results and performances last year but what did folk expect, the guy inherited a squad of 50% wasters taking up big wages eg Berra, Uche, White, Clare etc. All launched. 
 

But now we’re seeing his real team take shape. Get us into Europe and we could attract some real quality in and take the team to the next level. 
 

And by the way he is already a Hearts legend for his service as a player and nothing will take that away, all he can do is add to his rich story as a Hearts man. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ScandinavianJambo
12 minutes ago, billybalfour said:

I don't see any mention on here of the Birkikara result at Tynecastle.That was our worst ever European result by a long way.I sincerely hope he has learned from that or all the talk about being in Europe will be absolutely pointless.The timid display of that night has to be obliterated by some good results.

Similarly he has to get the finger out in this season's cup.We couldn't have been handed an easier tie but with his record in knockout stages there are many fans who aren't 100% convinced we will win this.

Jury still out for me so let's hope I can be convinced once we get in to the group stages in Europe(Ihope).

 

I am curious to know when you will change your mind. I agree that B was a terrible performance, it was flat from the word go, but I think he is a different manager today. He is his own man so to speak. He proved himself in the cup last year (we were in the final for god's sake). RN has been with us through some turbulent times, which coincided with him starting (and developing) as a manager. He is doing well, so well that when we are sitting third we all want more. I for one can't but feel proud that we have one of our own and the helm who are building us an interesting (and exciting!) future. That's certainly not common in today's football landscape of journey men...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bull's-eye

Some still live the past I see.

 

We need a thread for all the Shite moments in our history for these types to congregate on and swap suicidal stories with each other.

 

Back to the present. . Robbie is doing a cracking job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BangkokHearts
4 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Finally a positive thread about a talented young Scottish manager who just so happens to be hearts daft. 

 

Managing dundee untied doing a stellar job imo then Ann came in for him. 

He came back home. 

Won us the championship and pushed us right on. 

All be it with shan cup defeats to alloa and Brora. 

That hibs defeat still leaves a bitter taste. 

Redeemed when we beat them in the semi imo. 

 

Just like Ann budge and craig said. Give him time, and believe. 

41 years old. 

Still learning on the job aswell. 

 

The day we/he finally gets a taste of silverware it will be a emotional. 

 

No one even the boo boys cannot say he loves the club. One of our own. 

We all want him to be successful 

This. ☝️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Finally a positive thread about a talented young Scottish manager who just so happens to be hearts daft. 

 

Managing dundee untied doing a stellar job imo then Ann came in for him. 

He came back home. 

Won us the championship and pushed us right on. 

All be it with shan cup defeats to alloa and Brora. 

That hibs defeat still leaves a bitter taste. 

Redeemed when we beat them in the semi imo. 

 

Just like Ann budge and craig said. Give him time, and believe. 

41 years old. 

Still learning on the job aswell. 

 

The day we/he finally gets a taste of silverware it will be a emotional. 

 

No one even the boo boys cannot say he loves the club. One of our own. 

We all want him to be successful 

 

I do agree with this and I'm on the Robbie train, but I don't know about Hearts daft, he grew up hun

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

I am curious to know when you will change your mind. I agree that B was a terrible performance, it was flat from the word go, but I think he is a different manager today. He is his own man so to speak. He proved himself in the cup last year (we were in the final for god's sake). RN has been with us through some turbulent times, which coincided with him starting (and developing) as a manager. He is doing well, so well that when we are sitting third we all want more. I for one can't but feel proud that we have one of our own and the helm who are building us an interesting (and exciting!) future. That's certainly not common in today's football landscape of journey men...

He's doing great but there is a monkey on his back as far as cup ties go. You're being very disingenuous to your fellow fans to suggest that Robbie and Robbie alone earned that cup final place. I might give you that if we had knocked out Airdrie, Falkirk and BERWICK Rangers (was going to put BRORA but thought better of that) but the team earned that SF spot by beating the best team in Scotland by a country mile under previous management. He deserves credit, yes, because the substitutions in the semi and the final swung the games in our favour.
However, the fact is Robbie, in eight attempts, hasn't led us to a knockout cup tie victory in 90 minutes since Aberdeen in 2016. Hibs, Hibs, St Johnstone, Alloa, Brora, Hibs, Celtic and Celtic. Games 4 & 5 in particular need to be wiped out by nothing less than actual silverware and he's been given a great opportunity to get off to a good start in the quest for the SC in 2022... 

Edited by Shaggy2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lone Striker
11 hours ago, karipidis said:

One thing about the ‘tackle’ though is I don’t actually think it was as big a moment as people make it out to be. We were 1-0 up at the time and Gretna actually scored about 5-10 mins later. 

..... in which case we'd have lost 2-1. 

 

Robbie's quick thinking (plus the Gretna guy's shock at having an open goal to shoot at) was huge for us.   He was our unsung hero in that game, and in many others.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lone Striker
5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:


Next level for us is to open up a gap between us and 4th, get to the group stages of the Europa and do some damage in the cups - and do this for the next 3/4 seasons consistently. 
 

Challenging for a title is beyond us right now but we should at least be in a position to challenge for 2nd if either of the OF falter. 

Far too sensible a post, Nookie.   👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

..... in which case we'd have lost 2-1. 

 

Robbie's quick thinking (plus the Gretna guy's shock at having an open goal to shoot at) was huge for us.   He was our unsung hero in that game, and in many others.   

Aye, cos football works like that! 😂

Not taking away the brilliance of the tackle.

Edited by Shaggy2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

He's doing great but there is a monkey on his back as far as cup ties go. You're being very disingenuous to your fellow fans to suggest that Robbie and Robbie alone earned that cup final place. I might give you that if we had knocked out Airdrie, Falkirk and BERWICK Rangers (was going to put BRORA but thought better of that) but the team earned that SF spot by beating the best team in Scotland by a country mile under previous management. He deserves credit, yes, because the substitutions in the semi and the final swung the games in our favour.
However, the fact is Robbie, in eight attempts, hasn't led us to a knockout cup tie victory in 90 minutes since Aberdeen in 2016. Hibs, Hibs, St Johnstone, Alloa, Brora, Hibs, Celtic and Celtic. Games 4 & 5 in particular need to be wiped out by nothing less than actual silverware and he's been given a great opportunity to get off to a good start in the quest for the SC in 2022... 

 

I'm sure that'll change soon, he's doing a great job

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

 

I'm sure that'll change soon, he's doing a great job

First three words of my post. 👍

 

We probably won't look back at our third placed finishes in years to come. We will, however, definitely remember the good and bad cup runs. He needs one of the former.

Edited by Shaggy2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chillidigits
1 hour ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

People forget all about his getting us out of the Championship at the first go?

Look back on how other teams have struggled to do this, Killie and Hamilton this season look to be toiling to do this!

In the top flight, you have to hit the ground running or be drawn into a relegation fight from the off!

He has managed to do this, but still doubters on here try hard to bring in negative threads to belittle what he has achieved?

Robbie will turn out to be a good manager, but, at Hearts his fans will always look at defeat against Hibs being a sacking offense!!!

That tells you all you need to know about some people. Would rather focus on one off events. Not saying there's anything wrong with that. Like all clubs we've had great days and terrible days . We.ve got to look at the bigger picture though. We're a good team and we're going to get better. I think Robbie has done well to steer us to where we are now and he senses that seriously challenging the old firm will soon be within our capabilities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Playing wise, he was very average at best. 1 goal and a tackle (an important tackle it was,  but imagine a defender having to make a tackle🤪). Won a Scottish Cup and Scotland cap so fair play to him.

 

Managerial wise, great success getting us out of a Championship with Rangers & Hibs in it, with a new team. Played some decent football.

3rd was expected  (by me anyway) the next season in a league with no Rangers or Hibs but the football had started to deteriate (CL had a hand in that tbf) before he

fkd off at first opportunity to MK Dons.

 

Came back and as expected got us out of a piss poor Championship.

Has us (as I expected) 3rd but consistently can't get a 90mins out of this team.  (This should be a worry)

Playing more attacking.....yes, but imo with predominantly defensive minded players. Get more attack minded players in and the football should improve.

 

Overall his cup record is poor.

 

He has been more lucky than most Hearts managers of last 50 odd years in that the club is in a very stable financial footing and so far has 2 Championships to show for it.

 

I don't see any players 'improving' under him.

Don't see him learning from any mistakes or taking any blame.

I think he holds us back tbh and frustrates the fans/players. This squad could and should be playing better more consistently imo. 

Craig Gordon is a major reason we are 3rd imo.

 

We are 3rd and happy for him to continue and improve but would lose little sleep if he up sticks again. 

 

Good servant to the club.

 

We are Heart of Midlothian FC, 3rd is where we should be, anything lower would be disappointing.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The video on the BBC website about the FOH showed Robbie in a good light. Described Hearts as his club. 

 

He's a good lad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Playing wise, he was very average at best. 1 goal and a tackle (an important tackle it was,  but imagine a defender having to make a tackle🤪). Won a Scottish Cup and Scotland cap so fair play to him.

 

Managerial wise, great success getting us out of a Championship with Rangers & Hibs in it, with a new team. Played some decent football.

3rd was expected  (by me anyway) the next season in a league with no Rangers or Hibs but the football had started to deteriate (CL had a hand in that tbf) before he

fkd off at first opportunity to MK Dons.

 

Came back and as expected got us out of a piss poor Championship.

Has us (as I expected) 3rd but consistently can't get a 90mins out of this team.  (This should be a worry)

Playing more attacking.....yes, but imo with predominantly defensive minded players. Get more attack minded players in and the football should improve.

 

Overall his cup record is poor.

 

He has been more lucky than most Hearts managers of last 50 odd years in that the club is in a very stable financial footing and so far has 2 Championships to show for it.

 

I don't see any players 'improving' under him.

Don't see him learning from any mistakes or taking any blame.

I think he holds us back tbh and frustrates the fans/players. This squad could and should be playing better more consistently imo. 

Craig Gordon is a major reason we are 3rd imo.

 

We are 3rd and happy for him to continue and improve but would lose little sleep if he up sticks again. 

 

Good servant to the club.

 

We are Heart of Midlothian FC, 3rd is where we should be, anything lower would be disappointing.

 


Good post assessing his managerial skills and record. Totally agree

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Scott Leitch
31 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Playing wise, he was very average at best. 1 goal and a tackle (an important tackle it was,  but imagine a defender having to make a tackle🤪). Won a Scottish Cup and Scotland cap so fair play to him.

 

Managerial wise, great success getting us out of a Championship with Rangers & Hibs in it, with a new team. Played some decent football.

3rd was expected  (by me anyway) the next season in a league with no Rangers or Hibs but the football had started to deteriate (CL had a hand in that tbf) before he

fkd off at first opportunity to MK Dons.

 

Came back and as expected got us out of a piss poor Championship.

Has us (as I expected) 3rd but consistently can't get a 90mins out of this team.  (This should be a worry)

Playing more attacking.....yes, but imo with predominantly defensive minded players. Get more attack minded players in and the football should improve.

 

Overall his cup record is poor.

 

He has been more lucky than most Hearts managers of last 50 odd years in that the club is in a very stable financial footing and so far has 2 Championships to show for it.

 

I don't see any players 'improving' under him.

Don't see him learning from any mistakes or taking any blame.

I think he holds us back tbh and frustrates the fans/players. This squad could and should be playing better more consistently imo. 

Craig Gordon is a major reason we are 3rd imo.

 

We are 3rd and happy for him to continue and improve but would lose little sleep if he up sticks again. 

 

Good servant to the club.

 

We are Heart of Midlothian FC, 3rd is where we should be, anything lower would be disappointing.

 

Good post. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

First three words of my post. 👍

 

We probably won't look back at our third placed finishes in years to come. We will, however, definitely remember the good and bad cup runs. He needs one of the former.

 

3rd place finishes won't be celebrated like a cup win, but they are a measure of or progress and quality as a club. 

 

St Johnstone won 2 cups in a season ( we've won 3 in almost 60 years), doesn't mean they aren't still tin pot and utter wank.

 

Nobody really remembers cup runs either unless you win it. 

But like being in about 3rd place, getting to the later stages of cups should be normal for us. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Playing wise, he was very average at best. 1 goal and a tackle (an important tackle it was,  but imagine a defender having to make a tackle🤪). Won a Scottish Cup and Scotland cap so fair play to him.

 

Managerial wise, great success getting us out of a Championship with Rangers & Hibs in it, with a new team. Played some decent football.

3rd was expected  (by me anyway) the next season in a league with no Rangers or Hibs but the football had started to deteriate (CL had a hand in that tbf) before he

fkd off at first opportunity to MK Dons.

 

Came back and as expected got us out of a piss poor Championship.

Has us (as I expected) 3rd but consistently can't get a 90mins out of this team.  (This should be a worry)

Playing more attacking.....yes, but imo with predominantly defensive minded players. Get more attack minded players in and the football should improve.

 

Overall his cup record is poor.

 

He has been more lucky than most Hearts managers of last 50 odd years in that the club is in a very stable financial footing and so far has 2 Championships to show for it.

 

I don't see any players 'improving' under him.

Don't see him learning from any mistakes or taking any blame.

I think he holds us back tbh and frustrates the fans/players. This squad could and should be playing better more consistently imo. 

Craig Gordon is a major reason we are 3rd imo.

 

We are 3rd and happy for him to continue and improve but would lose little sleep if he up sticks again. 

 

Good servant to the club.

 

We are Heart of Midlothian FC, 3rd is where we should be, anything lower would be disappointing.

 

 

A post  seeping with bitterness and back handed compliments. 

 

😂😂😂

 

The only thing being held back is your enjoyment from Hearts as you can't accept Bob having any success with us. 

 

On one hand it's a bit sad, on the other it's hilarious watching folk like yourself squirm and perform quite impressive mental gymnastics to stick the boot in at any opportunity. 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AlphonseCapone
16 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

I have never understood the hatred towards him tbh, he has been at Hearts for a very long time and always gave his all for us even if some think he was limited as a player, several managers disagreed with that one, me included, I thought he was a more than able player for our level. And as a manager, he has done a more than decent job as well albeit a couple of shambolic results. Some roasters in our support though are just unforgiving because of a defeat against our neighbours. 

 

😲 You managed Hearts!? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jamtartan74
1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

😲 You managed Hearts!? 

I did at one point but not revealing my true identity 😜 (may have been in a dream) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

chrisyboy7

Robbie has done a truly fantastic job this season....My gut tells me he has only just started......He will improve the squad and do it gradually.....Everything is in place for success......Keep it going please...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

billybalfour
4 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

He's doing great but there is a monkey on his back as far as cup ties go. You're being very disingenuous to your fellow fans to suggest that Robbie and Robbie alone earned that cup final place. I might give you that if we had knocked out Airdrie, Falkirk and BERWICK Rangers (was going to put BRORA but thought better of that) but the team earned that SF spot by beating the best team in Scotland by a country mile under previous management. He deserves credit, yes, because the substitutions in the semi and the final swung the games in our favour.
However, the fact is Robbie, in eight attempts, hasn't led us to a knockout cup tie victory in 90 minutes since Aberdeen in 2016. Hibs, Hibs, St Johnstone, Alloa, Brora, Hibs, Celtic and Celtic. Games 4 & 5 in particular need to be wiped out by nothing less than actual silverware and he's been given a great opportunity to get off to a good start in the quest for the SC in 2022... 

This is spot on and let's hope he addresses it.I don't think you can take league form in isolation from this.I am enjoying this season as much as anyone but amn't deluded enough to think he doesn't have issues with this.Hopefully we get all the way to Hampden so he can prove to some of us that he is learning.The cups are hugely important to a club of our size as without a doubt it is our best chance of a trophy.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vlad Magic

He is gradually silencing the critics so fair play to him.

 

There are better managers out there of course but firstly why would we spin the managerial merry go round and even if we did would we be guaranteed to get one of the better managers out there? Possibly not.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robbie is a PHM. Very happy with how we have performed this season and I think he will continue to build and improve us. Long may he continue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

I wouldn't rip it all up and start again if we ended up 4th tho. 

That would set us further back. 

 

Too many haven't learned the lesson since he left last time. 

He has us on The up, after getting us promoted. 

 

Ripping it all up  because of a league placing or a bad cup result would be detrimental on a collossol scale. 

 

Fans are generally reactive, emotion and short term messes. 

 

Our project is far longer term nd we are at the start of the journey. 

3rd/4th even 5th it won't matter Robbie will be here next season. 

 

I had us for 4th at the start of the season but clearly 3rd is now ours for the taking and will be if we repeat the first half of the season. 

 

Neither would I, but there needs to be firmer standards. No point going over old ground but results like Birkirkara or Brora aren't acceptable and I think thats been made clear, neither is continually missing targets - the gradual slide that happened after he left. 

 

In the Budge era Robbie is unquestionably the best manager we've had, problem is that its not exactly a period littered with heroes. 

 

I want to start to see a little consistency built up and consistently keeping our noses in front of Aberdeen/Hibs. Robbie has shown he can go the distance with the OF so its about trying to build up consistency against the weaker clubs in the league where we keep dropping silly points. We have the resources to carve out 3rd and succeed but its up to Robbie to make sure that happens. 

 

I'm really excited for the next couple of transfer windows because we're starting to assemble a very good team. Definitely seeing where improvements can be made, but we're doing well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robbies Tackle

He punched above his weight as a player and is doing so now as a manager.   I'm delighted for him that it's going well but just like as when he was RB I always feel we could do better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robbies Tackle
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Robbie is a PHM. Very happy with how we have performed this season and I think he will continue to build and improve us. Long may he continue. 

 

He's a Rangers fan who left us for MK Dons. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He punched above his weight as a player and is doing so now as a manager.   I'm delighted for him that it's going well but just like as when he was RB I always feel we could do better.

 

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

 

He's a Rangers fan who left us for MK Dons. 

 

 

 

Hmmm maybe you should change your user name mate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

 

He's a Rangers fan who left us for MK Dons. 

Said himself he's a Hearts. May have been Rangers as a youngster although I've heard he was a St Mirren supporter. As for MK Dons, we know why he left, I.e. Craig Levein. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

upgotheheads

I saw all of Robbie's playing career and have been watching Hearts since 1952, I watched Davie Holt, Takis Fysass, Walter Kidd,  Shevlane, Sneddon and loads of others . I can say without any fear of contradiction that the tackle in the cup final is the best single tackle I have ever witnessed, and anyone who cares to contradict me can GTF.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robbies Tackle
48 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

 

 

 

 

Hmmm maybe you should change your user name mate.

 

No way.  That tackle and that goal in Basel are stuff of absolute legend. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robbies Tackle
40 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Said himself he's a Hearts. May have been Rangers as a youngster although I've heard he was a St Mirren supporter. As for MK Dons, we know why he left, I.e. Craig Levein. 

 

I didn't know he left because of Levein.  If he did then I like him even more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robbies Tackle
40 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I saw all of Robbie's playing career and have been watching Hearts since 1952, I watched Davie Holt, Takis Fysass, Walter Kidd,  Shevlane, Sneddon and loads of others . I can say without any fear of contradiction that the tackle in the cup final is the best single tackle I have ever witnessed, and anyone who cares to contradict me can GTF.

 

Yes, yes it was. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I saw all of Robbie's playing career and have been watching Hearts since 1952, I watched Davie Holt, Takis Fysass, Walter Kidd,  Shevlane, Sneddon and loads of others . I can say without any fear of contradiction that the tackle in the cup final is the best single tackle I have ever witnessed, and anyone who cares to contradict me can GTF.

 

It was an absolutely glorious tackle tbh 3:29

 

 

:glorious:

 

 

Those throw ins as well, ****ing lethal weapon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
6 hours ago, Smithee said:

 

I do agree with this and I'm on the Robbie train, but I don't know about Hearts daft, he grew up hun

In the FoH video, the one voiced by Craig Gordon, he states quite explicitly that he is now a Hearts fan.  What he might have been is irrelevant now, I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Said himself he's a Hearts. May have been Rangers as a youngster although I've heard he was a St Mirren supporter. As for MK Dons, we know why he left, I.e. Craig Levein. 

 

Is that kind of privately acknowledged as the reason?

 

Recall a lot of press guff about 'who was really calling the shots' and then the 'phoodle' brigade too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robbies Tackle
17 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

In the FoH video, the one voiced by Craig Gordon, he states quite explicitly that he is now a Hearts fan.  What he might have been is irrelevant now, I think.

 

Hearts manager now saying he's a hearts fan shocker.  He was a rangers fan before and after he left us as a player.   It's like saying PHM Raith fan Levein.   Robbo and JC supported other clubs but fell in love with us and are PHM.   The biggest PHM I've met as an old player is not even liked by half our support. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

skinnybob72
12 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:


Next level for us is to open up a gap between us and 4th, get to the group stages of the Europa and do some damage in the cups - and do this for the next 3/4 seasons consistently. 
 

Challenging for a title is beyond us right now but we should at least be in a position to challenge for 2nd if either of the OF falter. 

Very much this - the 'next level' is where we are expected to finish 3rd, and are tipped to do so by all of the 'experts' in the media. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like many others I was furious after the Brora defeat but Budge was strong in backing him and has been proved right. Robbie is one of us and I hope he continues to prosper as Hearts manager.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, OTT said:

 

Neither would I, but there needs to be firmer standards. No point going over old ground but results like Birkirkara or Brora aren't acceptable and I think thats been made clear, neither is continually missing targets - the gradual slide that happened after he left. 

 

In the Budge era Robbie is unquestionably the best manager we've had, problem is that its not exactly a period littered with heroes. 

 

I want to start to see a little consistency built up and consistently keeping our noses in front of Aberdeen/Hibs. Robbie has shown he can go the distance with the OF so its about trying to build up consistency against the weaker clubs in the league where we keep dropping silly points. We have the resources to carve out 3rd and succeed but its up to Robbie to make sure that happens. 

 

I'm really excited for the next couple of transfer windows because we're starting to assemble a very good team. Definitely seeing where improvements can be made, but we're doing well. 

 

 

Agree with your general  sentiment but statements like "aren't acceptable" mean nothing. 

Fans want blood after a bad defeat, however as we know sacking a manager isn't even half a plan. 

 

It's just emotion. 

I also disagree regarding the European result, our status in European football isn't anywhere near what some of us think. 

Different argument tho and a pointless debate. 

 

The Brora result was a horror show, but thankfully our leadership were just that and never reacted to one off results. 

 

Robbie reminds me of Doddie, dragged us up and if he hangs about will get us high in the league. 

Robbie if comparing like for like is already ahead of him a well. 

 

Like Doddie, cups are the worry but for context we've won 3 cups in 60 years, St Johnstone have won 3 in 10 years.

It's hard and requires a bit of luck to win cups, it's not a measure of how good a team you are. 

 

If we continue to sack managers as a reaction to  bad result or 2 while the general progress has been good we won't move forward. 

 

Our biggest issue will be keeping a hold of him if we continue our progress over the next 2 seasons, not sacking him out of anger or in some cases bitterness about the past. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Smith's right boot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

blairdin
9 hours ago, DH1986 said:


The defeat v Brora was a sacking offence imo.

 

 

 

I can't get away from this. No manager should've escaped a result like that at the end of a season like that. 

 

That said, Robbie has done very, very well this season - he's got us playing some terrific, entertaining football this season and I think we'll comfortably finish third. I enjoy being at Tynecastle again. 

 

I'm still concerned Robbie has an over cautious approach, meaning we draw too many games we should be winning. Craig Gordon is looking like he'll be our player of the season - I think we're over reliant on Craig. I still think Robbie has a tendency to play players out of position too often - Woodburn stuck out on the right is a prime example. I still don't think we're putting our own youngsters on the pitch enough - Finlay Pollock for example, Harry Stone another. We can't rely on one year loanees season after season. 

 

Robbie is great here and now, but I still don't think he is the answer long term. I want us to aspire to be better than the "best of the rest", and we need a more experienced manager IMHO. I don't think there'd be any shortage of more experienced managers that would apply should be have a vacancy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

davemclaren
48 minutes ago, blairdin said:

 

I can't get away from this. No manager should've escaped a result like that at the end of a season like that. 

 

That said, Robbie has done very, very well this season - he's got us playing some terrific, entertaining football this season and I think we'll comfortably finish third. I enjoy being at Tynecastle again. 

 

I'm still concerned Robbie has an over cautious approach, meaning we draw too many games we should be winning. Craig Gordon is looking like he'll be our player of the season - I think we're over reliant on Craig. I still think Robbie has a tendency to play players out of position too often - Woodburn stuck out on the right is a prime example. I still don't think we're putting our own youngsters on the pitch enough - Finlay Pollock for example, Harry Stone another. We can't rely on one year loanees season after season. 

 

Robbie is great here and now, but I still don't think he is the answer long term. I want us to aspire to be better than the "best of the rest", and we need a more experienced manager IMHO. I don't think there'd be any shortage of more experienced managers that would apply should be have a vacancy. 

Any examples of who would be experienced, good enough, affordable and would want the job? I doubt it’s a big group. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

blairdin
Just now, davemclaren said:

Any examples of who would be experienced, good enough, affordable and would want the job? I doubt it’s a big group. 

 

Absolutely none. What we do know is managers at clubs never last forever, so when the Hearts job is next available we see who applies and what their CVs are like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...