Craig Gordon - 2 1/2 years deal : Happy Birthday!!!

Jack Torrance

Jack Torrance

One of the greatest players to have captained our club. Cup winner and leader.

Happy birthday Mr Gordon.

I had Sky Sports on in the background this morning.  They've been playing re-runs of Celtic and The Rangers games. Every minute or so you could hear his name getting mentioned for another incredible save. What a piece of business that was to get him back home.

0_GD10501779.jpg

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marvin

• Jack Torrance

• Kiwidoug

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

great news

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/craigs-delight-at-contract-extension

Craig Gordon has vowed to do everything he can to help bring success to the club after extending his contract by two-and-a-half-years. 

The Club Captain and Scotland number one will remain at Tynecastle until 2024 and has set his immediate sights on securing a return to European football for the boys in maroon. 

Speaking to heartsfc.co.uk after putting pen to paper on his 39th birthday, the Skipper said:

"These things always tend to take a bit of time but there's no question that this is what I wanted.

"Since I returned to the club the ambition was to first of all progress from the Championship and then regularly sustain challenges at the top end of the Premiership. We’ve done that so far this season and want to continue that and consistently be successful in the years to come. I want to be a part of that and I’m very happy to stay and give another two years towards making Hearts as successful as we possibly can.

"I always set myself goals and I’ll be working as hard as I can to help push everyone on and set the standards required for us to be successful.  

"We’re in a good position currently, five points clear in third. We must make sure we keep that gap and what we’re looking for now is to push on and get that European spot. There's a lot of hard work yet to be done.

"I feel good physically, I’ve been injury free since returning to Hearts and been able to work hard as a result. I’ve been happy with how I’ve been playing and I need to maintain those levels.

"I almost didn’t want that break to come to be honest but I’ve played a lot of games since returning so I should take the break and then come back ready for the second half of the season."

Edited by Tommy Brown

• davemclaren changed the title to Craig Gordon - 2 1/2 years deal : Happy Birthday!!!

Wonderful news.  Any idea how long we've been sitting on this before announcing it ?  Or was it just signed yesterday ?

3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Wonderful news.  Any idea how long we've been sitting on this before announcing it ?  Or was it just signed yesterday ?

teasing us, waited until his birthday to announce it 

This is not good news…

for every other ****er in the league 😝

yaaaassssss 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻 

Happy birthday big man 🇱🇻❤️🇱🇻

Absolutely fantastic news. Hope it speeds up others to know they have a brilliant keeper behind them and a great platform to win games and win trophies! C'mon the Hearts!:jambobanana:

Craig Gordon new contract in 2022 to 2024.jpg

wattie exploited

brilliant news so happy right now he was the one player that we needed to keep the most now get the other players signed back up like Kingsley ,Halket, Haring  :rifle:

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
13 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Not a bad start to the New Year !!!

Newcastle will be raging 🤡 

While Celtic supporters will be looking at Barkas and Bain, thinking "If only...".

Great news but still need a better option as back up.

Hopefully a decent keeper will want to take the chance of learning from Craig over the next couple of years (but initially having to settle for being no 2). Maybe we need to trust Harry Stone.

17 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Not a bad start to the New Year !!!

Newcastle will be raging 🤡 

🤣🤣🤣 well their number one fan will be at least 

Was going to say hope 2022 is better than 2021 ,but that news today has just made it a good year. Great business from Hearts and let's not forget the legend that is Craig Gordon,brilliant keeper first time round and signed a new contract so Hearts would get top money for him, (other current players take note!!)

Comes back even better, what a man !!!

Edited by Marczero

All roads lead to Gorgie

Great news. The thought of losing his services for a second time filled me with dread. 

Happy birthday Craig.