Boyes Toys - Anyone been.

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

Today was an amazing experience for me. I was lucky enough to get invited down to Boyes Toys down in Leicester.

First task

1 - Hovercraft - I came second, but had never done it before so was quite chuffed at that.

2 - Clay Pidgeon Shooting - Was 2nd at that. Guy got 16 out of 20 but I managed to get 14 out of 20. even though I'd never done it before, picked it up quite quickly. I had 2 outta 5, 3 outta 5, 5 outta 5, then 4 outta 5 for the remainder.

3 - Quad Bikes - Rocked this one. Had done it before, so because it was 130cc engine's was a pretty even field. I won this quite easy, coz it was so easy.

4 - Archery - got 88 outta 100. First time I'd tried this one too. I came second again, but because I was a novice, it was quite easy. The boy was an arse, but he was ok. As I'd never done it before, he kept harping on at me to straighten up, I told him to let me the feck shoot the arrow. He shut up and then I got 2nd.

5 - We had a Rage Buggy race. Not for points, but Im sure I won the race. Even though Im a fat bugger, the buggy's were really good at even'ing themselves out.

I was sure I'd have won the rage buggy's as the rest were pussy's when it came to the first corner but never mind.

I came second overall outta 28, (which I think for a 19st guy is pretty cool).

Anyone ever done it?

The Old Tolbooth
Today was an amazing experience for me. I was lucky enough to get invited down to Boyes Toys down in Leicester.

First task

1 - Hovercraft - I came second, but had never done it before so was quite chuffed at that.

2 - Clay Pidgeon Shooting - Was 2nd at that. Guy got 16 out of 20 but I managed to get 14 out of 20. even though I'd never done it before, picked it up quite quickly. I had 2 outta 5, 3 outta 5, 5 outta 5, then 4 outta 5 for the remainder.

3 - Quad Bikes - Rocked this one. Had done it before, so because it was 130cc engine's was a pretty even field. I won this quite easy, coz it was so easy.

4 - Archery - got 88 outta 100. First time I'd tried this one too. I came second again, but because I was a novice, it was quite easy. The boy was an arse, but he was ok. As I'd never done it before, he kept harping on at me to straighten up, I told him to let me the feck shoot the arrow. He shut up and then I got 2nd.

5 - We had a Rage Buggy race. Not for points, but Im sure I won the race. Even though Im a fat bugger, the buggy's were really good at even'ing themselves out.

I was sure I'd have won the rage buggy's as the rest were pussy's when it came to the first corner but never mind.

Anyone ever done it?

I've done something very similar to an events day out like that with Legal and General around 4 years ago, it was an amazing day!

I did the quad biking and loved it, we weren't competing against each other in it though, then there was 4x4 off road driving which was awesome!

After that there was a helicopter treasure hunt thing which lasted an hour, 2 different types of mud buggys that you were strapped into and raced around mud tracks, fantastic!

Then we did archery which I seemed to be good at, followed by sheep dog trials which sounds boring but was the best laugh of the day, and to top it off we had giant human table football where there was a huge inflatable football pitch with bars going across it that we were strapped to, all we could do is move left or right, and if the other guy strapped to the bar moved in the opposite direction then you had problems!

I think they're idea was to knacker us so much during the day that we wouldn't last long for the free bar at night, how wrong they were!!

The free drink stopped at midnight, however I sneakily clocked the big wigs room number who was paying for all the drinks, and we sat up til 6.30am scooping up ordering drinks on his room scribbling down a half baked signature for the night porter, god only know what his bill would be :rolleyes:

Doctor FinnBarr

First task

Anyone ever done it?

Real men will be in Belfast!

:)

Archived