Shoot, Cammy FFS

BelgeJambo

3 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Brilliant wee player, but as the title says.

Doesn’t have a shot in him. Not great at crossing either. But excellent as a spoiler in the middle of the park. 

• BelgeJambo changed the title to Shoot, Cammy FFS
4 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Brilliant wee player, but as the title says.

Does everything so well, then gets within 25 yards of goal and has a disaster. Hopefully that's something we and he can improve on as in final third he's yet to put in a massive contribution

2 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

His first goal will result in momentous scenes,hopefully at Tynecastle.

He still should have scored today though.

Amen to that brother 🇱🇻🇱🇻

Its clear he isn't built to be a goalscorer but by god he makes up for it with his other traits. We've lacked a player like him for years, its down to Mckay, GMS, Boyce etc. to be scoring.

8 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Its clear he isn't built to be a goalscorer but by god he makes up for it with his other traits. We've lacked a player like him for years, its down to Mckay, GMS, Boyce etc. to be scoring.

He’s built the same as Robbo and JC. 

He had a great opportunity in the first half but opted to lay it off to Halliday but he did have a pop in the second that was either saved or deflected and was going in I think.

Can imagine his confidence booming once he nets one as he's getting into these positions.

He’s the type of player that is brilliant until he gets the ball. Energy and running, tackling, attitude etc makes up for it.

I hope it doesn't become a negative that people focus on, he's one of the reasons we're going well. They mentioned before the game that he has the highest number of interventions in the division (I assume tackles + interceptions but can't swear to that). He's doing his share!

I think it’s starting to get to him a bit. The one on one at the end. I was off my seat thinking ‘here it comes Cammy’ and he nosebleeds it.

The boy is made for a derby goal. Imagine the scenes ? 

Thought he was going to make it 2 at the end, but he took a heavy touch and the keeper gathered it. 

Scenes would have been incredible if he'd put that chance away.... 

2 hours ago, kila said:

He had a great opportunity in the first half but opted to lay it off to Halliday but he did have a pop in the second that was either saved or deflected and was going in I think.

Can imagine his confidence booming once he nets one as he's getting into these positions.

I think that’s right. Never going to be a regular scorer but he gets into the positions so he’ll get one eventually. Probably playing on his mind a bit. 

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Doesn’t have a shot in him. Not great at crossing either. But excellent as a spoiler in the middle of the park. 

👆 Not quite true ...

3 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Looked like he struck a good one today heading goalward but got deflected away for a corner. 

Yup. Unfortunately, Fontaine's big bonce got in the way.

Brellier 0 goals in 52 league games for Hearts.  Was played as a disruptor in midfield, win the ball then pass it to the likes of Aguilar to distribute.  

Maybe we will never see a Devlin goal for Hearts. His passing and crossing need worked on, too, but his break-up play and engine are excellent.

When that goal does come, nailed on for a yellow card for his celebration 

Easter Road would be the icing on the cake for sure

3 hours ago, Alec Eiffel said:

Brellier 0 goals in 52 league games for Hearts.  Was played as a disruptor in midfield, win the ball then pass it to the likes of Aguilar to distribute.  

Maybe we will never see a Devlin goal for Hearts. His passing and crossing need worked on, too, but his break-up play and engine are excellent.

Not quite the same level but I think Morgaro Gomis' only goal for Hearts was the panenka penalty in the 10-0 game.

Devlin is learning. When he joined us he never shot nor was anywhere near the box. The last few weeks he’s been right in there and has had several goal scoring opportunities. Obviously needs to get some shooting practice in - but that could take him to another level.  

With the ball at his feet he is actually not much of a player. But he does have other qualities that he brings to the table and that make him an important member of the team. Everybody knows what they are so I won't bother listing them.

27 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Saving his first for the Dunbar End at ER.

Oh, NOOOO!!!! We're on the top tier, so should that come to pass then I might end up in the bottom tier. 😁

(But, like a cat, I'll land on my feet ... and not miss a twirl)

39 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Saving his first for the Dunbar End at ER.

It's written in the stars 

59 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

With the ball at his feet he is actually not much of a player. But he does have other qualities that he brings to the table and that make him an important member of the team. Everybody knows what they are so I won't bother listing them.

Thats not true

Not shooting is a problem that plagues our entire team. Boyce is absolutely awful for not taking his chances and it seems to be spreading to the rest of the team. If they went into the next game with a "shoot on sight" philosophy I'd love to see how we got on in comparison. Back in Levein days before it all went Pete Tong some games we were having over 30 shots. Yesterday was absolutely pitiful with the lack of shooting. Worst that can happen is they miss.

Edited by Sertse

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Did Neil Berry ever score a goal for us? Some players just don’t have them scoring boots 

Late equaliser against Hibs probably most memorable.

Cup game at Kilmarnock with Paul Ritchie in 1996.

2 that I can recall.

Edit - Checked LH.

9 Premier

1 SC

1 LC

in 316 competitive games.

Edited by DETTY29

Jangling Jack
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Did Neil Berry ever score a goal for us? Some players just don’t have them scoring boots 

A header in a 1-0 win over Celtic? That's what my idiot brain is telling me. Midweek maybe. 

23 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Not shooting is a problem that plagues our entire team. Boyce is absolutely awful for not taking his chances and it seems to be spreading to the rest of the team. If they went into the next game with a "shoot on sight" philosophy I'd love to see how we got on in comparison. Back in Levein days before it all went Pete Tong some games we were having over 30 shots. Yesterday was absolutely pitiful with the lack of shooting. Worst that can happen is they miss.

Walker and McEneff are the only two that do.

24 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Late equaliser against Hibs probably most memorable.

Cup game at Kilmarnock with Paul Ritchie in 1996.

2 that I can recall.

Edit - Checked LH.

9 Premier

1 SC

1 LC

in 316 competitive games.

23 minutes ago, Jangling Jack said:

A header in a 1-0 win over Celtic? That's what my idiot brain is telling me. Midweek maybe. 

👍

13 hours ago, Smithee said:

I hope it doesn't become a negative that people focus on, he's one of the reasons we're going well. They mentioned before the game that he has the highest number of interventions in the division (I assume tackles + interceptions but can't swear to that). He's doing his share!

I agree cracking whole hearted player who gives 100% every week 

but anyone expecting him to be a regular goal scorer is going to be disappointed

if Devlin scores more than a handful of goals in a maroon jersey I’ll be shocked, that goes for Beni too

2 hours ago, Jangling Jack said:

A goal made all the more difficult as he had a certain P McStay in his back pocket at the time.

Decent scenes after he scored at Killie in the Cup too

Shame he hit the x bar in tne 86 final 

Jangling Jack
3 hours ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

A goal made all the more difficult as he had a certain P McStay in his back pocket at the time.

Decent scenes after he scored at Killie in the Cup too

Shame he hit the x bar in tne 86 final 

👍🇱🇻

HeartsandonlyHearts
9 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Walker and McEneff are the only two that do.

I’ve been saying for weeks on game threads we should be shooting all the time. Yesterday’s goal came from a deflected shot hitting a post. We give up $#!tty deflected goals all the time. We should definitely shoot more. As the great one used to say “100 % of the shots you don’t take won’t go in”

21 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I’ve been saying for weeks on game threads we should be shooting all the time. Yesterday’s goal came from a deflected shot hitting a post. We give up $#!tty deflected goals all the time. We should definitely shoot more. As the great one used to say “100 % of the shots you don’t take won’t go in”

Wondering if anyone else has a clue who you are referencing there😉

J.T.F.Robertson
1 minute ago, Canscot said:

Wondering if anyone else has a clue who you are referencing there😉

I do, I do.

J.T.F.Robertson
5 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Pm me and spill then!😂

I'll only say that being a Flames' fan during his era wasn't a lot of fun.