Tommy Wright sacked - McInnes appointed ( updated )

132goals1958

53 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He’s a Killie fan isn’t he?  Plus it would be a step up, being a manager rather than just part of the coaching staff or whatever his role is at Hearts.  It would be a good opportunity for him to learn his trade. 

Don't know about him being a Killie fan but he certainly lives in my town (10 mins from Killie) Personally I think he'd be better staying and learning his trade with us. I can see him moving up our ranks in the future.

I was at Killie's training on Wednesday and didn't see any sign of disquiet in the ranks!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Savage Vince

• HMFC 86

• soonbe110

• Canscot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He’s a Killie fan isn’t he?  Plus it would be a step up, being a manager rather than just part of the coaching staff or whatever his role is at Hearts.  It would be a good opportunity for him to learn his trade. 

Killie/Rangers, same thing really, like to think we've won him over.

Just a thought. Tommy Wright was surely the 'safe pair of hands' required by Killi; just as he was touted for Hearts when we were in turmoil (ditto Jack Ross).

These two have some things in common:-

Neither of them are good enough for Hearts; and both of them have classic Cockney Rhyming Slang surnames.

Doctor FinnBarr
13 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

FFS.

FFS what? You never been in Ayrshire in July, wall-to-wall sash bash. Its in their blood due to it being the 1st place anyone from NI coming over tries to get a hoose (Johnny Adair et al).

1 minute ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

FFS what? You never been in Ayrshire in July, wall-to-wall sash bash. Its in their blood due to it being the 1st place anyone from NI coming over tries to get a hoose (Johnny Adair et al).

So all those who choose to support Kiĺlie are really Rangers fans?.

Again FFS 

That's like the Celtic attitude that every other team are Huns.

21 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

So all those who choose to support Kiĺlie are really Rangers fans?.

Again FFS 

That's like the Celtic attitude that every other team are Huns.

No, they are in general proddy Killie supporters.  Ayrshire has a reputation for Orange Lodges but does not mean that members are automatically huns.

i have a good mate who is a Killie supporter.  He hates the huns, although he hates tims more. It is in his upbringing.

3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Are you never pleasant?

No idea why people care about Tommy though, what has he got to do with Hearts ?

2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Just a thought. Tommy Wright was surely the 'safe pair of hands' required by Killi; just as he was touted for Hearts when we were in turmoil (ditto Jack Ross).

These two have some things in common:-

Neither of them are good enough for Hearts; and both of them have classic Cockney Rhyming Slang surnames.

Probably thought safe pair of hands but he is more a manager who builds a team over time. In the championship you just need to attack. Sounds simple but there is so many draws and slip ups from your rivals that wins are key. If your drawing with 20mins throw the kitchen sink at them. If you lose then just win next week. Totally different from we had hibs and Rangers and q good falkirk team.

15 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

Delighted to see this tossed sacked, seemed to take a dislike to Hearts while with St Johnstone, hopefully that’s his last job

Did a decent job with Saints. Like you, I detected a negative tone from him regarding Hearts.

Never quite understood what that was all about.

11 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Tin pot? They're just a small, local club. Sounds really arrogant calling them tin pot for that, and the sort of mentality old firm fans have about everyone else. 

Agreed. Weegie levels of condescension on display.

So from the info that he could be sacked if outside promotion places then he was sacked because of a postponement. 

Still think its because preferred candidate has become available.

kingantti1874
12 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Tin pot? They're just a small, local club. Sounds really arrogant calling them tin pot for that, and the sort of mentality old firm fans have about everyone else. 

to be clear I do have that mentality about everyone else.. 😂 they are all tin pot in my mind.. 

on a serious note, nothing personal against Arbroath but.   it really highlights how weak that league is. If you are honest It cannot be a good thing for Scottish football to have Arbroath in the top league..    How can we ever expect to attract top sponsorship and TV revenues with a part time team playing at a junior park? 

Ann Budge was right.  We have too many teams.  

18 hours ago, KillieMitch said:

What do you reckon learned Hearts fans - will there be a CV from an S Naismith on Monday or is he committed where he is? 

What do you think of the sacking Mitch? 5 points off the top with a game in hand seems very harsh.

Anything in the DoF working with Ross at Sunderland?

All seems a bit strange.

They will give it to Jack Ross if he is interested. They will go on his getting StMirren out of the championship and our neighbours 3rd in the big league.

A tad to early for S. Naismith, 18 months to 2 years from now will be a different story.

Glamorgan Jambo

First time I’ve heard of a manager being sacked in the aftermath of a match abandoned due to fog.

his successor is almost certainly lined up given the circumstances. Won’t be long to find out. I’m going for Jack Ross.

On 18/12/2021 at 18:18, Nunya Business said:

Naismith is a gamble I don’t think Kilmarnock can afford to take right now. If Killie don’t come back up at the first time of asking then they could be in serious trouble. With that in mind, I think they’ll go for someone experienced. 

Yup, exactly where I'm at too. And with that in mind, it would be just as much of a gamble for Naismith to take that job on. A lot of pressure on whoever gets it.

I hadn't realized they were 5th in the league, no wonder he got sacked lol hopefully they will be down for a few seasons now, another ground where we find it extremely difficult to win at.

The board should never have appointed Allessio or Dwyer after Clarke.  Neither were liked by the fans.  By the time Wright came in the squad was decimated.  Clarke had Killie playing at a far higher level than his successors could maintain and IMHO Wright had passed his SBD.  

Naismith has built a house in the area and would be a decent fit.

23 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

All the old mining towns in N Ayrshire like Kilwinning, Kilbirnie, Darvel, Auchenlech, etc. are staunch.  Orange Lodge No 1 is in Kilwinning.  But, be warned locals take offence if called huns.

Me and two mates were going to Troon for a golf weekend and visited a pub in Kilwinning on way. I asked a mate (called Kevin) to put some music on the jukebox while we sorted out a game of pool.  Kevin goes to the jukebox and is approached by a regular who asks his name.  When told the bluenose replies "Kevin is it?  Then how do you like these tunes?"  The Sash comes on the jukebox and is repeated 3 times before we drink up and leave in haste.

20 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

First time I’ve heard of a manager being sacked in the aftermath of a match abandoned due to fog.

his successor is almost certainly lined up given the circumstances. Won’t be long to find out. I’m going for Jack Ross.

Malcolm Crosby was sacked by Sunderland after the Pools Panel awarded a victory to the opposition in a game that was called off.

I think Wright was seen as attractive to many on here - probably including me, can't remember - because he represented a safe pair of hands. A manager who would play right backs at right back, midfielders in midfield and 4-4-2 every game, as opposed to the constant overthinking, tinkering and too-clever-by-half Levein management.

He probably would have done alright for a while and then stagnated and failed after about 18 months.

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Tommy Wright is a whinging faced arsehole. 

Happy days. 

He will be bookies favorite for Livi , Ross County , Dundee , if they decide to change manager.

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think Wright was seen as attractive to many on here - probably including me, can't remember - because he represented a safe pair of hands. A manager who would play right backs at right back, midfielders in midfield and 4-4-2 every game, as opposed to the constant overthinking, tinkering and too-clever-by-half Levein management.

He probably would have done alright for a while and then stagnated and failed after about 18 months.

I’m not sure about attractive but I still think he would probably have kept us up after Levein got sacked or certainly if he’d taken over earlier.  We’ll never know now and it would have been turgid to watch.  

Hope Kilmarnock go with a cost cutting appointment what will seal their championship status for next season, Then just mold into a championship team for years like Raith Rovers and QOS.  

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Canscot said:

Mcinnes in advanced talks according to the Beeb. 

He'll do a decent job. Then Killie will struggle to hold onto him.

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Mcinnes in advanced talks according to the Beeb. 

SSN saying that too, bit of a come down 😆

Only just seen this thread. 

There were plenty on here that wanted this absolute relic of footballing history in charge of Heart of Midlothian FC. 

Take a walk of shame. 

An absolute dinosaur who thinks that the pinnacle of football is kicking your opponent up in the air, and hoofing a ball forward aimlessly from a centre back, hoping it will fall on the head of a 6ft 4 striker who couldn't trap a bag of cement.

Atrocious manager who encourages atrocious football. 

9 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Only just seen this thread. 

There were plenty on here that wanted this absolute relic of footballing history in charge of Heart of Midlothian FC. 

Take a walk of shame. 

An absolute dinosaur who thinks that the pinnacle of football is kicking your opponent up in the air, and hoofing a ball forward aimlessly from a centre back, hoping it will fall on the head of a 6ft 4 striker who couldn't trap a bag of cement.

Atrocious manager who encourages atrocious football. 

I wasn't interested personally as he has often been a bit of an arse towards us (and got the better of us at times, which also rankles), as much as that isn't quite the criteria for selecting a manager! He did come across as a dour, old fart too. 

I'm still in the camp that a good proportion of managers are just a flip of a coin gamble. Players take to them or are happy to get shot of the previous manager, the team then benefits from a new manager bounce and does a bit better than other teams around them who may be next to need to remove a tired coach.

Imagine managing that shit. Marginally worse than Aberdeen mind. Both clubs similar crowd wise nowadays. Killie also have a better stadium albeit crap pitch

On 20/12/2021 at 00:41, Alec Eiffel said:

All the old mining towns in N Ayrshire like Kilwinning, Kilbirnie, Darvel, Auchenlech, etc. are staunch.  Orange Lodge No 1 is in Kilwinning.  But, be warned locals take offence if called huns.

Me and two mates were going to Troon for a golf weekend and visited a pub in Kilwinning on way. I asked a mate (called Kevin) to put some music on the jukebox while we sorted out a game of pool.  Kevin goes to the jukebox and is approached by a regular who asks his name.  When told the bluenose replies "Kevin is it?  Then how do you like these tunes?"  The Sash comes on the jukebox and is repeated 3 times before we drink up and leave in haste.

The historic lodge in Kilwinning is the Masonic lodge, the first orange lodge was opened in Northern Ireland. Wouldn't disagree with anything else in the post !!

A classic case of making a poor decision? McInnes turned down Rangers did he not - and now he's being linked with Killie in the Championship. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Tommy Wright sacked - McInnes appointed ( updated )

That's the Masonic Lodge. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Never got the fuss about him. One cup is an incredibly poor return given Aberdeen's advantages the whole time he was manager.

OK he got several 2nd places but he never managed to build a serious challenge in all the time Rangers were out and us, Hibs and even D Utd were weak or not in the league at all.

If you have a 100m sprint race and Aberdeen is usually a 3rd-5th place contender, then the usual challengers for 3rd and 4th are out or half-fit a few races plus the 2nd best sprinter is out or half-fit at the same time, you'd have to try hard NOT to get a few silver medals. When the league got stronger Aberdeen declined very quickly.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Boyces beard
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

fk me, didn't realise Gary O'Connor was still playing and at Kilmarnock, clearly they have borrowed his shirt for the photo shoot 😁

Basically, the Ayrshire coast is nicknamed the Orange Coast by locals.  

4 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Big step down. Probably be in that league next season too.

certainly hope so. They might get a new manager bounce, but not convinced he will be able to turn them round that much