Fortress Tynecastle

K1874M

Depends what kind of manager you want really. All the people critical of Leveins tactics forget that he made it a fortress due to those very tactics. Defensive strength and organisation.

you got it

Here's hoping mate, last season was hellish at times.

Taz; The fans do have a part to play also, will the crowd turn at the first sign of trouble or will our (the fans) bottle be back to what it was.

Destruction Derby

maybe wont be able to make it as much of a fortress as we want regarding team,results,etc etc but lets hope we get it back to an ATMOSPHERIC (sp?) Tynecastle, Give the opposition players something else to worry about and be afraid off. Afterall, it has been voted the best Away stadium in the SPL so lets show everyone why!!!!

H E A R T S ..............................

maybe wont be able to make it as much of a fortress as we want regarding team,results,etc etc but lets hope we get it back to an ATMOSPHERIC (sp?) Tynecastle, Give the opposition players something else to worry about and be afraid off. Afterall, it has been voted the best Away stadium in the SPL so lets show everyone why!!!!

H E A R T S ..............................

Because teams fans knew they had a chance... that needs to change, if it doesnt then we're no further forward.

Destruction Derby

Exactly, How many games was the atmosphere terrible last season??? I know we need the players to help us get up for the game but it works the other way round aswell, We can change it aswell, definately not as much as the players can effect things but we can still do our bit.

Can we make it a fortress again?

If the manager is allowed to do his job and the players respond by actually giving a **** then i think we can. We really need to improve the playing staff though.

Pete Seeger

I just hope us fans get behind the manager and behind the team and at least try to give us a fresh start. If we do I see no reason why we can't make it a fortress again.

GORGIE RULE

In many ways, it should be the main aim. Our showings over the past two years at Tynecastle have been horrific, we've lost to almost everyone and have had virtually no entertainment.

If we can take care of business at Tynecastle, we can have a really good season.

Buffalo Bill

Season 05/06:

Hearts didn't concede one goal in the first half at Tynecastle.

Now that's impressive.

Can we make it a fortress again? Yes, if everyone is pulling in the same direction. We have the bricks. We just need the mortar.

Buffalo Bill

No Nonsense

Lets hope so. Bringing back "Fortress Tynecsastle" is key to us getting back in Europe. As I recall, in previous seasons, our away form has never been outstanding, but our home for was key to us being up the right end of the league...

Paisley Jambo

A fortress like from May 1985 to February 1987.

Twenty-one months unbeaten, now that was a fortress, and these were the days. :Hearts Man dance:

Buffalo Bill
A fortress like from May 1985 to February 1987.

Twenty-one months unbeaten, now that was a fortress, and these were the days. :Hearts Man dance:

That was awesome. Although I seem to remember it was one Mr Fleck who ended it all.

Buffalo Bill

Paisley Jambo
That was awesome. Although I seem to remember it was one Mr Fleck who ended it all.

Buffalo Bill

Yes 5 - 2 defeat if I remember correctly, but you would take that to have such a run again.

Drylaw Hearts
Exactly, How many games was the atmosphere terrible last season??? I know we need the players to help us get up for the game but it works the other way round aswell, We can change it aswell, definately not as much as the players can effect things but we can still do our bit.

The atmosphere was affected mainly because everytime the team sheet was read out prior to the match there was reason for an almighty groan.

Wether it was because Kurkis was in goals, Zal in midfield, Audry on the wing or Bennyuseless in attack there was a major reason to have a moan.

We only really got up for it against the OF and Hibs.

Francis Albert
We only really got up for it against the OF and Hibs.

As has been the case for all but two or three seasons in the last 40 years. In fact I suspect that sort of statistic can be extended to our entire history.

(sorry I know that any comment that reflects a memory span beyond that of a may fly is not permissible)

If we get to the start of the season with a manager we don't hate, players that don't make us want to poke our own eyes out and a decent result/performance or two from pre-season then yep, I think we'll be just fine....because then we'll be brave enough to show a little defiance. I can't wait to hear that.

:)

Walter Payton

Make Tynecastle into a fortress? I thought planning permission for the new stand was hard enough to get, but if a moat would make it harder for Hibbies to get near the place I'm all for it.

Jam Tarts 1874

We have made it so easy for teams to come and take points from us. We just do not put any teams under pressure, even with 5 in midfield we get over-run all over the pitch.

We DO have alot of good players and good young players close to a breakthrough, hopefully the new manager can knock them into shape, get them to express themselves properly on the pitch so that we can all get behind the team again and build up the atmosphere.

Make Tynecastle into a fortress? I thought planning permission for the new stand was hard enough to get, but if a moat would make it harder for Hibbies to get near the place I'm all for it.

A circle of soap round the ground would be sufficient.

When Craig Levein was our manager the ground was two thirds full and the atmosphere was usually non-existent. But the manager and players delivered week after week to the extent that if we went a goal down we knew we would come back. September 2002- September 2004 we only lost at home to the Old Firm and Bordeaux. Now we don't have a manager and the players are gutless. In short, I think a good home record is mostly to do with what is on the park not what is in the stands.

These are big noises for a team without a goalkeeper, right back, left back, right midfielder, left midfielder or any strikers as well as a manager with no experience of Scottish football or indeed British football! If we can secure Csaba with a guarantee of sole control over team selection...if we can recruit players of quality for the positions highlighted above...if the team can play with a bit of passion and, dare I say it, flair...if we can do those things then we may turn Tynie into the place opposition teams dread.

When Craig Levein was our manager the ground was two thirds full and the atmosphere was usually non-existent. But the manager and players delivered week after week to the extent that if we went a goal down we knew we would come back. September 2002- September 2004 we only lost at home to the Old Firm and Bordeaux. Now we don't have a manager and the players are gutless. In short, I think a good home record is mostly to do with what is on the park not what is in the stands.

But the fans can help, booing team sheets, substitutions and using more energy shouting at our own fans and player certainly doesn’t help, granted this can be caused by whats on the park.

kimura; You sound like you've just woken up in a bin. :hobofish:

If you haven’t then I appologise, in my eyes 2/3 additions to the squad would give us the 3rd best squad in Scotland.

200milesfromgorgie

my love for Tynecastle says yes we WILL bring it back to what it was a couple of seasons ago. I've dragged friends to Tynie 05/06 06/07 seasons and they have all said what a great atmosphere it was. One even commented "it's like Ninian Park but with a few less racists, what? you can't smoke? Fricking Nazis!"

But the fans can help, booing team sheets, substitutions and using more energy shouting at our own fans and player certainly doesn’t help, granted this can be caused by whats on the park.

kimura; You sound like you've just woken up in a bin. :hobofish:

If you haven’t then I appologise, in my eyes 2/3 additions to the squad would give us the 3rd best squad in Scotland.

The fans can help of course. IMO we have always been a bit of a moany support but I have never seen anything like the sort of things that have been happening in the last two years that you described. The reason being that most of us are frustrated that the line-ups and subs may be being dictated from Lithuania. In the past fans have been able to target the manager, as we haven't had one for a while frustrations are being cast in all directions when the man to blame is thousands of miles away.

I agree with you that we are not too far away from having the 3rd best squad in Scotland. Let's hope we can see this on the park.

The fans can help of course. IMO we have always been a bit of a moany support but I have never seen anything like the sort of things that have been happening in the last two years that you described. The reason being that most of us are frustrated that the line-ups and subs may be being dictated from Lithuania. In the past fans have been able to target the manager, as we haven't had one for a while frustrations are being cast in all directions when the man to blame is thousands of miles away.

I agree with you that we are not too far away from having the 3rd best squad in Scotland. Let's hope we can see this on the park.

Agreed, furstration can be a killer BUT I do believe Frail had full control from Jan onwards, its just a shame the fans didnt believe this due the the bed Vlad made for himself.

Need to start 08/09 with a clean slate I feel.

Agreed, furstration can be a killer BUT I do believe Frail had full control from Jan onwards, its just a shame the fans didnt believe this due the the bed Vlad made for himself.

Need to start 08/09 with a clean slate I feel.

Frail admitted in supporter meetings that he was made to drop Wallace for Goncalves and that he was not permitted to pair Nade and Elliot at St Mirren. It is also quite clear that Tall was not available for selection. So, no he didn't have full control. Whoever the new manager is will no doubt state that he has full control but we've heard it all before. I think some Hearts fans are prepared to put up with low level interference from VR as long as we get a decent manager on board. I'm not. I hope you're in good voice for next season, positivity is rarely a bad thing, I hope I get mine back soon.

Frail admitted in supporter meetings that he was made to drop Wallace for Goncalves and that he was not permitted to pair Nade and Elliot at St Mirren. It is also quite clear that Tall was not available for selection. So, no he didn't have full control. Whoever the new manager is will no doubt state that he has full control but we've heard it all before. I think some Hearts fans are prepared to put up with low level interference from VR as long as we get a decent manager on board. I'm not. I hope you're in good voice for next season, positivity is rarely a bad thing, I hope I get mine back soon.

I think a player being dropped for commercial reasons happens everywhere, every football fan has to put up with low lever interference.

Guest JamboRobbo

I agree we need to return Tynie to being a fortress.

That is up to those in charge of the club, to put the right people in charge of the football side, who can then put the right players on the park to give the fans what they crave.

All the fans can do is keep filling the stadium, and react as fans do to what is put in front of them. The passion generated at a buzzing Tynie is not something people can fake.

In short, the recent capitulations at Tynie are not the fault of the fans....

I agree we need to return Tynie to being a fortress.

That is up to those in charge of the club, to put the right people in charge of the football side, who can then put the right players on the park to give the fans what they crave.

All the fans can do is keep filling the stadium, and react as fans do to what is put in front of them. The passion generated at a buzzing Tynie is not something people can fake.

In short, the recent capitulations at Tynie are not the fault of the fans....

Accepted but, will the fans go in with a clean slate this year...

Will fans take the hump after a couple of poor experimental pre season games

Guest JamboRobbo
Accepted but, will the fans go in with a clean slate this year...

Will fans take the hump after a couple of poor experimental pre season games

I think the fans will turn up and hope for the best as always. If it doesn't happen, they'll not be best pleased, as always. It's up to HMFC to put a winning team on the park, and the fans will back it. I've no doubt of that.

And if we fail to put a winning team on the park, no amount of fans backing would make much difference anyway.

It's 75% us, the fans, who make Tynecastle a fortress. When we are in good voice we intimidate the opposition. Last season we intimidated our own team. Hopefully the most vocal grumps will have decided not to renew and Tynecastle will revert to being a cauldron which the opposition fear.

Guest JamboRobbo
It's 75% us, the fans, who make Tynecastle a fortress. When we are in good voice we intimidate the opposition.

Only if the team is up to it. The fans are that extra 10%. If you're missing the basics (the manager, the tactics, the players, the motivation etc), then the extra 10% the fans can give the team is irrelevent.

YES

get rid of the entire team and the regime in charge and start again

Only if the team is up to it. The fans are that extra 10%. If you're missing the basics (the manager, the tactics, the players, the motivation etc), then the extra 10% the fans can give the team is irrelevent.

Footballers themselves seem to rate Tynecastle as the most imposing ground in Scotland - even with the OF having 3-4 times as many fans it is the stands' proximity to the pitch and the acoustics of Tynie that causes this

Footballers themselves seem to rate Tynecastle as the most imposing ground in Scotland - even with the OF having 3-4 times as many fans it is the stands' proximity to the pitch and the acoustics of Tynie that causes this

Even Peel Lennon said that but now it is a joke and people circle it on their calander

Guest JamboRobbo

Oh I agree with that. But still, you've got to have the foundation of a decent manager and players to build on, otherwise the fans could lift the roof off the place and it still wouldn't turn the likes of Beniuselless into a football player.

Yes,

if Vlad names his hotel "Fortress".

havinalaugh

Coming from a :hobofish: i think you can make it a fortress again.

At all the derby games i've been too,the noise and atmosphere was amazing.

When we played St Johnstone there and had the home stands,it felt you were

closer to the pitch and the singing louder. Can see why you want that

atmosphere back. Have to admit ER a bit quiet for me these days.

Do you think if/when your new stand goes up,it could affect that?

Guest jambomickey

we usually got a lot to sing about when you visit! you must be sick at the amount of times we beat yous? big team big cup wee team wee cup

havinalaugh

Thanks for reminding me ;)

Do you think the atmosphere's better now or when it was all standing?

Prefered ER before all seated

As long as the stands are steep then it shouldnt, I'd hope...

I think if we see the best players being picked. If we see a formation that suggests we are planning on WINNING a game as opposed to drawing, then yes I think the atmosphere will improve dramatically.

If we see guys on the pitch giving us everything, wanting the shirt badly. Then it will get even louder.

Lets hope this is what happens.

Smoked-Glass

season 03-04 only lost 4 games at home and that was once to huns, twice to tims (one cup) and once bourduax so pretty impressive.

Archived