New Managers first 3 signings

jambojohn1

As always when a new manager moves to a new Club the press say certain players will be following him, the reality is that it is unlikely to happen.

Csaba has lined up Cranes stars David Obua, defender Hassan Wasswa and club less striker Geoffrey Massa.

Source

http://www.redpepper.ug/sports.php

Dunno if work permits might be a bit hard to come by for Ugandan players. Mind you, wasn't Idi Amin the lask king of Scotland? Maybe if they can claim some sort of family connection?!

Peter Olivers Army

More interestingly, if you are on the link, click on an item on the sidebar "Cranes sink to new lows".

Does not inspire much confidence.

I thought this quote in the rag was amusing

Pepper Sport can also reveal that Csaba has lined up Cranes stars David Obua, defender Hassan Wasswa and club less striker Geoffrey Massa. ?Most of the players have vowed to follow him,? the source added.

Be a bit of a pain during International call ups ;)

Here's some more rumour that I found on another forum:

Another African player going to Europe. Apparently Geoffrey Massa, Ugandan striker is on is way to Sporting Lisbon of Portugal (the club that sold Cristiano Ronaldo to Manchester United). What do you think about this player? Is he good? Thanks

Seen him only once, in the UG v Nigeria game. The guy is a hustler, he was the reason for both 'penalties' against the Super Eagles. Hardworking guy

Ibrahim Tall

Obua's a decent player, haven't heard of the others though.

If we were signing a Ugandan international would have preffered it was Ibrahim Sekagya tbh.

Most of the players have vowed to follow him,? the source added.

Of course the players will be looking to follow him, they have just seen their manager possibly having his wages quadrupled or more. Me thinks they are seeing ? signs in their eyes.

Horatio Caine
More interestingly, if you are on the link, click on an item on the sidebar "Cranes sink to new lows".

Does not inspire much confidence.

To be fair, we know nothing about the author of that article, nor what agenda he has. For all we know, he may be the Ugandan equivalent of a certain poster on here whose name rhymes with `Dancer`.

Can't say I know anything about any of them. Having a wee look Obua seems to be considered one of ugandas better plays. He at least plays in the S.african league which is quite well known in terms of african football.

Wassawa on the other hand is playing in the ethiopian league, if we sign him I'd love to see him do a job but I doubt it. As if he was any good a european club from a country with less player restrictions would already have snapped him up.

Ethiopanian football must have next to no money so even the most lowly of european clubs could have signed him.

I'm hoping that if Csaba is appointed though and if these players are signed they will turn out for the better as it is purely because they are unknown, Csaba could use his knowledge on this front to unearth some gems?

Dunno if work permits might be a bit hard to come by for Ugandan players. Mind you, wasn't Idi Amin the lask king of Scotland? Maybe if they can claim some sort of family connection?!

Uganda are so low in the FIFA rankings that they'd be very unlikely to get permits I'd have thought.

Drylaw Hearts
The African Cup of Nations would seriously deplete the squad if this is true.

Not to mention WC qualifiers.

We need to stay clear of players from outwith Europe where possible.

Pete Seeger
Obua's a decent player, haven't heard of the others though.

If we were signing a Ugandan international would have preffered it was Ibrahim Sekagya tbh.

I agree :cool:

The African Cup of Nations would seriously deplete the squad if this is true.

Don't think they have qualified that often in recent years and are currently 3rd in their group for the WC and I think African football included these groups as qualifiers for the ACN

Uganda are so low in the FIFA rankings that they'd be very unlikely to get permits I'd have thought.

What is the criteria for work permits?

duel european citizenship or a playing in a (x%) percentage of internationals?

possibily an appeal on the basis of the ability to significantly improve quality of the league (niculae at ICT).

Surely it doesn't matter what country to play your internationals for? especially in 'PC' times like these there would surely be an arguement on racial or discriminative grounds or something?

Peter Olivers Army
To be fair, we know nothing about the author of that article, nor what agenda he has. For all we know, he may be the Ugandan equivalent of a certain poster on here whose name rhymes with `Dancer`.

Heh, heh, good point.

We might not get the players, but I'm sure the ****** & the hootsman will battle it out for the journo's services. ;)

Guest Maroon Carpet

Pity we coudn't get someone of the class of Ricardo Fuller, and keep him this time, as it seems everytime we get a player of any quality he is either lined up for a move to the west or down south.

possibily an appeal on the basis of the ability to significantly improve quality of the league (niculae at ICT).

Surely it doesn't matter what country to play your internationals for? especially in 'PC' times like these there would surely be an arguement on racial or discriminative grounds or something?

WHen we were apparently signing Hleb last season it all hung on Belarus being 74th in the rankings and him playing 75% of games as to whether he'd qualify or not.

I don't think Uganda are anywhere near 74th.

We managed to get a permit for Quitongo and he was Angolan! (or did he have dual nationality?)

Ibrahim Tall

I'm pretty sure the reason Gogua had his work permit turned down was due to Georgia being "too low". There's plenty from far lower countries who've managed to get one no problem though. :rolleyes:

Chad Sexington
We managed to get a permit for Quitongo and he was Angolan! (or did he have dual nationality?)

Didn't he have dual Portuguese nationality?

Ibrahim Tall

Part Portuguese i think, was 'playing' with Benfica before he came over here anyway and i'm pretty sure he's never even played for Angola?

Frankenstein Jambo.
Could this be the UGANDA MIKO???

......and what is wrong with miko? The last 5-6 games of last season i thought he was our best player.

Frankenstein Jambo.
Pity we coudn't get someone of the class of Ricardo Fuller, and keep him this time, as it seems everytime we get a player of any quality he is either lined up for a move to the west or down south.

Fuller was class. Who was it we where playing when he got the ball at the half way line and skinned half the team and dinked the ball over the goalkeeper?

WHen we were apparently signing Hleb last season it all hung on Belarus being 74th in the rankings and him playing 75% of games as to whether he'd qualify or not.

I don't think Uganda are anywhere near 74th.

could be wrong but I'm sure it is just 75% of internationals now you mention it as I seem to remember Hleb being on 74% and only being shy by a few games or something ridiculous like that?

J.T.F.Robertson
Fuller was class. Who was it we where playing when he got the ball at the half way line and skinned half the team and dinked the ball over the goalkeeper?

Motherwell. (I was there) :cool:

Captain Canada

Let's just judge whoever he buys on performance. Very few of us had heard of Brellier, Skacel and Bednar but they all made a big impression. I would welcome some more African players and maybe one or two from China - we could do with tapping into that market - could be worth a fortune and couldn't be much worse than some of the Lithuanians we've had like Barasa.

Frankenstein Jambo.
Motherwell. (I was there) :cool:

I couldn't remeber if it was Aberdeen or motherwell..cheers.

Frankenstein Jambo.
Let's just judge whoever he buys on performance. Very few of us had heard of Brellier, Skacel and Bednar but they all made a big impression. I would welcome some more African players and maybe one or two from China - we could do with tapping into that market - could be worth a fortune and couldn't be much worse than some of the Lithuanians we've had like Barasa.

No disrespect to the china but it would be very high risk investing in any of their plyers. They wouldn't be strong enough to compete in the SPL.

To be fair, Brellier had came through the ranks at Inter Milan, Skacel came from Marseille and had been capped by the Czechs and Bednar was already on the verge of the Czech squad. Slightly different pedigree than the Ethiopian league.

I agree with you that players should be judged on performance. But we've seen the average quality of player from the Lithuanian league. With one or two exceptions, they've been pretty poor. I'd rather we just signed good players for the positions we require them, no matter where they're from. And certainly not just because the owner or manager knows players from a particular country or because they might have marketing potential.

No disrespect to the china but it would be very high risk investing in any of their plyers. They wouldn't be strong enough to compete in the SPL.

Expert on chinese football? You can get pretty big chinamen don't you no.

Someone was talking about a Chinese striker who is taller than crouch the other day. Du Wei wasn't exactally small neither is Dongzhou a complete lightweight. Also Fan Zhiyi wasn't lightweight either.

That chinese basketball player in the NBA is huge too.

Also china traditionally does alot of material arts, contact sports if you like. They might not nessecerily be lightweights if that is what you are implying?

Frankenstein Jambo.
Expert on chinese football? You can get pretty big chinamen don't you no.

Someone was talking about a Chinese striker who is taller than crouch the other day. Du Wei wasn't exactally small neither is Dongzhou a complete lightweight. Also Fan Zhiyi wasn't lightweight either.

That chinese basketball player in the NBA is huge too.

Also china traditionally does alot of material arts, contact sports if you like. They might not nessecerily be lightweights if that is what you are implying?

Ok, sorry, But how many chineese football players have you seen being signed by big football teams in britain?

There is a reason to that..and thats because they aren't suited to our game.

I am not an expert on chineese football, no, but having watched there national side play, the best china have to offer, then i would say no thank you.

Ok, sorry, But how many chineese football players have you seen being signed by big football teams in britain?

There is a reason to that..and thats because they aren't suited to our game.

I am not an expert on chineese football, no, but having watched there national side play, the best china have to offer, then i would say no thank you.

sorry bud, wasn't having a go or anything. I'm no expert on chinese football either but Sun Jihai played in the premiership for man city, I'd take him in a flash. Also Zheng Zhi at Charlton and Li Tie played premiership football for everton. Dongzhou at man united aswell (fair enough only 1 appearance).

Shao Jiayi is a decent player who played in the Bundesliga which is quite physical also.

My point is they have a large enough population we shouldn't rule them out. I think it is only a matter of time before we see some quality players emerge from these sorts of countries.

Not to mention WC qualifiers.

We need to stay clear of players from outwith Europe where possible.

So Lithuania's OK with you then? ;)

Csaba has lined up Cranes stars David Obua, defender Hassan Wasswa and club less striker Geoffrey Massa.

Source

http://www.redpepper.ug/sports.php

You know better one casus. Uganda is on 97 place of FIFA ranking. For work permit is max 75 place. In another site this is former UK teritorys...Answer me pls if any know what is the rules in this case.

You know better one casus. Uganda is on 97 place of FIFA ranking. For work permit is max 75 place. In another site this is former UK teritorys...Answer me pls if any know what is the rules in this case.

Former terroritories make no difference now. Only provinces: players from footballing 'nations' like turks and caicos islands or anguilla would be exempt for work permits.

Former terroritories make no difference now. Only provinces: players from footballing 'nations' like turks and caicos islands or anguilla would be exempt for work permits.

In this case this discition going to finish. With 97 place in FIFA ranking players from this country have no any chance.

......and what is wrong with miko? The last 5-6 games of last season i thought he was our best player.

nothing wrong with Miko, the guy is brilliant , what I was trying to say was he not Vlad prodigy??? :):):)

I like the sound of the boy Augustine Nsumba!

Club : SC Villa

Nickname: Deco

He is one of whiz kid graduates from Villa's football "nursery". Should be the youngest in the Cranes squad but the most talented, deadliest and exciting local based player in the Cranes squad. With Nsumba, it's a matter of time before Uganda can have another Jackson Mayanja (the best Ugandan player of all time).

Very short but with a capacity to take on any one of any size and as deadly as a cobra in the 18 yard box. His left foot is as good as his right.

He can play any where in the mid field and as a half nine. Because of his in- experience, the young star is likely to start from the bench in the game against Lesotho .

http://www.ugpulse.com/articles/daily/homepage.asp?ID=488

Frankenstein Jambo.
nothing wrong with Miko, the guy is brilliant , what I was trying to say was he not Vlad prodigy??? :):):)

i thought he got dumped for pinila ;)

Archived