****Big Hearts Foodbank Collection 2021***

Dagger Is Back

Dagger Is Back

We've had an update from Big Hearts on this years Foodbank Collection and what a campaign it's been.

Around 700 kilos of goods were donated on the day along with £1584.10 in cash.

Our JKB online campaign raised just short of £3200 and the Board at JKB have kindly offered not only to round that up to £4000, but to cover all Paypal fees too. It means that in addition to the goods donated, some £5584.10 will also go to COSS which will help them support families in 2022.

A huge thank you as ever, to JKB members and non members who have supported this very worthwhile cause.

2029204847_Twitter-PostTemplate-2021-12-07T153604.901(002).thumb.png.6f885a57a4e9cb9706ea1157df975ba4.png

11 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

We've had an update from Big Hearts on this years Foodbank Collection and what a campaign it's been.

Around 700 kilos of goods were donated on the day along with £1584.10 in cash.

Our JKB online campaign raised just short of £3200 and the Board at JKB have kindly offered not only to round that up to £4000, but to cover all Paypal fees too. It means that in addition to the goods donated, some £5584.10 will also go to COSS which will help them support families in 2022.

A huge thank you as ever, to JKB members and non members who have supported this very worthwhile cause.

2029204847_Twitter-PostTemplate-2021-12-07T153604.901(002).thumb.png.6f885a57a4e9cb9706ea1157df975ba4.png

Fantastic. 

This is terrific from the award winning Big Heartd.  I know there are thousands of decent people here who simply can't make ends meet.  This time of the year is particularly harsh on them.

The divide between rich and poor here us ever widening and I expect it is exactly the same in Edinburgh.

37 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

This is terrific from the award winning Big Heartd.  I know there are thousands of decent people here who simply can't make ends meet.  This time of the year is particularly harsh on them.

The divide between rich and poor here us ever widening and I expect it is exactly the same in Edinburgh.

Good post, DOug.    And things look like getting worse too, with energy costs due to rise again soon.  Life is desperate for an alarming number of people.    We like to give what we can throughout the year to  good causes, not just at Xmas.   Community initiatives like this one provide vital support to local folk.