Lee Wallace to Celtic

Jambo Martin

Drew Busby !

This ongoing farce is the latter day equivalent of the Monthy Python "Cheese shop" sketch,

Manager: Got any left backs ?

Vlad: Fresh out of left backs I'm afraid. Last one just went.

Manager: Centre-halfs ? You must have some centre halfs !

Vlad: Sorry, he's spoken for. Well maybe. Ask me again next week.

Manager: Strikers. 15-20 goals per season type strikers. Any of them ?

Vlad: Yes. Well that is I mean no. They're gone. All out of them. Sorry. If you'd only asked last season.

Manager: Well I wasn't here last flippin' season was I ? Anyway. A right back ? Got one of them I suppose ?

Vlad: Well not in so many words. Not what you'd call a right back exactly.

Manager: I was under the impression that this was a football club.

Vlad: Finest in Scotland sir.

etc etc

http://www.phespirit.info/montypython/cheese_shop.htm

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This ongoing farce is the latter day equivalent of the Monthy Python "Cheese shop" sketch,

Vlad: Yes. Well that is I mean no. They're gone. All out of them. Sorry. If you'd only asked last season.

Manager: Well I wasn't here last flippin' season was I ? Anyway. A right back ? Got one of them I suppose ?

etc etc

Brilliant

Yet, basically true :(

tolcross lad
no mention on clyde website thought they do cover news that JOHN Holloway is in line for Tynecastle hotseat. hopeless f...ers.

suspect this is from the oft-visited media file labelled 'likely to happen one day so lets just trot it on waht is otherwise a quiet news day and cause there's no other obvious news to report, its not like anyone amongst our local mafia will have a go at us for de-stabilising one of the provincial clubs'.

I am more paranoid than you.This is a wee comeback at Vlad following his recent efforts about the OF - a kind of "And dont you forget who are the big boys chum".

There will be no direct route for Wallace to go to Celtic given Vlads views and recent events.

Don't really think Lee Wallace is that good to be honest...

not a big miss IMO!

It is amazing how these people we sell on all of a sudden become very talented when at another club. It wouldnt hopefully reflect on some clown at Heart,s judgement would it. Or perhaps we are clearing the way for some more dross from Vlads stable. I notice how much of them has been sold on as after all everyone is after the talented, eastern block no names.

Hopefully its just rumours, but you always worry about the no smoke without fire thing in stories like this. I can't see why we'd even entertain the idea given we should have a new man in charge who needs to assess the squad himself.

Amazing how you manage on a Lee Wallace thread to change the subject to VR. And you think he's mental.

Who's sanctioning the sale though?

We're doomed!!

frazerDM1112_228x374.jpg

You've done that pic before.

Like your posting's, it's tired and trivial.

Not a great left back but would be an excellent central midfielder. I would be disappointed if he was sold.

Paisley Jambo

Don't really pay much attention to the RC station.

Hugh Keevins stated as fact three/four weeks ago the Icelandic chap would be manager and Terry Butcher as assistant.

Not yet happened so take the Wallace story with a pinch of salt.

We're doomed!!

[/img]

Back to the topic :)

Hypothetically how would you feel if we started pre-season games / the season without a recognised left back in the squad?

Seymour M Hersh
You just can't let anything lie - or take anything on board - can you?

Now you're resorting to name-calling too.

Care to tell me what my position is on Vlad, since you clearly feel you know it so well?

Just stick him on ignore. Works lovely jubbly for me!!;)

I'd be pretty happy if he left and we got Riorden or Killen.

He's a terrible defender and does not contribute enough to be a midfielder.

If they really want him, they would have to make the deal sweet enough so we could get a decent player in return.

I`d certainly like to see the big man at Tynecastle, as we are very short of forwards at the moment.

Also like Hearts to bleed them for a few ????`s as well .

Who's sanctioning the sale though?

No-one yet.

Nothings been announced, has it?

Source............Radio Clyde.

I'm sure Lee's penchant for firearms would make him immensely popular with the terrhorist lhoving filth that support ra sellik.

Pete Seeger

I'd like to see Lee getting a proper run in the side this year. I think he's got bags of potential. If he left i reckon it would come back to haunt us. Especially going to that mob.

carnockjambo

We knocked back ?600.000 from the Currant Buns in Jan. I would recon Vlad would want ?1 million now for Two gun tex.

Charlie-Brown

Nobody sold or signed yet as far as Iam aware but reports in an african newspaper today said Csaba was bringing his Ugandan assistant manager with him as well as 3 of the National team players 1 of which was David Obua who is a left back.

Drylaw Hearts
Nobody sold or signed yet as far as Iam aware but reports in an african newspaper today said Csaba was bringing his Ugandan assistant manager with him as well as 3 of the National team players 1 of which was David Obua who is a left back.

Won't there be WP issues with these players ?

Only a Game
Won't there be WP issues with these players ?

We wont get WP's for any of the three mentioned in the article.....End Of.

Charlie-Brown

Uganda is part of the British Commonwealth (ex-empire) so I'm not sure what their precise status is DH but we'll soon find out.

grumpyespana

Young Lee is a bit shakey at full back but has shown promise from midfield, I would keep him for another season unless his contract is about up.

Grumpy.

Francis Albert
It is amazing how these people we sell on all of a sudden become very talented when at another club.

For example? Bednar? OK. Apart from him ... not Hartley, Pressley, Webster, Skacel, Brellier ...

Only a Game
Uganda is part of the British Commonwealth (ex-empire) so I'm not sure what their precise status is DH but we'll soon find out.

Unless they have parents or grandparents born here, they require a work permit.

Charlie-Brown

A quick scan of google shows there are currently more than 60K Ugandan migrants living & working in the UK and they form the 7th largest ethnic group of Africans in the UK......all 3 players mentioned in the news article today are established international players so they must stand at least the same chance as Hibs Moroccan or Algerian players surely?

If wallace left he would go to rangers rather than celtic, but to be honest cant see him leavin. I think he is a decent player and worth keepin if he picks his game up a bit..

I dont think there any chance Riorden ever signin for hearts. He's a die hard hibby and hates hearts, so cant see it hapnin..

I think he'd be a good signin tho. He can score goals and thats some thing we need..

Peter Olivers Army

It. Is. A. Rumour.

Can all those on the soapbox please calm down.

If Radio Clyde told you Ronaldinho was about to sign for us, would you believe it?

Even if it does turn out true, how many on here ever rated him (or Goncalves for that matter).

He's a die hard hibby and hates hearts, so cant see it hapnin.

Thank God for that. I wouldn't want to see that disgusting scrote anywhere near a Hearts shirt.

JamboBannon10

I thought the work permits had something to do with the number of caps for the national team the player has, surely him being the manager he would kno if they were eligible

Only a Game
Thank God for that. I wouldn't want to see that disgusting scrote anywhere near a Hearts shirt.

I'd love it. If only for you the fact that and your 20 mates might exclude themselves from setting foot in Tynecastle whilst he's here (hopefully a ten year contract)

Only a Game
I thought the work permits had something to do with the number of caps for the national team the player has, surely him being the manager he would kno if they were eligible

Dont know how many caps they each have (they have to have played I think 2/3rds of the countries last internationals) but they also have to be for a country that is in the top 80 in the Fifa rankings.

Id like wallace to stay. Just a young lad, not given a decent run in the team last year due to playing that donkey Jose every week. Will improve as he is only 20, good going forward but needs help with his defensive side.

Guest JamboRobbo
Just stick him on ignore. Works lovely jubbly for me!!;)

I wish more people who have a problem with me or my opinion would follow suit, then I could post my opinion without having to defend my right to do so.

I'd love it. If only for you the fact that and your 20 mates might exclude themselves from setting foot in Tynecastle whilst he's here (hopefully a ten year contract)

Hearts would be a lot better off if they had more fans like us. Fact.

Only a Game
Hearts would be a lot better off if they had more fans like us. Fact.

We've already established that you're not quite the die hard fan you claim to be, having posted on here several times last season whilst Hearts games were being played (some even at home).Lets not go through it all again shall we.

I`d certainly like to see the big man at Tynecastle, as we are very short of forwards at the moment.

Also like Hearts to bleed them for a few ????`s as well .

No thanks, wouldn't want him anywhere near Tynecastle. How many games has he played in the last two seasons? And people thought Pinilla was bad.

Also think he's pretty gash.

Francis Albert
I wish more people who have a problem with me or my opinion would follow suit, then I could post my opinion without having to defend my right to do so.

If everyone ignores everyone whose opinion they have a problem with there isn't much point having a forum is there?

You can't seriously be saying your right to express your opinion is threatened or fettered in some way.

Hopefully its just rumours, but you always worry about the no smoke without fire thing in stories like this. I can't see why we'd even entertain the idea given we should have a new man in charge who needs to assess the squad himself.

We probably wouldnt entertain making these decisions but being as Romanov is the only one at Hearts who does make decisions, you can understand why they are now being made.The oly drawback with that exercise is if the decisions turn out wrong its the managers fault and he will be offski.

We've already established that you're not quite the die hard fan you claim to be

:wacko::dribble:

That may be true, but by any measure I'm more die hard than you. ;)

Miller Jambo 60

etc etc

Will he take his gun with him :)

Guest JamboRobbo
If everyone ignores everyone whose opinion they have a problem with there isn't much point having a forum is there?

I'd argue there would be plenty point. We'd have a forum for civilised debate, where differing opinions are treated with respect.

You can't seriously be saying your right to express your opinion is threatened or fettered in some way.

No, cause I'll say what I think no matter what. But rightly or wrongly I think anyone would want to defend themselves from the sort of comments made in my direction on this thread.

The opinion I gave was not all that controversial. And it's no fun for me to be defending myself from attacks all the time, and it clutters up the threads for everyone else.

Seems a simple solution for those who think I'm a broken record etc and can't help themselves from having a go. Stick me on ignore. Then I don't have to spend all day defending myself from stupid digs and nobody else has to trawl through it to get to the real debate.

Only a Game
:wacko::dribble:

That may be true, but by any measure I'm more die hard than you. ;)

I dont claim to be a die hard though, however, here's one measure.

I attended 3 out of our last 5 league games last season.

You attended none.

I dont have notes of your attendance record over the last 30 years for comparison with mine but if you have any other measures that prove your ridiculous assertion above, then lets hear them superfan.

I dont have notes of your attendance record over the last 30 years for comparison with mine but if you have any other measures that prove your ridiculous assertion above, then lets hear them superfan.

Member of both 500 Clubs

Shareholder

Player sponsor (2 seasons)

Season ticket holder for over 20 years. This is despite the fact that due to business commitments it would be cheaper for me to pay at the gate.

Contributed ?2000 to SoH

I could go on, but I trust this clarifies matters. :)

Miller Jambo 60
Is it a day ending in Y?? :)

JR your opinions mate and, you are like me one true dyed in the wool jambo.

Few planks dont like me on this site but im big enough to take it.

reach that 20000 friend.:107years::107years:

Archived