Valdas and Novikovas

andythejambo

Watching Northern Ireland v Lithuania on TV. Valdas Ivanauakas is manager and Arvydas Novikovas is in midfield. A couple of Vlad blasts from the past.

Edited by andythejambo
Typo

• andythejambo changed the title to Valdas and Novikovas
Never Let Them Forget
3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I love wee Novi. Cracking player for us

His nutmeg of Murray and cross for KK winner was sheer class. Hope he enjoyed his Chinese after that game….

33 minutes ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

His nutmeg of Murray and cross for KK winner was sheer class. Hope he enjoyed his Chinese after that game….

Proper 1st January new year's derby and it was an early kick off. Jumping around celebrating and I was a bit worse for wear 🤣

Nearly vomited in the row in front.

Absolute scenes though ❤️🎉

30 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Valdas seemed a thoroughly decent guy.

I always thought so.  Having Vlad as your boss can't have been easy but he gave his absolute best for us.

Remember an interview when he said that he had no real appreciation of how important the Scottish Cup was until the bus arrived at Hampden on 2nd April 2006.  He was stunned at the reception.

6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I always thought so.  Having Vlad as your boss can't have been easy but he gave his absolute best for us.

Remember an interview when he said that he had no real appreciation of how important the Scottish Cup was until the bus arrived at Hampden on 2nd April 2006.  He was stunned at the reception.

what happened that day ? I forget :olly::glorious:

Valdas appeared to be a good HC and a great bloke. 

Pity Romanov made the job untenable for him. 

Scottish Cup winner 🏆

Only 4 of those HC's in the last Century.

Edited by martoon

I met Valdas and wee Miko on a plane once, they were both pleasant chaps and let my wife use the toilet ahead of them.

Good guys in my book.

7 minutes ago, indianajones said:

That cross for Kyle at the back post. 

american-psycho-patrick-bateman.gif

Just watched it and it was a good as I remember was a beautiful cross after skinning who ever was the full back for Hibs. 

Jim Jefferes reaction is brilliant as well. He thought Kyle had missed initially before then going absolutely mental 😂

Edited by AlimOzturk

30 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Proper 1st January new year's derby and it was an early kick off. Jumping around celebrating and I was a bit worse for wear 🤣

Nearly vomited in the row in front.

Absolute scenes though ❤️🎉

I was absolutely ****ed that day. I got in at 7am from a mad night out where I had to be carried home by my flatmates, passed out on the couch and managed to surface just after 11 in a total panic - I lived on Easter Road at the time (I know... I know...) and I was never making it in time! 

Necked a can of Strongbow for "breakfast" still absolutely blootered from the night before, grabbed my ticket, threw my scarf and top on and legged it up the road. Ran to Princes Street and managed to get a taxi along the road to Gorgie.  Must have cost me £20 for a 5 minute drive, but I got to the stadium at 11:55.  I sprinted into the  stadium, sweating like ****... Only to find out it was a 12:30 kick off and the place was practically empty :lol:

I don't remember any of the game other than the Kyle header.  I usually sit at the back of Section G, and ended up somewhere near the concourse. Every single person around me was in the same sort of state, a limbo between pished as **** and hungover to hell.

Had a good few beers in celebration, and it's still the only time I have been drunk for about 48 continuous hours :lol:

What a day. 

If the timing is off on that, I'm fairly sure it was a 12:30 kick off, but I was in no state to be sure :lol:

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

How tf is Novikovas only 30 :wtf:

Seems like he has been around for ever. 

Seriously? Thought he would've been older myself. 

Valdas win ratio is up there with our best. Albeit, he wasnt manager long time.

Cup winning legend as far as i'm concerned. 

I felt really sorry for him. I genuinely would like to see him back at half-time at Tynecastle.

That man has a bit of my heart.

👍

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

I was absolutely ****ed that day. I got in at 7am from a mad night out where I had to be carried home by my flatmates, passed out on the couch and managed to surface just after 11 in a total panic - I lived on Easter Road at the time (I know... I know...) and I was never making it in time! 

Necked a can of Strongbow for "breakfast" still absolutely blootered from the night before, grabbed my ticket, threw my scarf and top on and legged it up the road. Ran to Princes Street and managed to get a taxi along the road to Gorgie.  Must have cost me £20 for a 5 minute drive, but I got to the stadium at 11:55.  I sprinted into the  stadium, sweating like ****... Only to find out it was a 12:30 kick off and the place was practically empty :lol:

I don't remember any of the game other than the Kyle header.  I usually sit at the back of Section G, and ended up somewhere near the concourse. Every single person around me was in the same sort of state, a limbo between pished as **** and hungover to hell.

Had a good few beers in celebration, and it's still the only time I have been drunk for about 48 continuous hours :lol:

What a day. 

Excellent 🤣

Story that always sticks with me about Valdas Ivanauskas is him having to excuse himself from the dressing room and then blootering the main stand about some frustrating result at Tynecastle.

Even if he didn't get Hearts he knew what it meant.

Novi was a great wee player.

Edited by Darren

11 hours ago, iantjambo said:

I love wee Novi. Cracking player for us

We had some good Lithuanian players and some really poor.Miko , Velicka and Zal ( he would go further and become a legend ) the standouts but guys like Novi had their wee moments as well

On 12/11/2021 at 21:19, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Valdas seemed a thoroughly decent guy.

He was always stressed always looked on edge. No wonder with Vlad above him in the stand. 

I remember at the start of the Burley season Valdas would take the warm up and someone leathered the ball in the Gorgie Rd 6 yard box cracked him on the face 😂 never looked impressed was right down the tunnel after it. Crazy how he ended up manager at the end and won the cup.