Jump to content

John souttar


William H. Bonney

Recommended Posts

Rogue Daddy

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/john-souttar-hearts-boss-robbie-neilson-says-it-would-take-huge-bid-for-january-move-amidst-celtic-and-rangers-link-3471500

John Souttar: Hearts boss Robbie Neilson says it would take 'huge bid' for January move amidst Celtic and Rangers link
Hearts won't sell John Souttar in January unless they receive a “huge bid”.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Smith's right boot

    146

  • kingantti1874

    53

  • Bongo 1874

    50

  • Pasquale for King

    39

Robbies Tackle
2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/john-souttar-hearts-boss-robbie-neilson-says-it-would-take-huge-bid-for-january-move-amidst-celtic-and-rangers-link-3471500

John Souttar: Hearts boss Robbie Neilson says it would take 'huge bid' for January move amidst Celtic and Rangers link
Hearts won't sell John Souttar in January unless they receive a “huge bid”.

They shouldn’t even be talking about bids. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
gnasher75

This is good from Robbie.  Regardless of what the club is really thinking the message is clear:

 

We still want Souttar to sign a new contract. Either way we will keep him til the summer at least so there's no point making a derisory offer in January.

 

Subtext: if you really want him - and lots of clubs are interested - you need to offer us big money in January and we will consider it.

 

For me that's the best we can do. Souttar here for the season or at least £2m for him in January. I am happy either way as long as he doesn't go to Glasgow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/john-souttar-hearts-boss-robbie-neilson-says-it-would-take-huge-bid-for-january-move-amidst-celtic-and-rangers-link-3471500

John Souttar: Hearts boss Robbie Neilson says it would take 'huge bid' for January move amidst Celtic and Rangers link
Hearts won't sell John Souttar in January unless they receive a “huge bid”.

The “owner” has been talking to him, she’s not that anymore and allegedly doesn’t have anything to do with the day to day running of the club 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?!?!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A decent showing in Europe next year is worth 5m? I keep reading the group stages are worth 5m but to be honest I dont know or understand the new Euro setup.

Whatever it is worth, if Souttar helps us up the league it could be worth more to us than selling a long contracted and fully fit Souttar would be worth

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

 

 

He is our best defender by a country mile and if we get a 6 figure sum then it will be good business but if he goes for **** all it will be a financial **** up.  As a team we will not achieve anymore with or without him unfortunately.

 

 

You should just give up following Hearts fro your own mental health if you think like that

 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

If you are a winning club, which we sadly are not then anyone who played 100+ times and cost little money would be seen as a great success.   

 

It's relative, we are a wining club compared to many. Not so to others.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
30 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The “owner” has been talking to him, she’s not that anymore and allegedly doesn’t have anything to do with the day to day running of the club 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?!?!

 

 

 

How dare she try and help and keep our best players.

The nerve!

 

:seething:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
50 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

This is good from Robbie.  Regardless of what the club is really thinking the message is clear:

 

We still want Souttar to sign a new contract. Either way we will keep him til the summer at least so there's no point making a derisory offer in January.

 

Subtext: if you really want him - and lots of clubs are interested - you need to offer us big money in January and we will consider it.

 

For me that's the best we can do. Souttar here for the season or at least £2m for him in January. I am happy either way as long as he doesn't go to Glasgow.

 

 

I'd say any £1m + figure is huge given the situation.

I still think we'll take anything over £500k.

 

Stoke who have his brother out long term injured are the club that may be prepared to put in a decent bid and match most personal terms from other potential buyers.

 

There is still clearly hope he'll sign tho.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Agentjambo
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

How dare she try and help and keep our best players.

The nerve!

 

:seething:

 

She isn’t the owner!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Agentjambo
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

:seething:

It’s a fact…just glad to see that Robbie is keeping up to date with what’s happening at the club.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

It’s a fact…just glad to see that Robbie is keeping up to date with what’s happening at the club.

 

I'm glad your glad and not

:seething:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Agentjambo
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

 

I'm glad your glad and not

:seething:

 

 

Just thought he’d know about the fan owned club.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Just thought he’d know about the fan owned club.

 

He probably does.

I doubt it escaped him.

I'm glad your glad tho.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Agentjambo
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

He probably does.

I doubt it escaped him.

I'm glad your glad tho.

Cheers#Bobsnumberonefanboy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
25 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Still referring to Budge as “the owner”.

He meant me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Malinga the Swinga

Seriously, club are trying to keep us up to date with news, and instead, we get people nitpicking over someone being addressed as 'owner'.

In the grand schemes of things, it doesn't ****ing matter?

We know who owners are and Robbie will know who owners are.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

 

 

It's relative, we are a wining club compared to many. Not so to others.

 

 

 

 

 

We are not a winning club.  Taking the top flight since 2014/2015 here is how we compare (up to 25/11/2021):

 

  Games Played Games Won Win %
Celtic 271 196 72.32
Rangers 184 125 67.93
Aberdeen 272 152 55.88
Hibs 156 63 40.38
St Johnstone 270 98 36.30
Inverness 114 40 35.09
Motherwell 272 95 34.93
Dundee United 128 42 32.81
Kilmarnock 258 83 32.17
Hearts 196 61 31.12
Livingston 119 36 30.25
Partick 152 42 27.63
Ross County 233 63 27.04
Hamilton 258 64 24.81
Dundee   203 50 24.63
St mirren 158 38 24.05

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Ah…that’s ok then.

If Robbie did actually say it it would be a slip of the tongue, one imagines. I’m sure he won’t say it again. 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
Just now, i8hibsh said:

 

We are not a winning club.  Taking the top flight since 2014/2015 here is how we compare (up to 25/11/2021):

 

  Games Played Games Won Win %
Celtic 271 196 72.32
Rangers 184 125 67.93
Aberdeen 272 152 55.88
Hibs 156 63 40.38
St Johnstone 270 98 36.30
Inverness 114 40 35.09
Motherwell 272 95 34.93
Dundee United 128 42 32.81
Kilmarnock 258 83 32.17
Hearts 196 61 31.12
Livingston 119 36 30.25
Partick 152 42 27.63
Ross County 233 63 27.04
Hamilton 258 64 24.81
Dundee   203 50 24.63
St mirren 158 38 24.05

 

You been busy at work today? 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
TypoonJambo
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If Robbie did actually say it it would be a slip of the tongue, one imagines. I’m sure he won’t say it again. 😄

For clarity,if he spoke to any of owners, it wissnae me. I realise that doesn't help much as there's thousands of us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Japan Jambo
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Another terrible signing in my eyes.  He is going to go for **** all and for the past 6 years we have paid his wages when half of the time he was injured.

 

It is not that I don't think he is not good as I feel he is a real talent but we simply, as per ususal never got a good return on our investment.

 

He was usually on good form when he played but as a team it never got us anywhere.  We have achieved **** all in the entire time he has been here.

 

Understand the point you are making but to be fair to the lad he was injured at work - it's not as if he was pished and jumped of a bridge into a river or anything like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You been busy at work today? 😄

 

 

That is why I earn the big bucks

 

:gok:

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

And sent to umpteen different injury specialists all over the place. 

Insurance pays for that - doesn’t it?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You been busy at work today? 😄

 

 

It was the 4 wins out of 30 in the covid year that has really ****ed up our stats.  What a truly unforgivable season that was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

 

 

It was the 4 wins out of 30 in the covid year that has really ****ed up our stats.  What a truly unforgivable season that was.

The worst in 40 years I imagine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
15 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

For clarity,if he spoke to any of owners, it wissnae me. I realise that doesn't help much as there's thousands of us.

Quite. 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
27 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

 

We are not a winning club.  Taking the top flight since 2014/2015 here is how we compare (up to 25/11/2021):

 

  Games Played Games Won Win %
Celtic 271 196 72.32
Rangers 184 125 67.93
Aberdeen 272 152 55.88
Hibs 156 63 40.38
St Johnstone 270 98 36.30
Inverness 114 40 35.09
Motherwell 272 95 34.93
Dundee United 128 42 32.81
Kilmarnock 258 83 32.17
Hearts 196 61 31.12
Livingston 119 36 30.25
Partick 152 42 27.63
Ross County 233 63 27.04
Hamilton 258 64 24.81
Dundee   203 50 24.63
St mirren 158 38 24.05

 

 

As I said, compared to others- yes, not so much to some.

 

You've also missed out the 2 championship winning seasons, stick them in as well.

You just can't discount them because it suits your agenda/ point, whatever that is you are trying to make.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

As I said, compared to others- yes, not so much to some.

 

You've also missed out the 2 championship winning seasons, stick them in as well.

You just can't discount them because it suits your agenda/ point, whatever that is you are trying to make.

 

 

 

 

 

Aye, so we will compare our games v Arbroath to others in the top flight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1874s_Kin
32 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

 

Understand the point you are making but to be fair to the lad he was injured at work - it's not as if he was pished and jumped of a bridge into a river or anything like that.

 

 I see what you did there...!  😆

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

As I said, compared to others- yes, not so much to some.

 

You've also missed out the 2 championship winning seasons, stick them in as well.

You just can't discount them because it suits your agenda/ point, whatever that is you are trying to make.

 

 

 


How can you include Championship games in a “top flight” comparison?!

 

Play the post not the poster!

Link to post
Share on other sites
HillmanHearts
47 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

 

We are not a winning club.  Taking the top flight since 2014/2015 here is how we compare (up to 25/11/2021):

 

  Games Played Games Won Win %
Celtic 271 196 72.32
Rangers 184 125 67.93
Aberdeen 272 152 55.88
Hibs 156 63 40.38
St Johnstone 270 98 36.30
Inverness 114 40 35.09
Motherwell 272 95 34.93
Dundee United 128 42 32.81
Kilmarnock 258 83 32.17
Hearts 196 61 31.12
Livingston 119 36 30.25
Partick 152 42 27.63
Ross County 233 63 27.04
Hamilton 258 64 24.81
Dundee   203 50 24.63
St mirren 158 38 24.05

 

The saying may go : “Lies, damned lies and statistics.”

But a pretty shocking set of stats none the less !

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HillmanHearts said:

The saying may go : “Lies, damned lies and statistics.”

But a pretty shocking set of stats none the less !

 

 

Off the top of my head there are 6 different clubs to have won silverware in this time also.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are 42.85% for this season which is certainly an improvement but it is still poor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We are 42.85% for this season which is certainly an improvement but it is still poor.

 

Imagine you were born in Glasgow and you could just support a 'winning team' either side of the city without having to put yourself through the torture of supporting Hearts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
SuperstarSteve
17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We are 42.85% for this season which is certainly an improvement but it is still poor.

Think Robbie is sitting at 59% in each of his terms as manager. Quite a decent win ratio granted 2 seasons have been championship football. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Think Robbie is sitting at 59% in each of his terms as manager. Quite a decent win ratio granted 2 seasons have been championship football. 

 

 

He will be about 40% in the top flight I reckon.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

 

We are not a winning club.  Taking the top flight since 2014/2015 here is how we compare (up to 25/11/2021):

 

  Games Played Games Won Win %
Celtic 271 196 72.32
Rangers 184 125 67.93
Aberdeen 272 152 55.88
Hibs 156 63 40.38
St Johnstone 270 98 36.30
Inverness 114 40 35.09
Motherwell 272 95 34.93
Dundee United 128 42 32.81
Kilmarnock 258 83 32.17
Hearts 196 61 31.12
Livingston 119 36 30.25
Partick 152 42 27.63
Ross County 233 63 27.04
Hamilton 258 64 24.81
Dundee   203 50 24.63
St mirren 158 38 24.05

 

That's because we've been a fecking omnishambles. 🤣 Hopefully the next 6 years will be different. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
44 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:


How can you include Championship games in a “top flight” comparison?!

 

Play the post not the poster!

 

Because we can't win games v top flight clubs when we are demoted and Souttar was a player for us in the championship. 

 

And as I said compared to some  clubs, but not others. 

 

Tbh I don't even know what his point is anymore. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Led Tasso
11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

 

 

He will be about 40% in the top flight I reckon.  

 

 

London Hearts is a few weeks out of date but his stats say 48% top flight. (That'll be down a point or a point and a half given our recent run of form.)

 

His overall win % remains the highest of any manager with more than 12 games in our history.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
44 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:


How can you include Championship games in a “top flight” comparison?!

 

Play the post not the poster!

 

Because we can't win games v top flight clubs when we are demoted and Souttar was a player for us in the championship. 

 

And as I said compared to some  clubs, but not others. 

 

Tbh I don't even know what his point is anymore. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

London Hearts is a few weeks out of date but his stats say 48% top flight. (That'll be down a point or a point and a half given our recent run of form.)

 

His overall win % remains the highest of any manager with more than 12 games in our history.

Needs to do better. 😵💫

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

 

 

Aye, so we will compare our games v Arbroath to others in the top flight.

 

 

When talking about Hearts I'd include all games. 

They did happen. 

We did get relegated and demoted and played these teams. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
25 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That's because we've been a fecking omnishambles. 🤣 Hopefully the next 6 years will be different. 

 

 

😂😂

 

In different... 😳

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

When talking about Hearts I'd include all games. 

They did happen. 

We did get relegated and demoted and played these teams. 

 

 

So did quite a few teams in that list.  What you are suggesting is utterly ridiculous.  You are saying Kelty Hearts win rate should be compared to that of Celtics?

 

This is top flight only and even has a win ratio so doesn't even matter about the number of wins - just number of wins to games played.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Here’s the dilemma… would you rather we got a few £s from the OF in January, or he leaves for a free, down south, in the summer?

Got to say, I would prefer the latter. At least he would be with us in our push for Europe.

I would only be bitter towards the lad if he went to the uglies… and if he signs a pre-contract for either of them in January, he shouldn’t kick another ball for us. Petty, I know. But if he wants to go to England or abroad, good luck to the boy. 


I’d rather he went down south in January for a reasonable fee and managed to include a sell-on clause in the deal.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...