Warnock leaves Middlesbrough

Maroon Sailor

Strange one. He was on BBC Breakfast earlier in the week talking about the number of games he's clocked up as a manager and how he still had the desire to manage. Decent result today as well.

Glamorgan Jambo

Can’t stand the guy. Was bragging earlier this week about how he’d left all clubs he managed in a better state when he left than when he arrived. Absolute nonsense.

Palace regressed under him and they nearly went under permanently and his signing of old mates and relationship with Willie McKay left Cardiff well and truly in the mire. He’s so far up his own back side his face will soon appear between his ridiculous teeth.

And don’t expect the inquest on the Sala plane crash to paint him in a decent light.

Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Can’t stand the guy. Was bragging earlier this week about how he’d left all clubs he managed in a better state when he left than when he arrived. Absolute nonsense.

Palace regressed under him and they nearly went under permanently and his signing of old mates and relationship with Willie McKay left Cardiff well and truly in the mire. He’s so far up his own back side his face will soon appear between his ridiculous teeth.

And don’t expect the inquest on the Sala plane crash to paint him in a decent light.

There must be a reason he's never had a really top job and why he doesn't stay too long at an club.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

It is a complete disgrace that guys like Uchi can go to Wycombe for an undisclosed fee (usually peanuts) and then be sold to Boro for £1m. Doncaster and the rest of the blazers who claim to control Scottish football should hang their heads in shame, not that they give a ***.  About time the fans held these clowns to account.  Barry Hearn was itching to get involved till they closed ranks on him.

The timing maybe a surprise to some, but I think he has taken Middlesbrough as far as he can. Very inconsistent especially at home. The new coach will have to stabilize the squad and prepare for next season as they are no where good enough for promotion. Also they could have games against Sunderland and Newcastle in the championship next season. 

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, asomerville said:

The timing maybe a surprise to some, but I think he has taken Middlesbrough as far as he can. Very inconsistent especially at home. The new coach will have to stabilize the squad and prepare for next season as they are no where good enough for promotion. Also they could have games against Sunderland and Newcastle in the championship next season. 

Have you seen Sunderland's results recently  - they are not happy with their manager either !

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Chris Wilder has been appointed as new Manager of Middlesbrough. 
I guess this was all planned by the club. 

Hopefully another one of the dinosaurs from the English managerial merry-go-round mob will finally be sent to ground for oil. A quick appointment by Middlesbrough, obviously been set up in the background whilst Warnock stuttered about. 

Maroon Sailor
39 minutes ago, asomerville said:

It was 2 or 3 weeks in the making apparently.

I always found him quite funny and like the clips of him calling out players etc..

He's definitely not suitable for the modern game, but to have managed over one thousand games is incredible and a figure not many will make.

51 minutes ago, asomerville said:

I thought he may have got the Norwich  job.

• 1 year later...
wheatfieldtosheffield
14 hours ago, Marvin said:

Didn't Vlad try to sign him during our manager merry go round?

There was a report that Mrs Warnock liked the shopping on Princes Street

Malinga the Swinga
15 hours ago, JJ93 said:

Why don't people like him?

From his interviews I've heard, he sounds okay. Guess it's just fashionable to hate old guy because he's old fashioned 

56 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

From his interviews I've heard, he sounds okay. Guess it's just fashionable to hate old guy because he's old fashioned 

Is he hated?

Pasquale for King
17 hours ago, JJ93 said:

Hes an arsehole, things like this don’t help. 
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7861667/nuno-espirito-santo-neil-warnock-wolves-cardiff-premier-league/amp/

https://m.allfootballapp.com/news/EPL/Cardiff-distance-themselves-from-manager-Neil-Warnocks-pro-Brexit-rant/983357

Edited by Pasquale for King
Link

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Generally I prefer it when sportspeople stay out of politics but I have to agree with him on the second point and query why people think he is a dick if he has a different view than them on something like that. 

20 hours ago, JJ93 said:

I remember reading his book a few years back and you'd have thought he'd never made a mistake in his life.  Every defeat was the ref/linesman's etc etc fault. I know managers deflect when they lose, but he was on another level.