Rugby union autumn internationals.

Tazio

All being shown on Amazon Prime. Scotland currently playing against Tonga with a few new faces in the team.  Christ knows what Tongan mothers feed their children, some absolute units in their team that love the big tackle. 

Thought it was a decent enough game on a “you can only play what’s in front of you basis” everyone contributed.

can we ditch the Mexican wave shite please and the late to your seat mob would have been having a seizure 

Captain Sausage

Good performance but Tonga we’re honking. Absolutely dreadful. 

The big boys from England and France arrive in time for Australia - should be a very even match. 

rudi must stay

Was there yesterday. Scotland kept the egg to the wings, I believe you're more likely to score tries that way. And this is after years of scrutinising the rugby 

I P Knightley

Just caught up on the Wales game. Beauden Barrett very fortunate to stay on the field. I suspect he's a protected species; couldn't be done to card him on his 100th cap with his silver boots. 

Just watching our highlights. What is it with these cheating Southsea Islanders? Trying big hits all the time and out of control, horrible rugby! Don't mind aggression but these guys are idiots!

6 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Just caught up on the Wales game. Beauden Barrett very fortunate to stay on the field. I suspect he's a protected species; couldn't be done to card him on his 100th cap with his silver boots. 

Didn't think it was a card

Tried to grab ball. Wales commentators greeting was good though.

Ooooft! 
Taffs attacking up the line looking good for a try and and idiot runs on the pitch chased by two stewards and potentially distracts the winger. 
Didn’t look like a protestor just an arsehole. And the cameras beamed his face out on the broadcast as he was being led off. I wouldn’t be showing my face in any pubs anytime soon if I was him as the fans were, rightly, furious. 

Captain Sausage

Was at Twickenham this afternoon. Surprised at how meh such a strong England team was. 

Tonga are absolutely honking, reckon Samoa will be taking their spot on next years autumn internationals. 

Seymour M Hersh
On 31/10/2021 at 11:22, DETTY29 said:

🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇿🇦 🇿🇦 🇿🇦 🇿🇦 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇦🇺 🇿🇦 🇿🇦

Is this part of your school project? :lol:

I P Knightley

I'm going to sound like I'm obsessing but does anyone know what's going on with the New Zealand boots?

For years, the entire squad has played with plain black boots. Now, they've got almost everyone in identical yellow and pink Adidas numbers except for Beauden Barrett last week (which I took to be to mark his centenary of caps) and yesterday the fly-half and full-back were the odd ones out.

It's going to annoy me if I don't find out.

Are Scotland the worst team in the world at playing with an extra man? Gone from 7-0 to 7-10 while the Aussies have a man in the sin bin!!

Malinga the Swinga

Always good to get a win in these tight scrappy games. We battled hard, pack got stuck in and we took our chances well 

We used to lose these games regularly, and winning them is top habit to get into.

Next week the SA team will present different challenge. There are some big boys in that team and will take huge effort to win, but confidence seems to be high.

Will be opportunity to show how Mish and others play against them without Gatland slowing them down.

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

2 points eh. A handsome win 

Agreed.  

Akin to the football team handsomly beating an understrength  Italy or France 1-0 in  a friendly :thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

I thought that was an excellent game yesterday for the purist, it was very intriguing and both defences were absolutely superb, I really enjoyed the game and it's good to see Scotland are now a major force to be reckoned with again, it's about time! 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I thought that was an excellent game yesterday for the purist, it was very intriguing and both defences were absolutely superb, I really enjoyed the game and it's good to see Scotland are now a major force to be reckoned with again, it's about time! 

While the 53-24 game was brilliant to watch; I think I enjoyed this one as much. Two very evenly matched sides and knowing that one of them is currently ranked 3rd in the world and on a 5 game winning run (including 2 against the world champions) suggested that it was a lot more meaningful.

The Old Tolbooth
3 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

While the 53-24 game was brilliant to watch; I think I enjoyed this one as much. Two very evenly matched sides and knowing that one of them is currently ranked 3rd in the world and on a 5 game winning run (including 2 against the world champions) suggested that it was a lot more meaningful.

Exactly mate, the satisfaction of winning this one was immense, I wouldn't be surprised if Australia won at Twickenham next weekend as well, which would really cement our result even further, bring on the Springboks! 

I P Knightley
4 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

While this was a great win, that thumping in 2017 was the best international game I’ve been to. 

33-6 v England at Murrayfield in 1986 for me; followed by 38 all.

Captain Sausage
2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

33-6 v England at Murrayfield in 1986 for me; followed by 38 all.

Was in a pub in Clapham in 2018. Was begging my pals to leave at halftime. On the bar cheering at 79 minutes.

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

Was in a pub in Clapham in 2018. Was begging my pals to leave at halftime. On the bar cheering at 79 minutes.

I was behind the posts where England were scoring their tries in the first half. Was thoroughly pissed off when Stuart McInally's "consolation" try went in at the far end. My mood lightened a little in the second half as all those tries came towards me!

Heading to Murrayfield on Saturday for my first ever full Scotland Test Match. Might have to read up on the laws/rules as I got confused at times on Saturday. The 50/22 was a totally new one on me.

12 minutes ago, JWL said:

Heading to Murrayfield on Saturday for my first ever full Scotland Test Match. Might have to read up on the laws/rules as I got confused at times on Saturday. The 50/22 was a totally new one on me.

It’s a new one this season 

21 minutes ago, JWL said:

Remember - entry to BT Murrayfield requires vaccine passport, and at least one item of Barbour gear .

2 minutes ago, felix said:

Remember - entry to BT Murrayfield requires vaccine passport, and at least one item of Barbour gear .

That's me goosed then, got the passport but all out of Barbour gear.

1 hour ago, JWL said:

Definitely goosed, I've heard they are only doing random checks on the vaccine passports and even letting some folk in without one but the Barbour thing is strictly enforced.

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, JWL said:

1 hour ago, felix said:

I knew the 50/22 one and I think I understand the drop out from the try line one but this Barbour gear one is new on me. Does that mean they've done away with the brogues and red (or mustard) corduroy allowance?

I know it's still pandemic times and we all have to be careful with one another but that seems to me to be a step too far.

33 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I knew the 50/22 one and I think I understand the drop out from the try line one but this Barbour gear one is new on me. Does that mean they've done away with the brogues and red (or mustard) corduroy allowance?

I know it's still pandemic times and we all have to be careful with one another but that seems to me to be a step too far.

I think there's a trade off allowance,  where if can't show genuine Barbour; tweed cap + brown brogues gets you the necessary entry credit. Only if worn together iirc. 

There's a new fast track Dubarry gate.  One item of their kit admits two !  The rules changed on red/mustard cords a while back, but tbh - can't keep up with how the game's changing.

Edited by felix

I P Knightley
10 minutes ago, felix said:

I think there's a trade off allowance,  where if can't show genuine Barbour; tweed cap + brown brogues gets you the necessary entry credit. Only if worn together iirc. 

There's a new fast track Dubarry gate.  One item of their kit admits two !  The rules changed on red/mustard cords a while back, but tbh - can't keep up with how the game's changing.

Sheesh!!

Next you'll be telling me that eye-gouging and games of 'soggy biscuit' are going to be frowned upon.

3 hours ago, JWL said:

Seriously for a minute, no handbags, if that's your thing