Jimmy (Hamish) Anderson

Mark_Mywords

It is with regret and sadness that my Dad, Jimmy Anderson, also known as Hamish died on the 12th October 2021.  You will know him as@Coburg Hearts on Kickback.

He has been a Heart of Midlothian fanatic all his life, supporting the club via club shares, Hearts 500 club and of course, the Foundation of Hearts.  He was also a proud season ticket holder and loved attending games with his life long friend, John.

His funeral was held on the 26th October.  His Eulogy was superbly written and read by his friend, Jim Maclean.

I wasn't going to post his passing on Kickback, but I found out today that he knew a few posters on here, so thought I'd share.

Goodbye for now Dad.

8th July 1943  -  12th October 2021

Kalamazoo Jambo

I’m very sorry for your loss.

While I didn’t know your Dad personally I very much enjoyed his posts on here over the years and he will be missed.

33 minutes ago, Mark_Mywords said:

It is with regret and sadness that my Dad, Jimmy Anderson, also known as Hamish died on the 12th October 2021.  You will know him as@Coburg Hearts on Kickback.

He has been a Heart of Midlothian fanatic all his life, supporting the club via club shares, Hearts 500 club and of course, the Foundation of Hearts.  He was also a proud season ticket holder and loved attending games with his life long friend, John.

His funeral was held on the 26th October.  His Eulogy was superbly written and read by his friend, Jim Maclean.

I wasn't going to post his passing on Kickback, but I found out today that he knew a few posters on here, so thought I'd share.

Goodbye for now Dad.

Sorry for your loss. I certainly remember his posts. 

I’ve taken the liberty of moving this to the Terrace where most of his posts were made. 

I'm very sorry to hear that, my condolences to you and your family at this difficult time. Very familiar poster on here and clearly a great Jambo.

Rest in peace Jimmy, hope we can get a win for you tomorrow. 

Thanks for letting us know about this sad news I remember reading his posts and he was clearly a great Jambo As previously mentioned a win tonight would be a fitting tribute.

Best Wishes to you and all his family

7 hours ago, Mark_Mywords said:

Goodbye for now Dad.

Mark did you dad  live in  Drylaw Gardens when he was a boy?

Very sorry to hear this mate. I'd PM'd your Dad a few times as he was pals with my Grandad. Had a few wee chats and seemed a lovely man, but don't think we'd ever actually met.

Condolences to you and the family. RIP Jimmy.

The Old Tolbooth
9 hours ago, Mark_Mywords said:

Goodbye for now Dad.

I'm so sorry to hear this mate, thoughts are very much with you and your family just now. 

RIP Jimmy 😢

Very sorry for your loss. 

Your dad was indeed a good poster on here for many years. May he RIP.

Condolences to you Mark and all your family and friends.

Hope the team can give him the three points tonight that he would have dearly loved.

11 hours ago, Mark_Mywords said:

I wasn't going to post his passing on Kickback, but I found out today thwit  at he knew a few posters on here, so thought I'd share.

Goodbye for now Dad.

Jimmy (Hamish) was my lifelong best pal,I can't remember a time when he wasn't my pal we were brought up in Montgomery street off Leith Walk and became Hearts fans at a very early age and witnessed some great victories all the league cup wins of the fifties ( I missed the 1962 win due  to being at sea in the MN ) but Jimmy was there, the famous win in the final in 1956 and being league champions twice the  scottish cup finals of 1998, 2006. and of course the 2012 hammering of Hibs will never be forgotten we attended 9 scottish cup finals and watched the last one together on the TV cherio Hamish my best pal   

Sorry for your loss, mate. 
The comments and memories shared here indicate the high regard in which your Dad was held. That’s something to value and hold on to.

Goldstone Wonder
15 minutes ago, oilrig jambo said:

Jimmy (Hamish) was my lifelong best pal,I can't remember a time when he wasn't my pal we were brought up in Montgomery street off Leith Walk and became Hearts fans at a very early age and witnessed some great victories all the league cup wins of the fifties ( I missed the 1962 win due  to being at sea in the MN ) but Jimmy was there, the famous win in the final in 1956 and being league champions twice the  scottish cup finals of 1998, 2006. and of course the 2012 hammering of Hibs will never be forgotten we attended 9 scottish cup finals and watched the last one together on the TV cherio Hamish my best pal   

What a lovely post. Two Jambos growing up in the shadow of Easter Road. I have enjoyed your pal's contributions on here over the years. 

My condolences to you and his son Mark. 

Sorry to hear about your dad. I read many of his posts over the years.

1 hour ago, oilrig jambo said:

Condolences my friend, 10 Scottish cup finals together is amazing though, and growing up a stones throw from easter road. Thanks for sharing, thats a great wee story.

I’m very rarely on here nowadays, but really sorry to hear this.  Used to have the odd interaction Hearts related with Jimmy now and again on twitter.  I enjoyed his posts and I think we were probably on the same wavelength politically! 

Rest in peace Jimmy (Hamish)