Today’s ref

Diadora Van Basten

Diadora Van Basten

Thought he was very lenient to Dundee and very strict on us.

In particular his unwillingness to book Dundee players after he played advantage was annoying. 

Think he let Woodburn off the hook with a yellow after using an elbow. But yes i agree i can think of twice where scumdee players escaped after the ref had played advantage 

10 minutes ago, jdl2002 said:

Think he let Woodburn off the hook with a yellow after using an elbow. 

We should have had a foul in that incident. Blatant push right infront of the arsehole assistant.

It's hard to keep up. 

Other players even accidentally kicking an opponent in the head have been sent off. 

Seems keepers diving on ground are fair game. 

Very young I learnt about a goalkeeper that was sadly killed when that happened. 

Diadora Van Basten
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

It's hard to keep up. 

Other players even accidentally kicking an opponent in the head have been sent off. 

Seems keepers diving on ground are fair game. 

Very young I learnt about a goalkeeper that was sadly killed when that happened. 

That’s what I thought if it was accidental it should have been a yellow and if it was deliberate it should have been a red.

18 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Thought he was very lenient to Dundee and very strict on us.

In particular his unwillingness to book Dundee players after he played advantage was annoying. 

He let Adam kick Beni in the first 5 minutes! 🤬

1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

That’s what I thought if it was accidental it should have been a yellow and if it was deliberate it should have been a red.

Hope the wee fud throwing a can at Gordon got found and arrested.

Diadora Van Basten
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

He let Adam kick Beni in the first 5 minutes! 🤬

Pretty much what happened the last time we played Dundee as well with Naismith. 

The attempt by Adam to clean out Cochrane went unpunished as well.

Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

Pretty much what happened the last time we played Dundee as well with Naismith. 

The attempt by Adam to clean out Cochrane went unpunished as well.

Very similar to the Porteous tackle without making contact!

We are not going to blame the ref, surely?

Yes, Smith was fouled first, was he giving it, who knows bar the ref.  But Ben's elbow could have been red and as he had not blown for a free kick had to deal with first.

6 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Can anyone explain how Adam stayed on the park? The guy is past it and kicks players instead of the ball.

This is no development in his career. He’s always been a thug and the reputation followed him all over the English game. 
People get chubbies for his “wand of a left foot” every time he passed the ball a guy behind kept pointing out to his son how amazing it was. Never once commented on better crossfield  balls Soapy played. 

Beni probably had one of his poorer games by his high standards but Adam could hardly get within 5 yards of him. Whenever he did he just kicked him. Quite how the ref never acted on this is beyond me. Can’t believe that fat **** and his team escaped with a point.

1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

Hope the wee fud throwing a can at Gordon got found and arrested.

I doubt it.  There were no cops in the one area that was likely to be a flash point, just stewards.

It was only when Dundee scored and their fans breached the sterile area, that a few Cops moved into the area. From my seat directly opposite in the Gorgie, I didn't see anyone getting lifted.  Unfortunately.

Used to work in the same office as him and he always came across as a conceited, attention seeking bellend.  Makes total sense that’s he’s now a top grade ref, fits the bill.  

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

We are not going to blame the ref, surely?

Yes, Smith was fouled first, was he giving it, who knows bar the ref.  But Ben's elbow could have been red and as he had not blown for a free kick had to deal with first.

Sheridan kicked Craig Gordon in the head and nothing was done. 

Actually I'd say Sheridan changed the game for Dundee causing disruption all over. Maybe if he hadn't been kicked in the head Craig Gordon would have caught the throw in. 

Re Woodburn as the pundits on Sportscene said you need to look at other angles. And a Dundee player elbowed a Hearts player in the face and was booked.