What's on next Saturday?

King Of The Cat Cafe

King Of The Cat Cafe

Apart, obviously, from our game at Tynecastle, what is happening in Edinburgh on October 23rd that is causing flights to cost so much?

A flight that cost me £55 for the last home game is now up to £153.  On October 30, the same flight costs £58.

Just got to love the easyJet algorithm that spots dates of high demand and boosts the price. 😦

3 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Apart, obviously, from our game at Tynecastle, what is happening in Edinburgh on October 23rd that is causing flights to cost so much?

A flight that cost me £55 for the last home game is now up to £153.  On October 30, the same flight costs £58.

Just got to love the easyJet algorithm that spots dates of high demand and boosts the price. 😦

Its the start of half term in England I think. Not sure where you are flying from mind you. 

7 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I'm flying from Munich to Edinburgh via Amsterdam on the morning of the 23rd, went to change my flight from the Saturday to the Friday, when I first looked it cost me nothing but the next it was €350 more expensive. Crazy.

King Of The Cat Cafe
2 minutes ago, Homme said:

I was going to say COP26 in Glasgow but that's the week after.

Maybe still related though? 

Perhaps not since I am flying into Glasgow at £100 cheaper than Edinburgh.

King Of The Cat Cafe
3 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Everyone flocking to Edinburgh to see our unbeaten run continue.

LOL.

11 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

COP26 through in Glasgow

Perhaps not since I am flying into Glasgow at £100 cheaper than Edinburgh.

Yeah ignore me then :lol:

King Of The Cat Cafe
4 minutes ago, Homme said:

Yeah ignore me then :lol:

Sorry, did not mean to depreciate your answer.

To make up for it, I'll buy you a fish supper at the Gorgie Fish Bar.  You'll easily recognise me, I'll be wearing a Hearts scarf.

Sorry, did not mean to depreciate your answer.

To make up for it, I'll buy you a fish supper at the Gorgie Fish Bar.  You'll easily recognise me, I'll be wearing a Hearts scarf.

Best keep your money for flights. I got a chippie tonight and was complaining about how expensive they are these days!

Half terms but everything will go through the roof re flights leading up to Cop26. A lot of the advance parties are here for Cop26 

Flight from Belfast City to Dundee for next week was way more expensive than normal as well.  Usually pay £55 each way, was £90 each way instead. 

Wish there was just one price, and I hate that it goes up if you don't buy it at the time of the initial search.  Same goes with hotels, can nearly double if you don't book there and then. 

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Flight from Belfast City to Dundee for next week was way more expensive than normal as well.  Usually pay £55 each way, was £90 each way instead. 

Wish there was just one price, and I hate that it goes up if you don't buy it at the time of the initial search.  Same goes with hotels, can nearly double if you don't book there and then. 

Bloody hate this nonsense, when I worked in West Germany in the late 80s I had 2 prices for flying home, £160 with BA via Heathrow or Birmingham or £220 direct to Glasgow with DLT (summit to do with Lufthansa). I was young, single and making 3 times the wage I could do in the Uk so prices weren't a problem. My point is though, you could look at a timetable and see a price and that is what you paid. Nowadays even ferry companies will only give you a "from" price. Even Vlad tried it with STs.