U21’s at Tynie

Clerry Jambo

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Thought HIckey was in squad?

Withdrawn injured though nothing serious.

Has played 7 straight league games so rested basically. 

Edited by Mikey1874

8 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Looks like they are still using the red zone for the international games 

How can you tell seen a bigger crowd at tynie for a hearts youth team cup tie

A Shoreditch Heart

I've just switched it on and there are about 150 fans there - eh, what is going on ! I remember going to a couple of under 23's games at Tynecastle in the mid '70's and they were totally packed out. I don't know how much tickets are tonight, but surely the SFA have got to promote this game a bit better - it's embarrassing 😞 

Maroon Sailor

Why are they saying what a strike for the goal ?

A goalkeeping howler

HT

Scotland 0-1 Denmark

been here before
9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

That is a shocking attendance. I assume the SFA set ridiculous ticket prices? 

8 sheets full price 3 for bairns etc.

Im here and theres much more than 150 :lol:

Edited by been here before

StevenNaismith

Getting a lesson here from the Danes. Slicker looked to be at fault for the goal from where I’m sat. Their team seems full of pace and power whereas we just seem to play the obvious pass all the time. Hoping young Marc Leonard gets on, he was a terrific young prospect when he was at Hearts. Hickey will come in for the next game I’d imagine as Doig has looked poor again tonight.

August Landmesser
8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

That is a shocking attendance. I assume the SFA set ridiculous ticket prices? 

£8 and £3 concessions, but really badly promoted. Took me a good long time to find tickets online - not easy via Hearts or SfA websites. Then Hickey pulled out, so I didn't bother in the end.

Danes look good though, proper football team

6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Not sure why Ransom is a pundit

Who is he?

Bit confused why he is interviewing players.

Amy lass is better than what we usually get to be fair

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Madjambo21 said:

Who is he?

Bit confused why he is interviewing players.

Amy lass is better than what we usually get to be fair

He's an Aberdonian rapper

Maroon Sailor
9 minutes ago, maroonedinbriz said:

Nobody pushing for a move up to senior sqaud. A very mediocre senior squad at that.

Have to agree - not much to pin our future hopes on

Alex MacDonald

As mentioned above, really poor crowd. Remember going to an U-23 game against Denmark in 1976, a 4-1 win for Scotland with an 18,000 crowd, and Rab Prentice scoring one of the finest solo goals I’ve ever seen.

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He's an Aberdonian rapper

Tell me your kidding I've kind of heard of some of the players but an Aberdeen rapper is taking the piss 🤣🤣

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Rockwell said:

Tell me your kidding I've kind of heard of some of the players but an Aberdeen rapper is taking the piss 🤣🤣

🤣🤣

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Rizla said:

I thought that young Doig lad came across very well in that interview.

Amy (2ndname?) was very good at halftime also.

Amy Irons - daughter of ex Pars player Davie Irons

Maroon Sailor

Good strike from Middleton 

Montgomery should have buried the rebound

And Denmark should have gone 2 up

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Keep the ball on the ground, FFS. I’m amazed this tendency to hit it high when you can’t think of a better option still hasn’t been coached out of young Scottish players. It’s possession straight back to the opposition every time. The Danes just don’t do it.

Maroon Sailor

Scot Gemmill seems to have been in that job for a long time but I don't see much to get excited about as far as progression is concerned.

Same old, same old

Malinga the Swinga

Montgomery must have won a raffle ticket to get 45 minutes on pitch with professionals. He is absolutely shocking.

Doig gets caught over covering all the time in middle of pitch, leaving winger all alone. He might be a nice young man but he is less than average full back. His highlights at half time consisted of punt up the park, a throw on and a lost ball on half way line.

How does Scott Gemmill keep job. Utterly clueless, has achieved nothing and brought through negligible players to full squad.

Hickey should keep away from them as they will bring him down.

Surely to God there are better  u21players playing in Scotland than all these obscure tenuous Scots playing for English academy teams

Maroon Sailor

And the most predictable performance and result of the night award goes to .......

Scotland U21 0-1 Denmark U21

No flow to Scotland's play

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

And the most predictable performance and result of the night award goes to .......

Scotland U21 0-1 Denmark U21

No flow to Scotland's play

No pace to Scotland's play, no style to Scotland's play, no enthusiasm to Scotland's play, no skill to Scotland's play, no structure or pattern to Scotland's play.

At half time, thought management team would have got into players and sent them out aggressive and ready. Instead it looked as if they had cup of cocoa and we're ready for a sleep.

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No pace to Scotland's play, no style to Scotland's play, no enthusiasm to Scotland's play, no skill to Scotland's play, no structure or pattern to Scotland's play.

At half time, thought management team would have got into players and sent them out aggressive and ready. Instead it looked as if they had cup of cocoa and we're ready for a sleep.

Agree with all that and I think Scot Gemmill has been there long enough. Nobody is coming through at this rate

A Shoreditch Heart
1 hour ago, Alex MacDonald said:

As mentioned above, really poor crowd. Remember going to an U-23 game against Denmark in 1976, a 4-1 win for Scotland with an 18,000 crowd, and Rab Prentice scoring one of the finest solo goals I’ve ever seen.

yeah, i was behind the goal that night and Bobby Prentice scored one of the greatest goals ever - just came on as a sub and picked up a short corner and dribbled around 4 players (or it might have been 6) and the noise was incredible - what a player he was.

27 minutes ago, A Shoreditch Heart said:

yeah, i was behind the goal that night and Bobby Prentice scored one of the greatest goals ever - just came on as a sub and picked up a short corner and dribbled around 4 players (or it might have been 6) and the noise was incredible - what a player he was.

Tried a similar run just before and fell on his ecky

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

£8 and £3 concessions, but really badly promoted. Took me a good long time to find tickets online - not easy via Hearts or SfA websites. Then Hickey pulled out, so I didn't bother in the end.

Danes look good though, proper football team

Sure it was free for members of the TA

But it was very badly promoted

I usually try to go to these games

1 hour ago, Alex MacDonald said:

Remember that one. Got the programme. 4 pages I think. Sure it had a St Johnstone player on the cover.

Edited by Riccarton3

11 hours ago, A Shoreditch Heart said:

I've just switched it on and there are about 150 fans there - eh, what is going on ! I remember going to a couple of under 23's games at Tynecastle in the mid '70's and they were totally packed out. I don't know how much tickets are tonight, but surely the SFA have got to promote this game a bit better - it's embarrassing 😞 

1980 Scott v England QF Euro Championship, 2nd leg. 

We had a bus full up to Pittodrie on Wednesday night, bus left about 2.30 in afterwards when pub shut. In other words, a half day off work.

The ground was rammed, old terracing days with thousands locked out.

Poor 0-0 game which put England through.

Screenshot_20211008-064501_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211008-064420_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Tommy Brown