Sleep

Greedy Jambo

As the age of forty looms near I'm now lucky to get 6-7 hours, rare for me to sleep past 8am even if I’ve been drinking the night before 

Dunno. What is sleep?? 

Depends on the individual. 

Hard work you need your body to rest. 

However no matter what it's vital your body runs through the sleep stage cycle. 

doctor jambo

I barely sleep.

I work a lot of nights and can function happily on 3-4 hours.

8 hours sleep is anathema and leaves me knackered.

Since I have been on my own my sleep path has changed quite dramatically. I go to bed as I always did about 10pm and sometimes a bit later. I would generally then sleep well, having to get up once during the night for a toilet break, back to sleep until about 6.00am or later. Most of the pattern is the same but for over a year now I wake up around 3.00am, and then I have difficulty getting back to sleep as I start to obsess about something and get stressed out thinking about it. It is 3.25am right now, I woke about 2.50am obsessing about whether I still had my winter boots and where they are, I ended getting up, doing the toilet thing, then looking for my boots which I found easily in the garage. I however am not the least bit tired, so rather than lying awake I am here telling my sad tale. I feel fine and as I do I will go back to bed relaxed and probably get another couple of hours good sleep. I think its a combination of age, and circumstances, but one has to accept life is a hard taskmaster, and those of us who have had a perfect one are less capable of facing the challenge than the previously less fortunate.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

I barely sleep.

I work a lot of nights and can function happily on 3-4 hours.

8 hours sleep is anathema and leaves me knackered.

How very Thatcheresque of you. ::troll::

Harry Potter
14 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

How many hours sleep is enough?

And how many hours sleep do you get?

sleep from 11pm to 5pm most nights up at 7am, mon-fri, 8am sat and sunday.

6 hours seems enough for me, 

indianajones
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

No more than six to seven hours is good for me.

7 hours seems to be what my body is programmed to now these days.

Savage Vince

I use a Fitbit. The sleep tracker is bonkers. Every time it gives me a score of 75+ I feel like I've slept lousy. Most poor scores are after nights I think I've slept OK.