Makela hopes for fresh start with new Hearts boss (merged threads)

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Makela hopes for fresh start with new Hearts boss

OPPORTUNITY: Juho Makela

Published Date: 09 July 2008

By BARRY ANDERSON

JUHO MAKELA hopes the appointment of a new Hearts manager can help him cement a regular first-team place at Tynecastle after two and a half years of trying.

The Finnish striker is looking for a fresh start to his Hearts career when his three-month loan spell at HJK Helsinki concludes. Having scored nine goals in 14 games in his homeland,:) he feels the arrival of a new coach can help him re-establish himself in Scotland.

Makela's prowess with HJK will see him return in prime condition, ready to join Hearts on their pre-season tour of Germany.:)

He is keen to make an instant impression on whoever Vladimir Romanov installs as the new coaching figurehead, having played just 19 games for the club since joining in January 2006.

"I hope this will be a fresh start. I have been trying for two years to establish myself and couldn't do it for many reasons," said the player. "When the new manager comes, a new season starts and it's a fresh beginning for everyone. I'm looking forward to that.:)

"I have been reading about what is going on at Hearts as well as calling some friends to find out what is happening in Edinburgh. So far, a new manager hasn't come but I'm very interested to see what happens. I hope an appointment will be made quickly."

Although his role at Hearts has been peripheral since he signed from HJK for ?500,000, Makela offered some opinions on the new managerial structure.

He said: "In the coaching staff, there has to be some experience of British football. I don't think the manager has to be from the UK but somebody in the coaching staff should know the style of football there. I don't think the nationality is the key, I think the most important quality is the new manager's experience. It doesn't matter which country he comes from."

mind you 9 goals in 14 starts is not bad eh, could be worth another look eh.:cool:

lambojambo

Stand by for -

He's found his level

I saw him in the reserves he's pish

Etc, Etc

9 in 14 will do me. He just HAS to be a better option than Clum!!!!

Stand by for -

He's found his level

I saw him in the reserves he's pish

Etc, Etc

If we don't sign any players I would suggest that Nade/Makela would be our best pairing up front.

Glen in reserve.

He's banged in goals for other clubs before. He just can't do it for us.

In this instance I'd love to be proved wrong but I can't see it.

He looks clumsy but he has scored in almost all of his starts? Other than when played on the right wing.

lambojambo

Other than getting Vlad to sign a fabby new striker - what alternative do you suggest?

lambojambo
He looks clumsy but he has scored in almost all of his starts? Other than when played on the right wing.

He may look clumsy - but he aint CLUM!!!!!!:dribble:

siegementality

All we are saaaayiiiing, is give Juho a chaaaaance, altogther now.....All we are saaaayiiiing, is give Juho a chaaaaance!

maroonlegions

would be interesting to see his 9 goals, i mean were they tap ins:rolleyes:, deflected shots going in off some one or good strikes ON TARGET.;)

Say What Again

Correct.

No matter what people who see him in the reserves think, if we start the season with Clum, Mole, Nade (no doubt unfit) & Makela - then Juho must get a chance.

He's probably already scored more in his very, very short Hearts career than Clum has in his notably longer one.

He's faster than Clum, he's bigger than Clum, he HAS to be better than Clum. Will he play? Don't be stupid. :sad:

I'd like to think when the new manager is appointed his first task will be to empty every striker at the club bar glen and sign 2-3 new ones.

We'll have to wait and see i suppose.

would be interesting to see his 9 goals, i mean were they tap ins:rolleyes:, deflected shots going in off some one or good strikes ON TARGET.;)

I wouldn't care what they were like, if he tapped in 9 for us in 14 I'd be ok with that! Any player who says they are worth another shot, and they really want to give it a go, I'd let them at this moment in time. I say start him.

I wouldn't care what they were like, if he tapped in 9 for us in 14 I'd be ok with that! Any player who says they are worth another shot, and they really want to give it a go, I'd let them at this moment in time. I say start him.

9 tap-ins would prove that he has an instinct to be in the right place at the right time - exactly what we need in a striker.

9 goals and 3 assists in 14 games.

Scored a hat-trick in the cup for us, also scored against Barca.

Never given a chance. And when he was, we stuck him out on the right wing (Miko's place!!)

With Nade being punted ASAP, we''l be left with Dancing Queen, Moley, Glenster and Makela.

Give a proper chance fer feck sake.

Makela hopes for fresh start with new Hearts boss

OPPORTUNITY: Juho Makela

Published Date: 09 July 2008

By BARRY ANDERSON

JUHO MAKELA hopes the appointment of a new Hearts manager can help him cement a regular first-team place at Tynecastle after two and a half years of trying.

The Finnish striker is looking for a fresh start to his Hearts career when his three-month loan spell at HJK Helsinki concludes. Having scored nine goals in 14 games in his homeland,:) he feels the arrival of a new coach can help him re-establish himself in Scotland.

Makela's prowess with HJK will see him return in prime condition, ready to join Hearts on their pre-season tour of Germany.:)

He is keen to make an instant impression on whoever Vladimir Romanov installs as the new coaching figurehead, having played just 19 games for the club since joining in January 2006.

"I hope this will be a fresh start. I have been trying for two years to establish myself and couldn't do it for many reasons," said the player. "When the new manager comes, a new season starts and it's a fresh beginning for everyone. I'm looking forward to that.:)

"I have been reading about what is going on at Hearts as well as calling some friends to find out what is happening in Edinburgh. So far, a new manager hasn't come but I'm very interested to see what happens. I hope an appointment will be made quickly."

Although his role at Hearts has been peripheral since he signed from HJK for ?500,000, Makela offered some opinions on the new managerial structure.

He said: "In the coaching staff, there has to be some experience of British football. I don't think the manager has to be from the UK but somebody in the coaching staff should know the style of football there. I don't think the nationality is the key, I think the most important quality is the new manager's experience. It doesn't matter which country he comes from."

mind you 9 goals in 14 starts is not bad eh, could be worth another look eh.:cool:

agree 100% bring him back and give him a run in the first team, has the pace and the passion, better than CLUM :)

Captain Lithuania
If we don't sign any players I would suggest that Nade/Makela would be our best pairing up front.

Glen in reserve.

Nade?!?! He can't run, he's a fat, lazy, slob.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

It's now 10 in 15, After scoring the 2nd in a 2-0 cup win over KuPS Kuopio.

Ibrahim Tall

He scored just as consistantly at that level in past before he came here, not really a suprise that he's doing the same now. Don't really think he's the answer but he's better than what we've got.

Kris Boyd doesnt look much of a footballer most of the time he's on the pitch but he has a habit of putting the ball in the net. Personally i dont care how they do it, i just want a guy who gets 20 a season for us. Not saying makela's the man to do that necessarily, but i dont think we should be over fussy how they go in. Unless your happy with Nade's 3 a season or whatever it was.;)

Kris Boyd doesnt look much of a footballer most of the time he's on the pitch but he has a habit of putting the ball in the net. Personally i dont care how they do it, i just want a guy who gets 20 a season for us. Not saying makela's the man to do that necessarily, but i dont think we should be over fussy how they go in. Unless your happy with Nade's 3 a season or whatever it was.;)

Exactly - some of the best strikers I've seen in Scottish football have been less than greatly naturally talented footballers - but they knew how to put the ball into the back of the net and I would include Kris boyd in that bracket alng with people in the past like Alec Ferguson, Jim Forrest, Dixie Deans, , Mark McGee, yes and even John Robertson.

Makela deserves a chance - maybe if he was partnered with the right person we would get a barrow load of goals out of him.

Archived