Annoying Neighbour - Section D Lower Wheatfield

Stuart Lyon

I'm one of a few long suffering fans in Rows 6, 7 & 8 who have put up with a guy for a few years who talks incessantly about the football, his life, work  and anything else under the sun! We ask him to talk less but to no avail. Sometimes the exchanges descend into slagging matches but he seems to have the hide of a rhinoceros! Yesterday it reminded me of this scene from Airplane as he really is that bad.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• GinRummy

• Stu_HMFC

• been here before

Sat in upper N a few years ago, sure it was the derby when Lennon got hit with the coin, 2 older women next to me sat and talked absolute shite all game. I've never met her daughter but by the end of the game I felt liked id known her my whole life!

2 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

Sat in upper N a few years ago, sure it was the derby when Lennon got hit with the coin, 2 older women next to me sat and talked absolute shite all game. I've never met her daughter but by the end of the game I felt liked id known her my whole life!

Did you end up marrying her? 😏

There was an arse sat near me in B a few years ago who was just non stop slagging of players from kick off. And then amazingly when we were playing Rangers he sat and sang along with all their songs. Or at least he did until a couple of lads had a quiet word in his ear at half time. 

There is an absolute slaver who sits just over my left shoulder…..its like the only day he’s allowed out is when Hearts play at Tynecastle.

He just doesn’t shut up and you think he’d played at a high level the way he goes on.

Reminds me of someone on here 🤡 🥁 

6 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

Pretty sure that’s the same 2 that sit directly behind me

There’s a guy who sat near me in lower D who shouts “ Winners Hearts Winners” whenever the ball is in the air and is being contested, now, the guy is pretty decent when I ever see him outside the ground but becomes a moany faced git inside, I have told him this and he just laughed.  We all got shifted about because of the red zone, who was sitting in front of me yesterday? You got in one.:facepalm:

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Nothing worse. 

Especially when someone has no idea how to wash their clothes or themselves. 

Manky *******s. 

Outing yourself as a darkheid season ticket holder.

I remember sitting in Section V years ago, old guy behind us was in love with Jim Hamilton.

One game Jim Hamilton kicked off and my mate screamed “Awe FFS Hammy”

Old guy went ballistic !!!

jimmy the jambo
10 minutes ago, maroon said:

Section A wheat field full of angry dads and their angry annoying children. Very frustrating.

Is that row 9 by any chance? 

Still on the subject of spectators, I sit high up in the Wheatfield D, quite near the aisle, have been there a number of years, many of the guys there have been there since it went up in 1994, however this season I have noticed how old some of these guys now are, struggling to get up and down the steps, a lot using walking sticks, struggling for breath half way up, at the Aberdeen game I saw one old guy holding on to the railing unable to move, now I understand people like having there own seat for a number of years, but surely for safety reasons if you have mobility issues then I’m sure Hearts would accommodate some of these older infirm guys with a lower seat

I genuinely feel one week someone is going to go there length down those steep steps.

I don’t believe I’m the only person who notices this, I’m no spring chicken myself, but there is no way I’d be trying to make it to row 28 if I had a walking stick

Edited by jbee647

Used to be a, I think father & son combo behind me in B.

Son hated Jamie Walker. Could do nothing right.

Dad hated any pass backwards or sideways. Typical exchange:

Son: FFS Walker!

Dad: Come on Hearts get it forward 

(Hoof)

Dad: FS Who’s that to?

More than one of my neighbours were ready to go fighting with them

1 minute ago, Furious Styles said:

I sat next to a guy against Motherwell,1996, who sang wonderwall all the way through the game.

Good Drugs probably more readily available in the 90s

One of the worst I had was at the 0-0 derby at Tynie in 2017. I was sitting in section G for the first time in a few years (used to have a season ticket there many years ago). A guy in front of me spent most of the first half shouting "I hope you and your entire family die including your kids" at Hibs players and even ended up shouting it at Don Cowie too. Thankfully, he didn't come back for the second half.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

It’s the smell of pee around me that’s a problem in Section C. I should really remember and go before kick off. 🤷‍♂️

🤣

2 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

I'm one of a few long suffering fans in Rows 6, 7 & 8 who have put up with a guy for a few years who talks incessantly about the football, his life, work  and anything else under the sun! We ask him to talk less but to no avail. Sometimes the exchanges descend into slagging matches but he seems to have the hide of a rhinoceros! Yesterday it reminded me of this scene from Airplane as he really is that bad.

Tell Ali to shut it then! 😍😜

I used to stand with a load of guys on a weekly basis who spouted the biggest load of sh**e imaginable,most un printable in here. But when we scored it all made perfect sense. Oh to have those days back!

Edited by Caramoon

Just now, Caramoon said:

I used to stand with a load of guys on a weekly basis who spouted the biggest load of sh**e imaginable,most unprintable in here. But when we scored it all made perfect sense. Oh to have those days back!

Byyy The Light
16 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

(Hoof)

Had a couple of guys sitting behind me who were like that.

Jamie Brandon must’ve pumped his Mrs or something. Completely irrational over the top reactions to anything he did and even at times when it wasn’t even him.

Got right on my tits. 

2 hours ago, Section N Rules said:

Row 25 i think, up that way anyway.

that’ll be them, seem to have mistaken tynie for lunch at all bar one

50 minutes ago, jimmy the jambo said:

Is that row 9 by any chance? 

If that’s the top row of the bottom section in A, I sat there for one season a few years ago.  Not the best. 

2 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Rude. My chat's brilliant.

aldaraanprince

I remember having a season ticket in lower Z for years. Never much bother apart from the odd slavering idiot who forgot he was in the family stand. 

The night we got a hiding off celtic in the cup (think it finished 0-7) wanyama scored and celebrated towards us and this guy next to me immediately emptied the contents of his pockets and launched it at the players. Cracked wanyama on the nose with a lighter. The game was on TV so I just slowly edged away from the boy... 

27 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

(Hoof)

😂😂 can’t even remember where it was in the ground as I’ve moved about a bit but there was a boy near me who use to shout, at least a few times a game - ‘aw c’moan hearts, YOU’RE GAUN THE WRONG WAYYYY’ whenever the ball got played backwards. For whatever reason my wee nephew thought it was hilarious. 

1 minute ago, aldaraanprince said:

I remember having a season ticket in lower Z for years. Never much bother apart from the odd slavering idiot who forgot he was in the family stand. 

The night we got a hiding off celtic in the cup (think it finished 0-7) wanyama scored and celebrated towards us and this guy next to me immediately emptied the contents of his pockets and launched it at the players. Cracked wanyama on the nose with a lighter. The game was on TV so I just slowly edged away from the boy... 

I sat in Z for the Aberdeen game. Despite stickers on the backs of seats reminding folk they were in the family area an old duffer behind me, with a high and whiney voice, uses the word **** in every single sentence. Poor wee kid sat beside me was about 4 and at his first game, never seen a little one look so shocked in my life. 

Just now, Helzibob said:

I sat in Z for the Aberdeen game. Despite stickers on the backs of seats reminding folk they were in the family area an old duffer behind me, with a high and whiney voice, uses the word **** in every single sentence. Poor wee kid sat beside me was about 4 and at his first game, never seen a little one look so shocked in my life. 

BTW that’s the see you next Tuesday word. 😂

About 15 years ago, my wife & I had Cat B ST's in the Roseburn.    A guy and his 10 yo son sometimes  sat behind us.  The Dad seemed unable to shout anything without "f" and "c" in it - no effort to tone it down in front of his lad.    One time, the lad shouted  something similar - and the Dad actually gave him a telling off for swearing !!       

Some people, eh ?  :facepalm:

2 hours ago, Herbert said:

Outing yourself as a darkheid season ticket holder.

I dont think we are at the stage of having to send letters to our season ticket holders. 

There have been a few at Tynie that have been minging though!

Section N should be allocate the swearing section. Anything abusive to the away fans is OK so long as it's not racist or sectarian - swearing is fine though. 

We're from the capital... 

You're so shite it's unbelievable 

aldaraanprince
53 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

BTW that’s the see you next Tuesday word. 😂

Oaft 😂 I remember sitting there as a wee nipper and my dad and uncle nearly coming to blows with a few auld guys for their language. Understandable if it's a knee jerk reaction but they swear every other word... Wanting to eff and jeff but too cheap to sit in another stand. 

Jambo na hÉireann
4 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

🤣 rows 6, 7 and 8? What, does he stand up and just start chatting to folk around him?! Or is he chatting out loud to no-one in particular?

Fitzroy Pointon
2 hours ago, maroondevo52 said:

I remember sitting in Section V years ago, old guy behind us was in love with Jim Hamilton.

One game Jim Hamilton kicked off and my mate screamed “Awe FFS Hammy”

Old guy went ballistic !!!

I wonder if he was on the Glasgow Hearts bus. Someone voted Hamilton MOM every week, even after he left :laugh:

The swearing chat in this thread reminds me of an English guy I met at my son's football a few years ago - he mentioned that he had worked in Edinburgh for a while and had gone to several Hearts games, including a derby. I asked him what his impression of Scottish football was, expecting him to say something about the style/standard but what he had taken from his experience was how imaginative Hearts fans were with the use of swear words, and he seemed genuinely impressed when remarking that some people could even get four or five of them in a single sentence!

2 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

The swearing chat in this thread reminds me of an English guy I met at my son's football a few years ago - he mentioned that he had worked in Edinburgh for a while and had gone to several Hearts games, including a derby. I asked him what his impression of Scottish football was, expecting him to say something about the style/standard but what he had taken from his experience was how imaginative Hearts fans were with the use of swear words, and he seemed genuinely impressed when remarking that some people could even get four or five of them in a single sentence!

I get cheesed off if someone sits near me with a kid. I don’t shout and swear but I’m prone to the occasional outburst but won’t swear loudly if that is the case. 

If there are no annoying twats sitting within your vicinity, does that mean you must be the annoying twat?  Asking for a friend.

Bazzas right boot

There's a guy who shouts random stuff out. 

Like if we have a corner, he'll shout at the keeper. 

It we're down the left side, he'll shout at a ch or Smith to get involved. 

Same guy get players mixed up all the time. 

Use to shout at Lee, but it was  Bozanic. 

Used to give Djoum abuse, he wasn't even on the pitch once. 

Even on Saturday he shouted I think At Cochrane but called him GMS, before Gary was on. 

Absolute roaster. 

It happens all the time . Always some loud mouth thinking he is Alan shearer with his running commentary all the way through the match . Happened to us yesterday . Pissed guy behind us shouting all the time and they were with another guy who had a really annoying child ( around 4/5 ) who kept screaming and banging his chair up and down . He may have had some disability so didnt say anything or he could have.  just been a nippy spoilt wee sod ! We were in the rose burn stand so rules out any of use 

51 minutes ago, RobNox said:

If there are no annoying twats sitting within your vicinity, does that mean you must be the annoying twat?  Asking for a friend.

Yes your 'friend' is an annoying twat

What’s happened to Karate Keith theses days used to be in bottom row of Section A we’re in main stand and not seen him for a while 

11 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

What’s happened to Karate Keith theses days used to be in bottom row of Section A we’re in main stand and not seen him for a while 

26 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Are you sure that’s karate keith I met him in Tynie arms one day and he looked older lad