Jamie Brandon

Tasavallan

I notice that Jamie is now 23 yrs old.   This is the same age group as John Souttar, Taylor Moore, Beni Baningime, Cameron Devlin, Alex Cochrane, Josh Ginnelly and Ben Woodburn.

Yet Michael Smith at 33 is still keeping Jamie out of a spot and Cammy Logan is probably ahead of him in the pecking order.  What is Jamie's future, if any, at Hearts?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Agentjambo

• A.JAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Byyy The Light

Hope he kicks on.  Too many injuries to judge him properly but I'd say there's about a 10% chance of him having any future with us.  Showed in the odd game he's got ability but probably needs to go down a level and get himself healthy and work his way back up.

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Will no doubt get shot down for this but I think Jamie could do well at RWB. Always looked better attacking. 

I agree. He's got a lot of ground to make up though so I think he'll move on. If he could keep fit and get games at the likes of Raith then he'd maybe still have a chance of a decent career.

2 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I agree. He's got a lot of ground to make up though so I think he'll move on. If he could keep fit and get games at the likes of Raith then he'd maybe still have a chance of a decent career.

He has been incredibly unlucky with injuries. Bit if a shame really. 

Don't think we really have a place for him, he's not good enough to be starting and I'd rather see us bring through a younger player than hold on to him. 

1 minute ago, Sierra Delta said:

Don't think we really have a place for him, he's not good enough to be starting and I'd rather see us bring through a younger player than hold on to him. 

You could see he had talent but made mistakes and was in and out the side, ultimately dropped. Young players will make mistakes though and young defenders mistakes will be more costly. I have to wonder how much of a chance the up and coming defenders have got of breaking through and holding down a place. 

A_A wehatethehibs

It’s all about the pro career for him now. Full focus on the fitness then it’ll be a case of shop windowing potentially on loan, Hearts will look to help him secure his future as a pro, as we do all our youngsters that don’t quite make it here eg Lewis Moore, Morrison,  McGhee, Brad McKay, most of these kids have gone on to get decent pro careers and enjoy their playing days and good luck to them. Harry Cochrane looking to get a career as well. Brandon will be in that bracket as will potentially Euan Henderson and Jamie Walker. Just a fact of life with the superior quality we are able to bring in to the transfer market. But we keep an eye on these lads and maybe one day after 4-5-6 seasons, theres always they chance they could work their way up to a level where they might win a move back to Hearts level. Good luck to these lads in their careers. 

20 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He's not good enough sadly. 

Not sure about that, I think every time he's had a chance he's either been sent off against Rangers or injured. 

Don't get me wrong, he's not making it here. He'll need to take a step back to  recover his career, but I remember when he first broke through, he looked very solid. Injuries and silly suspensions have cost him the experience that he should have. 

Real shame he's (yet again) not fit, because I think he has a much more attacking mindset than Smith and could thrive in this formation. Really ****ing frustrating. A championship side will no doubt snap him up. 

29 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Will no doubt get shot down for this but I think Jamie could do well at RWB. Always looked better attacking. 

He looked lie a real prospect when he first appeared and I doubt his basic ability has disappeared. His fitness will be the real question but if he can get that back then he could still have a future as an RWB as you say.

35 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Definitely better going forward than he is defending 

I've always liked Jamie. Horribly unlucky and that may have done him unfortunately.

We'll see I guess. Def good enough to be at a prem team so if he stays injury free hopefully has a career ahead, even if not at ourselves

27 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He has been incredibly unlucky with injuries. Bit if a shame really. 

Agree. Very unfortunate. The number of serious injuries and length of time out of the game mean it is impossible to know from the outside what he will be like when he returns. He is out of contract next summer and I expect he'll be released with the club's best wishes. Hearts were pretty generous giving him a contract in 2019 on the back of 16 games in the preceding two seasons, so I don't think anyone can criticise the club if we release him tis time around.

At the start of the season Neilson was quoted as saying we didn't expect him back until October/ November, having been injured in January. Hearts haven't included him in either first team or reserve squad lists on the website this year. I think his best hope is that he can get himself fit enough to go out on loan in January and get a few months of football in before needing to find a new club, assuming he still wants to play football of course. I hope that does happen, because if he doesn't get out on loan, chances are high that he will be looking for a new club having not kicked a ball in anger in 18months, which will be hard going.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-reveal-their-plan-for-cammy-logan-and-explain-why-defender-is-missing-plus-jamie-brandon-update-3318546

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What’s this got to do with Jamie?

They were in the same class together up until primary 4. The school then realised they were different ages and banished Rooney to Perthshire. 

6 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Agree. Very unfortunate. The number of serious injuries and length of time out of the game mean it is impossible to know from the outside what he will be like when he returns. He is out of contract next summer and I expect he'll be released with the club's best wishes. Hearts were pretty generous giving him a contract in 2019 on the back of 16 games in the preceding two seasons, so I don't think anyone can criticise the club if we release him tis time around.

At the start of the season Neilson was quoted as saying we didn't expect him back until October/ November, having been injured in January. Hearts haven't included him in either first team or reserve squad lists on the website this year. I think his best hope is that he can get himself fit enough to go out on loan in January and get a few months of football in before needing to find a new club, assuming he still wants to play football of course. I hope that does happen, because if he doesn't get out on loan, chances are high that he will be looking for a new club having not kicked a ball in anger in 18months, which will be hard going.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-reveal-their-plan-for-cammy-logan-and-explain-why-defender-is-missing-plus-jamie-brandon-update-3318546

I noticed he wasn’t on either squad page on the site. I agree, it’s likely he’s going to leave. Hopefully he gets the loan move, like you say.  

Edited by GinRummy

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They were in the same class together up until primary 4. The school then realised they were different ages and banished Rooney to Perthshire. 

What school?

To think we just dished out contracts to him and Moore when nobody manger wise, was actually in place to give thumbs up 😬🤒🤕😕 we are not a charity, and the contracts dished out time and again have been criminal, nothing personal but he should never have been given that extension 😠 

2 hours ago, King prawn said:

Not good enough, wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in league one to begin with and ends up at a championship side in the future.

Yet another ringing endorsement of our youth policy. 

1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

To think we just dished out contracts to him and Moore when nobody manger wise, was actually in place to give thumbs up 😬🤒🤕😕 we are not a charity, and the contracts dished out time and again have been criminal, nothing personal but he should never have been given that extension 😠 

Always amazes me how some are happy to write young players off.

1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

Recovering from his 2nd cruciate injury, but fire away and write him off lads.  

Never really took to him myself but clearly he’s been unlucky with injury in

a relatively fledgling career. 

You could argue with age and regular matches he’d refine his game but I personally thought there was too

much doubt over certain things. 

Always thought his concentration went quickly after starting games reasonably well, and with that his use of the ball became slack too. 

It hasn’t been a great last few years for young players at Hearts to flourish, so I have sympathy there. 

59 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

How long do you wait? Can’t avoid the cliche’ unfortunately, but it’s a cutthroat business and you can’t have too much sentiment.  

Also, I think the environment for

young players needs to be right too. It hasn’t been in the last few years with an inept coaching team. 

21 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

How long do you wait? Can’t avoid the cliche’ unfortunately, but it’s a cutthroat business and you can’t have too much sentiment.  

Also, I think the environment for

young players needs to be right too. It hasn’t been in the last few years with an inept coaching team. 

Yep. If he doesn't get himself out on loan in January, come the summer he will be a 24 year old who has managed 36 games in his career and won't have kicked a ball in 18months. As you say, its a cutthroat business and that is a hard sell. Hopefully he can get himself fit for january, get out on loan and make it to double figures in appearances in the second half of the season to prove his fitness.

3 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He's not good enough sadly. 

I think he is given a chance - a couple of years he put in one of the best performances I have seen by a young Hearts players against Livingston at Tynecastle. He was head and shoulders above everybody else on the park and was MoM.

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

Possibly one of the best WuM posts on here for a while (& I have biten!!) or stand a side Mr Magoo...

Not sure which tbh 😬 eeekkk...

He’s 23 and has played 36 games of football. In those 36 he’s had one or two good games, got sent off twice and has rarely looked like a top flight player - I hope he recovers and manages to carve out a career for himself but I’ll eat my hat if it’s at Hearts  

Doesn't have good enough decision making to play at Hearts but has enough physical attributes for Championship teams. Needs more games in a more forgiving and less demanding team. I always liked his attitude but hes been unlucky with injuries at key times for his chances here and I wish him well wherever his future is.

I like him, but I just can't see it happening for him.

Likely to end up at a team like Raith Rovers or Dunfermline next season.

13 hours ago, DS98 said:

A part time gig in league 1 or 2 awaits.

However Ross Callachan is currently forging a career in the prem so who the **** knows these days!

I’ve sort of come round to thinking he’s not going to make it with us but I do think bottom half spl or championship could be where he ends up. Can’t see him having to go down as far as league 1 or 2. 

Jambo in Bathgate
31 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’ve sort of come round to thinking he’s not going to make it with us but I do think bottom half spl or championship could be where he ends up. Can’t see him having to go down as far as league 1 or 2. 

Ross Callahan played ok for us unfortunately he was at fault for that goal at Motherwell. He looked good against us playing last week and could have scored two. Jamie Brandon has been unfortunate with long term injuries. We will have to wait until he is playing again. It’s a pity to right him off just yet. The reason he may move on is that we have better players now in the squad. Also there is no reserve league to aid his recovery. 

3 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Ross Callahan played ok for us unfortunately he was at fault for that goal at Motherwell. He looked good against us playing last week and could have scored two. Jamie Brandon has been unfortunate with long term injuries. We will have to wait until he is playing again. It’s a pity to right him off just yet. The reason he may move on is that we have better players now in the squad. Also there is no reserve league to aid his recovery. 

Think Brandon did ok for us . Athletic , lots of energy and particularly good going forward . Yes he could be impetuous defensively , most young defenders are . 

Wouldn't write the boy off yet but he has a huge job to get back into contention with us

If he stays mainly fit, and keeps a good attitude, then I think he'll carve a decent career in the Championship, maybe lower half Premiership. But I just don't think he's quite good enough for us, certainly not the direction that we're going in. Smith is still first choice RB/RWB and I fully expect to see Cammy Logan come into the fold next season.

Speaking of Cammy Logan, what's his situation? Genuinely thought he was on loan again but appears not. Has he been in the first team squad at all? Admittedly, I barely pay attention to the line-ups pre-match, let alone the bench.

1 hour ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Ross Callachan paid a heavy price for one blunder. I don't think he played again for us again, instead we played players like Damour in his position, who cost us relegation imo.

That was down to Levein's terrible decision making on players. Callachan was probably our most reliable midfielder even if he wasn't a world  beater and he's been a decent player wherever he has played since.

Edited by upgotheheads

42 minutes ago, Locky said:

Speaking of Cammy Logan, what's his situation? Genuinely thought he was on loan again but appears not. Has he been in the first team squad at all? Admittedly, I barely pay attention to the line-ups pre-match, let alone the bench.

Injured during pre-season. In early September he returned to training but with the need to gradually build up to the point he was available to play.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/cammy-logan-gets-hearts-injury-21482512

1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

Injured during pre-season. In early September he returned to training but with the need to gradually build up to the point he was available to play.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/cammy-logan-gets-hearts-injury-21482512

👍🏿

Hopefully see him in the matchday squad sooner rather than later then. As highlighted by Neilson, an injury to Smith requires a full system change so makes sense for Logan to get some game time soon.