• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nookie Bear

• Stendelnator

• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

Not so easy to just sign older players if you aren’t offering any money. 

In a nutshell,

Andy Kirk had problems trying to bring in new players who wanted to play for Hearts

to be fair, some of that would be down to travel issues, but I was told he was knocked back by a few players,

as an aside some of the girls will now be training during the day for a couple of  hours, a couple of days a week,  as well as there normal training schedules 

Obviously due to work and education commitments not all girls will be able to commit to this, but it’s a step in the right direction.

1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Couple of questions guys?  Does anyone know if it will be on IPTV and where can you bet on it?

Cheers.

bet 365 has Hearts at 16/1

On 21/09/2021 at 09:15, Nookie Bear said:

Surely they are doing this to promote their team and, in turn, attract more people to hibs as a whole. I very much doubt it's a last hurrah before they give up and let us take over.

I can assure you there is an element of getting one over us and obtaining the same bragging rights as what an original Edinburgh Derby would give to the winners. 

I had someone at my work saying Hibs are looking to take 7 or more of us tonight, genuinely excited at the prospect of Hibs  beating Heart of Midlothian on their own turf in front of 6/7k.

I like the high profile of Ladies/Womens football but IF Heart of Midlothian are to be beaten tonight then yes its not great but im not going to loose sleep over it. 

Half-time: 1-0.

Sorry folks, but Hibs are very much dominating. They're picking up almost all 2nd balls with some good distribution (their #4 seems to be bossing it from the back, picks out good passes and looks like she'd see me off at the wrestling 🤭).

We've got some quick players and have made some fine interceptions without it coming to much. Our #18, for one, would leave me for dead in a foot race, for sure. But, we've not threatened their 'keeper yet.

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Half-time: 1-0.

Sorry folks, but Hibs are very much dominating. They're picking up almost all 2nd balls with some good distribution (their #4 seems to be bossing it from the back, picks out good passes and looks like she'd see me off at the wrestling 🤭).

We've got some quick players and have made some fine interceptions without it coming to much. Our #18, for one, would leave me for dead in a foot race, for sure. But, we've not threatened their 'keeper yet.

No need to be sorry. Most folk won't give it a 2nd thought

Sportsound went to ER for a half time report during the Raith/Dunfermline interval.

Surprised me but in a good way.

Hopefully Hearts will reciprocate by holding the next fixture at Tynecastle.

1 hour ago, dannymack said:

I can assure you there is an element of getting one over us and obtaining the same bragging rights as what an original Edinburgh Derby would give to the winners. 

I had someone at my work saying Hibs are looking to take 7 or more of us tonight, genuinely excited at the prospect of Hibs  beating Heart of Midlothian on their own turf in front of 6/7k.

I like the high profile of Ladies/Womens football but IF Heart of Midlothian are to be beaten tonight then yes its not great but im not going to loose sleep over it. 

Aye.

Got the impression right away that Hibs and their fans were looking for a turkey shoot tonight.

They finally have a derby in which they've been dominant and can feel a wee bit confident about.

Bless. 

This is a bit of history and the final score is secondary.  A crowd in excess of 6,000 is tremendous when Hibs were targeting a record of 3,000.

Fully agree that the next derby should be at Tynecastle.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

This is a bit of history and the final score is secondary.  A crowd in excess of 6,000 is tremendous when Hibs were targeting a record of 3,000.

How much was entry to the game? 

7 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

They gave tickets away doubt there would be 6k.

26 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

How much was entry to the game? 

23 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Free

Ron the con will be spewing that he's missed out on some decent cash.

17 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Ron the con will be spewing that he's missed out on some decent cash.

A lot more at the kiosks than usual 200 or so you would imagine would pay for itself.  

43 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Maybe free but people still need to get there with petrol in short supply and then sit in that draughty concrete carbuncle. 2-0

should def rename it that 🤣🤣

The draughty concrete carbuncle at Easter Road has a ring to it

24 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

3-0 final score. Disappointing but not entirely surprising.

5,512 crowd. New record for a women’s club game in Scotland.

Brilliant , not a fan of the score but its not balanced yet , That crowd should be used to show people theres not just Rangers and Celtic in the womens game now and try to avoid the way mens footballs gone here

The highlights will be on BBC Scotland on Mon at 19:00 if you wish to see Hibs' 'keeper having a holiday. To be fair, their goals all looked good and they had (almost) all the best moves. Both teams showed skilfull ball control with some slick passing. One highlight was our diminutive #10 getting a red card for bundling over their stout #4 who rolled over and almost took out Olid. Not quite Cochrane on McGinn, but gave me a laugh. 😀

ooh-aah-cantona
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

The highlights will be on BBC Scotland on Mon at 19:00 if you wish to see Hibs' 'keeper having a holiday. To be fair, their goals all looked good and they had (almost) all the best moves. Both teams showed skilfull ball control with some slick passing. One highlight was our diminutive #10 getting a red card for bundling over their stout #4 who rolled over and almost took out Olid. Not quite Cochrane on McGinn, but gave me a laugh. 😀

Yellow card you mean.

Given the stages of the development of both sides the result can hardly be called a surprise

Surprised to see Hearts players player of the year leave for Motherwell though

Clearly youth is the model being followed and hard to argue with that whilst there is no or little money in the Scottish game......we can give the players everything bar a wage.

I suspect that James Anderson will fund Hearts women to raise their standards over the next couple of years.  We seem to have regressed a bit of late and I think he'll want to address that.

ooh-aah-cantona

I don’t think anyone heading into the match would have fancied Hearts to win given where the 2x different squads are at; Hibs having 3-4 players who have won the SWPL Titles and cups, with 2x Scotland caps in the heart of the team in Murray and Boyle.

Hearts are very much a youth team, with 8 of the starting line up being under 20, 5 of which I reckon are 17. 

The first 30 minutes was generally Hearts under the cosh, soaking up pressure from Hibs attack predominately down the wings, in a game that had a few errors - misplaced passes, foul throws etc - which is understandable given the occasion. The first goal typified that as there were at least 3x Hearts players who when they watch this back, will feel they could have done better and prevented the opener.

The Hearts boss Eva Olid had seen enough to send out Tweedie at the half hour mark for an extensive warm up and it looked like she was coming on but Hearts faired better in that 15 minutes with more positive play, although not troubling the Hibs goalkeeper.

At the start of the 2nd half, Olid made 2x substitutions but changed half the team around positionally which for me, made Hearts look disjointed and struggle to get out of our half, as I felt we had two sitting midfielders in front of the defence that didn’t have the legs to get forward.

As expected, Hibs had more guile and legs in the second period and were worthy of their 3-0 win.

A few things to take away for the young team but they should hold their heads up high.

There were some positive individual performances but I’ll reserve special praise for 17 year old centre half Tegan Browning, who I thought was fantastic.

11 hours ago, martoon said:

Aye.

Got the impression right away that Hibs and their fans were looking for a turkey shoot tonight.

They finally have a derby in which they've been dominant and can feel a wee bit confident about.

Bless. 

Exactly this. Getting their cheapies because they beat a Hearts team 3-0. They'll prob have a parade round Leith. 

9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I suspect that James Anderson will fund Hearts women to raise their standards over the next couple of years.  We seem to have regressed a bit of late and I think he'll want to address that.

Regardless of how it's funded, the club have to make a decision whether they want to be serious about the women's team or not. As it stands they won't improve enough to challenge the established teams and any decent players will get fed up and move on 

manaliveits105
41 minutes ago, Sergio said:

😂😂😂😂

I see the fashion sense down fester hasn’t improved - what an absolute melt and they don’t throw him out as bawbaggery is  allowed at the soccer ball dome 

Fitzroy Pointon
48 minutes ago, Sergio said:

😂😂😂😂

That's feckin embarrassing :laugh2:. At a woman's football game? 

So, do they get to count that win amongst their overall derby record? If so they must be delighted. 

11 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Surprised to see Hearts players player of the year leave for Motherwell though

Believe that was due to work commitments, the sort of thing that can happen if we sign players from outside Edinburgh when nobody is on a professional contract. 

40 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

I see the fashion sense down fester hasn’t improved - what an absolute melt and they don’t throw him out as bawbaggery is  allowed at the soccer ball dome 

They never do - seen loads of their mob on the pitch getting ushered gently back into the stands by stewards.