Hibs v Hearts Women

Kiwidoug

Being played at the Giro and they're hoping for a record crowd of around 3,000.  Free entry.

Hope it's successful and that we win of course.

Anyone know if tickets are available from Hearts?  Anyone going?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nookie Bear

• Stendelnator

• Mikey1874

• Naisys Tackle

Seems tickets are free from hibs but assume that’s for their ST holders Imagine the rest will be around £5 per adult. 

So probably no excuse for anyone interested 🤷‍♂️

Voice of reason

Hibs are doing this as they know they should win by a few. If Hearts were as hot favourites to win as they are then they wouldn’t be promoting this so heavily. Hearts women are getting closer to them though and so they know they are on borrowed time to do this type of stunt. It’s good for the profile of women’s football though which is fantastic so overall it’s a good thing - it’s just done by Hibs for the wrong reason. 

25 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Hibs are doing this as they know they should win by a few. If Hearts were as hot favourites to win as they are then they wouldn’t be promoting this so heavily. Hearts women are getting closer to them though and so they know they are on borrowed time to do this type of stunt. It’s good for the profile of women’s football though which is fantastic so overall it’s a good thing - it’s just done by Hibs for the wrong reason. 

Surely they are doing this to promote their team and, in turn, attract more people to hibs as a whole. I very much doubt it's a last hurrah before they give up and let us take over.

Voice of reason
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Surely they are doing this to promote their team and, in turn, attract more people to hibs as a whole. I very much doubt it's a last hurrah before they give up and let us take over.

Absolutely correct - from their side it makes perfect sense. I just don’t think they’d be trying to get a 3,000 crowd to Easter Road if Hearts were likely to win 5-0. I definitely don’t blame them.

2 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Absolutely correct - from their side it makes perfect sense. I just don’t think they’d be trying to get a 3,000 crowd to Easter Road if Hearts were likely to win 5-0. I definitely don’t blame them.

Possibly not.

Should be a fair few Hearts fans there though.

3 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

two years ago though. Top flight club now. 

Probably as the cost of a matchday operation would exceed the monies gained from doing so.

12 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Probably as the cost of a matchday operation would exceed the monies gained from doing so.

Hibs are giving away tickets for free so are guaranteed to lose money but are still doing it 🤷 

5 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Hibs are giving away tickets for free so are guaranteed to lose money but are still doing it 🤷 

As a one-off and when the attendance is inevitably not very good then they'll likely not play there again until another one-off fixture appears that they think might sell women's football and get more interested.

8 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

As a one-off and when the attendance is inevitably not very good then they'll likely not play there again until another one-off fixture appears that they think might sell women's football and get more interested.

I’d say 3,000 tickets in two days is fairly decent no?

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Scotland women are playing in a competitive game at Hampden for the first time ever today.

Seen a friendly v Jamaica a couple of years back that was well attended

My daughters team got offered tickets for tonight but they have a big cup game Thursday and would mean missing training.

Edited by Homme

6 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

Did our ladies no pump theirs last season?

23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Scotland women are playing in a competitive game at Hampden for the first time ever today.

See a lot of the English teams are using the "mens" stadiums too.  Or was that just for the first couple weeks?

13 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Women's fitbaw. ::facepaw::

I used to be the same until my granddaughter( now 12)  started playing 2 years ago . She has 40 goals in 9 games this year  and scored a hattrick in her first trial for Hamilton Accies last night . Yes they may not be as good as the mens game but there are some decent players/teams out  there 

What's not to like? 🤭

Seriously, though. I've only been to one women's game (a Hearts one, by the way) and it was really good. If the teams are well matched then it is just as exciting, or more so, than a 'run of the mill' men's game.

19 hours ago, tazhearts said:

Does anyone know how Hearts fans would go about getting tickets for this game?  

Hearts appear to be selling tickets from the ticket office for the away end 

11 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Hearts appear to be selling tickets from the ticket office for the away end 

Selling? Are you saying Hibs supporters are getting in gratis, but Hearts supporters have to pay?

13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Selling? Are you saying Hibs supporters are getting in gratis, but Hearts supporters have to pay?

No the tickets are free, I suppose I said “selling” as it sounded better than “giving away”

38 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

No the tickets are free, I suppose I said “selling” as it sounded better than “giving away”

👍

Jambo na hÉireann
4 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Still not cheap enough for me to watch 90 mins of womens' football.

Spitonastranger
11 hours ago, Morgan said:

Here he is again.

Same subject.

:jj_facepalm:

Did you see what i responded to. Why are you following me about. Every time you post i see you as the Ronnie Corbett character out of Sorry, little man. 

Hope the girls do well but it's obviously tough for them stepping up a level this season. 

No points so far this season,unfortunately can't see this changing on Wednesday. 

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

Hope the girls do well but it's obviously tough for them stepping up a level this season. 

No points so far this season,unfortunately can't see this changing on Wednesday. 

They are playing at the same level as last season, no?

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

They are playing at the same level as last season, no?

Yes but they are a very young side in comparison to the other sides in the SWPL

Barring a couple of players, Hearts are basically an U20s side

As has been suggested previously, more experienced players, especially in attack should have been recruited during the last two season 

9 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

As has been suggested previously, more experienced players, especially in attack should have been recruited during the last two season 

They have just signed an u17 player who went straight into the team so the plan is clearly to focus on youth.

Not sure how much experienced players cost tbh

6 hours ago, Spitonastranger said:

Did you see what i responded to. Why are you following me about. Every time you post i see you as the Ronnie Corbett character out of Sorry, little man. 

And it’s goodnight from me.

3 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Not so easy to just sign older players if you aren’t offering any money.