Jump to content

Strangest/Weirdest/Most ridiculous online purchase


Morgan

Recommended Posts

Friends of ours own two Bernese mountain dogs.  Sadly, one of the dogs has been diagnosed with cancer.

 

Our friends purchased, online, 6 small bottles of ‘Holy Water’ to anoint the dog with.

 

The water is apparently from the River Jordan and each bottle was apparently blessed before posting.  :Aye:

What’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve bought online?  

 

Keep it clean, this is a family show.  😁

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Friends of ours own two Bernese mountain dogs.  Sadly, one of the dogs has been diagnosed with cancer.

 

Our friends purchased, online, 6 small bottles of ‘Holy Water’ to anoint the dog with.

 

The water is apparently from the River Jordan and each bottle was apparently blessed before posting.  :Aye:

What’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve bought online?  

 

Keep it clean, this is a family show.  😁

 

 

 

 

 

They would have been better off buying 6 bottles of breast milk from Jordan the ahem, 'model'

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had an acquittance, who used to get drunk and buy cars online. He was particularly bad after night out.

 

I have an uncle who bought his wife online. I still feel sorry for the poor girl.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Craig Gordon

Not ridiculous but absolutely pointless. Went through a stage of growing my hair last year and bought a hair band from Amazon. It arrived and i shaved my head the next day 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Friends of ours own two Bernese mountain dogs.  Sadly, one of the dogs has been diagnosed with cancer.

 

Our friends purchased, online, 6 small bottles of ‘Holy Water’ to anoint the dog with.

 

The water is apparently from the River Jordan and each bottle was apparently blessed before posting.  :Aye:

What’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve bought online?  

 

Keep it clean, this is a family show.  😁

 

 

 

 

 

Pointless commenting then really 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter

Bought a grass strimmer off amazon for 30 pounds, a load of rubbish, should have realised it was too cheap,

got my money back😕.

Link to post
Share on other sites
CostaJambo

Thought I was buying edibles online once to realise later I was only buying empty packets (Could sell them on if somebody wants to stick gummy bears in them and flog them on to some unsuspecting student??). Thankfully most of my drunken online adventures are limited to JKB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Section N Rules said:

Not ridiculous but absolutely pointless. Went through a stage of growing my hair last year and bought a hair band from Amazon. It arrived and i shaved my head the next day 😂

I’ve got a few of them too 😂 hair during lockdown put them on looked in mirror looked a dick got it cut 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm much to sensible for such things.

 

A mate at work bought an 85" Samdung telly when he was wrecked and didn't know anything about it until he got notification of delivery by email. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Der Kaiser

My Mum bought me AstroTurf Trainers many moons ago from her catalogue. 

 

I'd said I needed new ones and she tells me " Oh, there's a deal for them in my catalogue....Puma I think"

"Are you sure it's Puma?"

"Yes, they have a big cat on the side"

 

So I say yes please. Two weeks later the box arrives, says Puma on the box so I'm relieved only to open the box and to find they're bright red.

Coloured boots were not a big thing yet and I'm panicking now because I'm not good enough for red boots.

 

First time I wore them and everyone called me Dorothy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Konrad von Carstein
8 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

My Mum bought me AstroTurf Trainers many moons ago from her catalogue. 

 

I'd said I needed new ones and she tells me " Oh, there's a deal for them in my catalogue....Puma I think"

"Are you sure it's Puma?"

"Yes, they have a big cat on the side"

 

So I say yes please. Two weeks later the box arrives, says Puma on the box so I'm relieved only to open the box and to find they're bright red.

Coloured boots were not a big thing yet and I'm panicking now because I'm not good enough for red boots.

 

First time I wore them and everyone called me Dorothy. 

User name change... Stat!! :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought two massive TVs. North Korean brand - there were still dissidents' finger nails and hair in the boxes when they arrived.

 

Anyway, push comes to shove and I thought, I don't need these. Put them on Gumtree for a pound each and some American guy calls and takes them off my hands. Said he knew some folk who would go daft for them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
16 hours ago, Morgan said:

Friends of ours own two Bernese mountain dogs.  Sadly, one of the dogs has been diagnosed with cancer.

 

Our friends purchased, online, 6 small bottles of ‘Holy Water’ to anoint the dog with.

 

The water is apparently from the River Jordan and each bottle was apparently blessed before posting.  :Aye:

What’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve bought online?  

 

Keep it clean, this is a family show.  😁

 

 

 

 

 

 

I pished in the River Jordan after a few bevvies once.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Der Kaiser
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Bought two massive TVs. North Korean brand - there were still dissidents' finger nails and hair in the boxes when they arrived.

 

Anyway, push comes to shove and I thought, I don't need these. Put them on Gumtree for a pound each and some American guy calls and takes them off my hands. Said he knew some folk who would go daft for them.

 

Years ago my brother bought me a TV for my new house.

It was advertised as an A rated Television. 

 

It arrived with a big dent and scratches on the top. When he initially tried to return it they said it was exactly what he bought. An A rated Television apparently might have some cosmetic damage according them and we should have known that!!!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Craig Gordon
13 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I’ve got a few of them too 😂 hair during lockdown put them on looked in mirror looked a dick got it cut 😂

Glad I wasn't the only one 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

Glad I wasn't the only one 😂

A young lad in my office started to grow his hair last year when the Barbers were closed, He has still not had his hair cut just looks a utter mess. The last time he got his hair cut he got blonde highlights in his hair . It just looks stupid and he said he will not get it cut any time soon . He uses the headbands and what makes it 10 times worse he has the John McGylnn specs on the ones what go dark in the sun or sunlight. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

A young lad in my office started to grow his hair last year when the Barbers were closed, He has still not had his hair cut just looks a utter mess. The last time he got his hair cut he got blonde highlights in his hair . It just looks stupid and he said he will not get it cut any time soon . He uses the headbands and what makes it 10 times worse he has the John McGylnn specs on the ones what go dark in the sun or sunlight. 

Wrong 'un. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Salad Fingers

A t shirt which said "DRUM & BASS" on it and had a picture of Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney.

 

Edit. Sorry I thought the title was best ever online purchase. 

 

In all honesty I'm quite boring and don't really make daft, drunken online purchases. But my parents had a QVC card in the 90s and it was always a good laugh when a courier turned up with a massive box that contained my dad's latest drunken purchase. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guy at work bought a second hand bike for his wife on eBay. Didn’t realise (drunk) that it was actually a container of bikes

 

he was at work when this flat bed turns up and he gets call from the missus all irate! They lived in a tiny terraced house with no garden. he sent us a photo of him and his her on the sofa, with about 9 bicycles around them. One behind the telly, propped up in the dining room etc. Kids, adults, all sorts. He was laughing and her face was thunder 🤣🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
FinnBarr Saunders

I came back from the pub a few years back and won an auction for a Ford engined trike on ebay, 3k it cost me. Thankfully the guy was looking for someone with previous buying history which I had none so I got knocked back. Thank ****, it was bright and I mean BRIGHT green.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...