Jump to content

Flying to Dublin.


Smoked-Glass

Recommended Posts

Smoked-Glass

Anyone hopped on a Ryanair recently? 

 

Just wondering if you gotta take all that pcr stuff or not. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Anyone hopped on a Ryanair recently? 

 

Just wondering if you gotta take all that pcr stuff or not. 

 

 

 

https://www.dublinairport.com/covid-19/covid-19-travel-advice

Arriving passengers 

From July 19, the requirements for passengers arriving into Ireland are as follows:

The EU Digital COVID Certificate (DCC) for travel originating within the EU/EEA, which will show if the person travelling: 

  • is vaccinated against COVID-19;
  • has recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months; or
  • has received a negative COVID-19 test result taken no more than 72 hours before arrival.

Don’t forget your face masks 

It is now a legal requirement that all passengers wear a face mask or appropriate face covering throughout their full airport journey. Passenger should come to the airport with their face masks, but if new or more are required, masks will be available to purchase from vending machines and other outlets throughout the airport. 

Exemptions only apply to children under the age of 13 or passengers who can provide evidence of a valid medical reason. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.dublinairport.com/covid-19/COVID19-safety-measures

 

Arriving Passenger Guidelines:

 

We have compiled a list of guidelines to help you to prepare for arrival at Dublin Airport:

 

1. Passengers should wear a face mask throughout their full airport journey. Passengers should bring their own face mask from home, but if they forget to do so, masks will be available to purchase from vending machines and other outlets throughout the airport. Children under the age of 13 will not be asked to wear face masks and passengers who have a valid medical reason will also be exempt. Please dispose of your face masks in the general waste bins provided.

 

2. You must complete a Electronic COVID-19 Passenger Locator Form before arriving at Dublin Airport. You can download this form here. The form has also been issued to airlines so you should receive a copy of the form before you arrive at Dublin Airport. If you have an onward flight you do not need to complete the Public Health Passenger Locator form.

 

3. At passport control you will need to display your email receipt for the completed Electronic Passenger Locator form to an immigration officer.

 

4. On the 8th of November, the Irish government adopted the EU traffic light system for travel. Within the 'traffic lights' system, regions across the EU, EEA and the UK are categorised as green, orange, red or grey, on the basis of the risk levels associated with COVID-19. You can access the latest map identifying these regions Opens in new windowhere.

 

5. There are no restrictions on travel from a green region to another country within the system. Each EU member state can set its own rules in relation to how it deals with arriving passengers from orange and red areas.

 

6. The Irish Government has said that passengers arriving from an orange region should restrict their movement for 14 days unless they have a negative/not-detected result from a COVID-19 PCR test taken no more than three days before their day of departure.

 

7. Arriving passengers from red regions do not have to continue to restrict their movements for the full 14 days, if they have a negative/not-detected result from a PCR test taken at least five days - i.e. a minimum of five days - after arrival in the State. The Irish Government advises that in this case, you should wait for your negative test result to be returned before ending your period of restricted movements. This general request to restrict movement for 14 days does not apply to certain defined categories of passengers. For further details on this, please see the Irish government's advice on international travel Opens in new windowhere.

 

8. There is currently a separate travel advisory for passengers arriving from Denmark. All such passengers, including those travelling for essential purposes are requested to self-isolate for 14 days. There are more details in relation to travel from Denmark Opens in new windowhere

 

9. We have installed plexiglass screens at close contact points between passengers and staff and we ask that passengers use hand sanitiser before and after Immigration and follow the floor markings we have put in place to maintain social distancing while queuing at Immigration and the baggage reclaim hall and throughout the remainder of your Airport journey. 

 

10. If self-isolating you can travel from Dublin Airport to where you plan to self-isolate however the current advice from Irish Health Authorities is to avoid using public transport if possible and to ask a relative or household member to collect you when you arrive in Ireland.

 

11. If you need to take public transport please be aware that there has been a change to bus services operating to and from Dublin Airport with some providers operating a reduced service. The latest information is available on our bus page  here. Taxi services are still operating as normal, however there may be reduced availability and they are only available available for hire at the forecourt directly outside Terminal 1.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just realised the first bit is about the EU:

 

Passengers arriving from outside the EU/EEA 

  • For those with evidence of being fully vaccinated or recovered from COVID, there is no requirement for pre-departure RT-PCR test, or further day-5 RT-PCR test or quarantine. 
  • For all those not vaccinated or recovered from COVID, the requirement is for a pre-departure RT-PCR test (taken in previous 72 hours before arrival) AND require 14-day home quarantine with release after a negative day-5 RT-PCR test.
  • And a completed electronic Passenger Locator Form.

For more information and the countries that fall into this category, please Opens in new windowclick here

Edited by tian447
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you've not already got your 2D barcode about your double vaccination stuff, follow this link to get it on your phone:

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/after-your-vaccine/get-a-record-of-your-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-status

 

Quote

If you've lost or forgotten your username or password, you can create new ones by selecting the 'recover username' or 'forgotten your password' options.

If you've never received a unique username, you can sign up for one by using the 'recover username' option.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Anyone hopped on a Ryanair recently? 

 

Just wondering if you gotta take all that pcr stuff or not. 

 

 

 

Im flying to belfast in couple of weeks as was told you don’t need any tests or any proof of double vaccinated although I will download my vaccine certificate anyway just incase plus if I have a day trip to Dublin I’ve been told you have to show proof of your vaccine to get in to restaurants and pubs when in Dublin  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smoked-Glass

Decided its too much hassle for just a weekend in the pubs, which then produces another problem.  

 

Will leave it till later when the restriction bugger off or if its just a case of flashing an app thats counts for the whole common British Isles. 

 

Thx 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/09/2021 at 12:23, theshed said:

 

Im flying to belfast in couple of weeks as was told you don’t need any tests or any proof of double vaccinated although I will download my vaccine certificate anyway just incase plus if I have a day trip to Dublin I’ve been told you have to show proof of your vaccine to get in to restaurants and pubs when in Dublin  

 

That's because Belfast is in the UK, and has different rules to the Republic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just drive, I done it a few weeks ago. I got the 6am ferry I think was in Dublin by 12. The hardest part is the Glasgow to Cairnryan drive it feels like it never ends.

Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
31 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Just drive, I done it a few weeks ago. I got the 6am ferry I think was in Dublin by 12. The hardest part is the Glasgow to Cairnryan drive it feels like it never ends.

 

I do that at least once a year to go back to my partner's family and I like the drive, the coast is nice but there's a lot of monotimy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
FinnBarr Saunders
1 hour ago, Herbert said:

Just drive, I done it a few weeks ago. I got the 6am ferry I think was in Dublin by 12. The hardest part is the Glasgow to Cairnryan drive it feels like it never ends.

 

Ayr to Cairnryan is murder with those bloody average speed cameras.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fxxx the SPFL
2 hours ago, Herbert said:

Just drive, I done it a few weeks ago. I got the 6am ferry I think was in Dublin by 12. The hardest part is the Glasgow to Cairnryan drive it feels like it never ends.

How much was the ferry if you don’t mind me asking 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

How much was the ferry if you don’t mind me asking 

 

 

I booked 1 way on the way over and I'm sure it was 80 for me and the car to Belfast, coming back was 120 for me the Mrs and the car from Larne. I would go with stena the ferry was clean and modern, while p&o was a smelly rust bucket that was kitted out like a caravan from the 80s although the crossing was faster.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fxxx the SPFL
8 minutes ago, Herbert said:

 

 

I booked 1 way on the way over and I'm sure it was 80 for me and the car to Belfast, coming back was 120 for me the Mrs and the car from Larne. I would go with stena the ferry was clean and modern, while p&o was a smelly rust bucket that was kitted out like a caravan from the 80s although the crossing was faster.

Cheers 🍻 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/09/2021 at 17:14, Smoked-Glass said:

Decided its too much hassle for just a weekend in the pubs, which then produces another problem.  

 

Will leave it till later when the restriction bugger off or if its just a case of flashing an app thats counts for the whole common British Isles. 

 

Thx 

 

When are you thinking of travelling?  It is planned to remove all remaining restrictions on hospitality on Friday, October 22nd.  That includes any requirement to show vaccination status.  There may be a requirement to show vaccination status when landing from the UK, but anyone I know who has travelled between London and Dublin has said there's very little hassle to this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
On 20/09/2021 at 10:45, Smoked-Glass said:

Anyone hopped on a Ryanair recently? 

 

Just wondering if you gotta take all that pcr stuff or not. 

 

 

No, dont like flying, the whole carry on is a nightmare, checking in etc and now with all the rules, no chance.😕

its a staycation for me like my hoose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/09/2021 at 17:14, Smoked-Glass said:

Decided its too much hassle for just a weekend in the pubs, which then produces another problem.  

 

Will leave it till later when the restriction bugger off or if its just a case of flashing an app thats counts for the whole common British Isles. 

 

Thx 


Fly to Belfast… don’t need anything and plenty flights 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're fully vaccinated and travelling from the UK you don't need a test to enter Ireland. Just just need to fill in a passenger locator form and show it plus your vaccine certificate when you enter the country. I had to do it at border control at the airport. 

 

There's no restrictions coming back into the UK. You don't even need to fill in the UK's passenger locator form. 

 

Or as others day flying to Northern Ireland and driving across the border is even easier in terms of restrictions in that there are none. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smoked-Glass
15 hours ago, Ulysses said:

 

When are you thinking of travelling?  It is planned to remove all remaining restrictions on hospitality on Friday, October 22nd.  That includes any requirement to show vaccination status.  There may be a requirement to show vaccination status when landing from the UK, but anyone I know who has travelled between London and Dublin has said there's very little hassle to this.

I will go after 22nd October so shud be fine. Thanks 

 

Might leave it December or early next year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smoked-Glass
6 hours ago, dtgj said:

If you're fully vaccinated and travelling from the UK you don't need a test to enter Ireland. Just just need to fill in a passenger locator form and show it plus your vaccine certificate when you enter the country. I had to do it at border control at the airport. 

 

There's no restrictions coming back into the UK. You don't even need to fill in the UK's passenger locator form. 

 

Or as others day flying to Northern Ireland and driving across the border is even easier in terms of restrictions in that there are none. 

We haven't got them yet though have we?   

 

I assume this may come in the from of an app.  After which I assume it will be easy to travel. Flash the app like James bond. 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

We haven't got them yet though have we?   

 

I assume this may come in the from of an app.  After which I assume it will be easy to travel. Flash the app like James bond. 😀

Sorry, can't help there. I got my vaccines in England. I thought the Scottish certificates became available when they announced there'd be a use for them? It was just a pdf with a barcode on it for me. They didn't even check the barcode to see if it was legit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

We haven't got them yet though have we?   

 

I assume this may come in the from of an app.  After which I assume it will be easy to travel. Flash the app like James bond. 😀

 

We do have a vaccine certificate, you can download it from the nhs portal (https://vacs.nhs.scot/csp?id=csm_login) or request a paper copy. An app is coming soon as well though, think its due by the end of September.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...