Hibernian Soccerball Franchise.

Leveins Battalion

43 minutes ago, Herbert said:

They have that HSL dont they, I'm sure they will get plenty backing to save the club 🤣

They do. Ron Gordon buried that as soon as he took over. They really do have to have re-think regarding HSL. It's going nowhere, and sadly to many( not all), don't realise it.

If they aren't already they really should be picking the brains of FOH, they have to put aside their dislike of all things Hearts AND LISTEN AND ACT IN THE RIGHT WAY ON WHAT FOH TELL THEM.

More fools them if they don't.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• GinRummy

• martoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The problem with that appointment is all you’ll get is yes men/women who will interact within the club with his son. After all the piss taking they had with Vlad this is starting to look bloody epic. 

49 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Not sure there's any sabotaging going on.  I know for pretty assured fact that Ross told them over a year ago that Porteous and Doig were "very replaceable" and to take any offer.  Essentially, don't let me stop you type stuff.  Can only imagine similar feeling on Nisbett.

Thing is, I don't for a second think they've had any actual offers for these guys.  They maybe made a tit of a possible Nisbett deal trying to milk the market, but the other two - nowt. 

Cos they're shite.  

And there lies the problem.  Easy to talk them up and to work their media darling status to their advantage up here, but as soon as anyone scouts Doig or Porteous properly... well.... see above.

The flaw in their plan is that they have very little sellable.  At the moment, you'd say only Boyle and even then his type is a bit ten a penny down south (not saying he isn't good, just his type of player, and not like he's 22, is common enough really).

And also if that's the big plan, that's a worry.  Of course in our market you need to make the most out of transfer fees - we should do better.  But it shouldn't be THE plan.  That only works if you're classic Ajax or perhaps fashionably these days a Brentford, who either have the conveyor belt or are amazing recruiters.  Not sure Hibs are either of those!!!

I think the problem has been what Ron thinks these players might be worth and the reality. The media has certainly been buying into the the narrative being supplied to them about Doig in particular. There was talk that there had been a reasonable offer on the table for Doig, but  a decision was taken that they should hold out for more. The offer was then withdrawn. It’s certainly strange that they replace a person who has some sort of handle on players  abilities with someone who would appear to have a very limited knowledge in that respect , but who knows about money.  Certainly shades of what started to happen to us latterly under Vlad. When it comes down to it no matter what foreign owners are there for the money they can make out of the club. If that’s not happening they get restless. The January window will be interesting.

Edited by Deevers

Just had a look on hibs.net. Apparently Ian Gordon who’s just been appointed Head of Recruitment won’t be involved in recruitment. 

:rofl: 

On 17/09/2021 at 08:34, adambraejambo said:

Heard some fantasy stuff about increasing our capacity on another thread. Foh should go to Budge/Anderson and ask for a advance of 5 or 6 Million and buy Easter road from Ron. He gets all his cash back and gets a team he can bleed dry. We get some rent at a good yeald on initial investment and also can charge whatever we want if they want to buy it back. We could say ok we bought it for 5M you can have it back for 10M or have it back for 5M minus 4 stands that we will flatten. Have the Hibs fans start their own Foh that saves their club and  pays money directly to us. Over night we would weaken Hibs for generations as they get crowds of 4/5000 max as long as we owned the stadium. As I say fantasy stuff but still a nice thought. 

(Failure to pay rent means a automatic eviction. We can build flats or sell land after we have demolished it)  

Ron doesn't own Easter Road  he just rents it he only bought the ream

10 hours ago, Phage said:

The worrying thing is... Ron makes a healthy whack of millions in profit if they go bust.

Foreign owners with no attachment to the club. Try to hail Mary success in a rigged league, realise its pointless, bugger off and not care a hot about the local fall out. The worrying thing for them is Ron will gobble up the prime real estate on his way out the door. Dear god the Tesco noise from that mob will come back to haunt them.

Will end in tears, guaranteed. 

I think so too. They might have a few more good years, but it’s hard to see how this ends well. 

Still, we’ll see how this plays out. I don’t have too much interest in following their financial situation like they did ours. 

35 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Just had a look on hibs.net. Apparently Ian Gordon who’s just been appointed Head of Recruitment won’t be involved in recruitment. 

:rofl: 

Another first!

53 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

They do. Ron Gordon buried that as soon as he took over. They really do have to have re-think regarding HSL. It's going nowhere, and sadly to many( not all), don't realise it.

If they aren't already they really should be picking the brains of FOH, they have to put aside their dislike of all things Hearts AND LISTEN AND ACT IN THE RIGHT WAY ON WHAT FOH TELL THEM.

More fools them if they don't.

Who, i hope, will tell them to **** off.

wentworth jambo
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I'd gladly quadruple or more my contribution if the money went to buying them and shutting them down

August Landmesser

What's to become of Ron's property portfolio? There's already a big Tesco on Easter Road, as well as a Lidl, and loads of student flats too.

From a selfish point of view a B&Q would be handy there, and they'd only have to repaint the ironwork and stick a roof over the pitch to build it

19 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

That will not happen, and it shouldn't either. 

I don't want Hibs dead. I'm from a mixed family. My late mum and my three sisters and half brother are all Hibs supporters, my late dad and me the Hearts supporters. 

I don't want any onfield success for them, I don't want them dead.

For me personally after being there 01/01/73 ages 9yrs and 8 months, seeing their pain time after time is far more satisfying to me than death. Death is permanent. There is no continuation of pain in death.

Shanks said no
43 minutes ago, gorgieroar said:

Who owns it then?

21 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

I'd gladly quadruple or more my contribution if the money went to buying them and shutting them down

No intention of buying them or doing anything to mess with them.

But i am against our FoH getting involved in talks with any potential hibs equivalent.

Anyway, if it even happens it is a few years down the line so i'll not cancel my subs quite yet :thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth
8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Judging by our record there, we do.

Top answer :lol: 

Does Ron the con have 75% of the shares yet? Anyone know? That's the magic figure when he can do what he likes with that mob and there's nothing they can do about it. 

Leveins Battalion
1 hour ago, gorgieroar said:

No,Ron and his son set up a Company to purchase Hibs (sure they are called Bidvest or something) this included all assets with a floating charge against Easter Road and East Mains,he owns the lot.

portobellojambo1
On 17/09/2021 at 09:10, davie1980 said:

I know the idea of giving them money would be unpalatable to most.

But imagine FoH bailed them out if they were in real turmoil.

:smugger:

Certainly to me it would, as a FOH contributor, plus an individual shareholder, I'd vote against it. There are palatable ways and means of making money but even thinking about buying into Hibs is a definite no no. If they are going to die let them do so off their own steam.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

What's to become of Ron's property portfolio? There's already a big Tesco on Easter Road, as well as a Lidl, and loads of student flats too.

From a selfish point of view a B&Q would be handy there, and they'd only have to repaint the ironwork and stick a roof over the pitch to build it

😂😂 How true. 

Paint the green beams orange and job done. 

Ron the Con is going to reveal himself as Vlad very soon with wee sergi by his side. Laughing as they disappear down the forth on the submarine. 

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂 How true. 

Paint the green beams orange and job done. 

Might not even have to do that if they sold it to Homebase!

Under the floodlight
4 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

B&Q brilliant idea, replace the tools, planks and plugs with useful tools, planks and plugs and increase foot traffic at the same time. Genius.

On 09/10/2021 at 17:14, jonnothejambo said:

Keeping it in the family. 

Just like their support......

Saves time at weddings as they can just merge the Groom and the Father of the Bride speeches.

Guest ToqueJambo

So we appoint a Head of Recruitment from an English Premiership side with a great recruitment record and Hibs appoint the owner's laddie with virtually zero experience and track record in football recruitment and definitely no experience recruiting from mostly Scottish and English teams, which Hibs will always have to do, for this league?

There aren't enough red flags for this. Shades of both Romanov and the Thomsons at D Utd and neither ended well. At least Vlad announced his son and put him in a purely management role. If Gordon just wanted his son to learn the ropes with a view to taking over there are many other ways he could do that. 

If Hibs fans end up with a Romanov type situation after all that happened with us, it would be the biggest HIbsed It yet.

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So we appoint a Head of Recruitment from an English Premiership side with a great recruitment record and Hibs appoint the owner's laddie with virtually zero experience and track record in football recruitment and definitely no experience recruiting from mostly Scottish and English teams, which Hibs will always have to do, for this league?

There aren't enough red flags for this. Shades of both Romanov and the Thomsons at D Utd and neither ended well. At least Vlad announced his son and put him in a purely management role. If Gordon just wanted his son to learn the ropes with a view to taking over there are many other ways he could do that. 

If Hibs fans end up with a Romanov type situation after all that happened with us, it would be the biggest HIbsed It yet.

They've trusted this bloke from day one despite having no idea who he is, holding all their assets, shutting down HSL, trying to punt their best players and firing the (apparently) well thought of recruitment head add in to this mystery some other gezzer is listed as head of recruitment but now the owners son pitches up as head of recruitment. Fair play to Ron he’s got the bams where he wants them. There’s no doubt if Ross doesn’t win a trophy this year Ron the con will punt him and with a bit of luck another relative with the same qualifications as the laddie will appear as their manager.

The Future's Maroon
11 minutes ago, sadj said:

DFE2601A-F556-416B-A467-0E8AA8B0A819.jpeg

Wow, if that’s not a Jambo on the wind-up then jeezus h 😳

Malinga the Swinga
6 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I don't want Hibs dead. I'm from a mixed family. My late mum and my three sisters and half brother are all Hibs supporters, my late dad and me the Hearts supporters. 

For me personally after being there 01/01/73 ages 9yrs and 8 months, seeing their pain time after time is far more satisfying to me than death. Death is permanent. There is no continuation of pain in death.

I want them dead and buried so deep that even these ***** won't be able to crawl from their grave.

I want every one of their deluded support to realise they will never see their club again.

I want them to realise they could have done something about it but instead, they sat back and watched while their club died.

**** Hibs, and **** their supporters.

11 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Isla Smith is a hobo shes quite funny , shes easy as to wind up but usually doesnt take herself seriously

Салатные палочки
14 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

It's a banter page, she's definitely not being serious. 

Edited by Salad Fingers

22 hours ago, martoon said:

Aye. 

Definite parallels there.

As stated earlier, Rods, I'm all for the full monty: admin, liquidation, deid.

Agree with you 100% Would have to insist on the caveat that each stage of this is extremely painful and protracted and just prior to them going round the u-bend that Fish, The Amazing Specky Dw*** Sh******, The Stott boys and Dougry Scott make a hopeless last minute attempt to haul them out of the abyss.

Imagine the dilemma, smack or h1b5  - there'll be only one winner.

Happy days!

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I want them dead and buried so deep that even these ***** won't be able to crawl from their grave.

I want every one of their deluded support to realise they will never see their club again.

I want them to realise they could have done something about it but instead, they sat back and watched while their club died.

**** Hibs, and **** their supporters.

Agreed 👏 X10

The Future's Maroon
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Isla Smith is a hobo shes quite funny , shes easy as to wind up but usually doesnt take herself seriously

Fair play 

11 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Hands of Hibs MKII better be in the planning now. Just like FOH was in the making, due to foresight by intelligent people. 

To the interlopers reading.

Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. 

I humbly suggest you start planning now.

We could always merge. The new team could play in maroon and white at Tynecastle and be called Heart of Midlothian FC just like the deal Wallace Mercer offered them. 🤣

9 hours ago, gorgieroar said:

who owns the real estate there ? Genuine question 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, sadj said:

DFE2601A-F556-416B-A467-0E8AA8B0A819.jpeg

She's tongue in cheek. 

She takes the piss out of hibs a lot and posts stuff lije  that for bites. 

When I was on fb she was the admin for that site. 

She was quite funny at times Tbh. 

Doesn't take herself seriously. 

2 hours ago, Deid Heid said:

Agree with you 100% Would have to insist on the caveat that each stage of this is extremely painful and protracted and just prior to them going round the u-bend that Fish, The Amazing Specky Dw*** Sh******, The Stott boys and Dougry Scott make a hopeless last minute attempt to haul them out of the abyss.

Imagine the dilemma, smack or h1b5  - there'll be only one winner.

Happy days!

Aye, DH.

Long, drawn out, with maximum angst, tears and turmoil first, then deid. 

A bit like 1990 but with a different ending.

58 minutes ago, martoon said:

Aye, DH.

Long, drawn out, with maximum angst, tears and turmoil first, then deid. 

A bit like 1990 but with a different ending.

Oh yes, who doesn't love a Happy Ending!

Geoff Kilpatrick

I wish there was some sort of snippet you could hover over that tells you why a thread is bumped because curiosity will make you take a peek. Then you find out there is nothing of interest.

So just to summarise:

Dempster left

Mathie got the boot but they didn't really say why then they appoint someone with no experience but on the grounds of he's the chairman's son

They rejected bids of approx. 3.5m for Doig, 2m for Nisbet and 1m for Porteous but nobody actually bid for them

At the start of the pandemic they laughed in our face to only mothball the academy, sack staff and cut wages when the going gets tough but then spent money on players.

But it doesn't seem to be picked up by the media? Oh and they've got nice big screens 

12 hours ago, TheBigO said:

have the conveyor belt or are amazing recruiters.  Not sure Hibs are either of those!!!

Especially not now that they've binned their academy

13 hours ago, John Findlay said:

It certainly bloody should!

Many hibs fans wanted Hearts to die and some of them actively tried to make it happen. FoH should offer absolutely no help, advice or encouragement to any hibs fans in setting up and running any sort of similar endeavour. If approached, FoH should simply respond that they're fully focused on ensuring the continuing success of FoH and that any problems Hibs and their fans have are entirely their own problems to deal with. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, jambo19 said:

So just to summarise:

Dempster left

Mathie got the boot but they didn't really say why then they appoint someone with no experience but on the grounds of he's the chairman's son

They rejected bids of approx. 3.5m for Doig, 2m for Nisbet and 1m for Porteous but nobody actually bid for them

At the start of the pandemic they laughed in our face to only mothball the academy, sack staff and cut wages when the going gets tough but then spent money on players.

But it doesn't seem to be picked up by the media? Oh and they've got nice big screens 

Gordon is like Vlad without the high class signings, splitting the OF and winning trophies (and in the interest of balance, administration - yet):

Unclear motives for buying the club

Believes "speculate to accumulate" is a viable strategy 

"Link up" with a far inferior team (Charleston Battery) where a number of random players turn up to training at Hibs (what happened to that much trumpeted partnership when two random players arrived in Edinburgh and none going the other way it seems? That was his son's doing as well)

Currying favour with the fans with shiny things (big screens and improved social media/comms, although the latter is debatable). In our case it was a model of a stand and some fireworks

Neglecting the youth academy (actually has gone further than Vlad in that respect already)

Key staff leaving for unclear reasons

Bringing in his "own people" including relatives - wonder if Chick Young will call them "henchmen" as he did with Vlad

Wanting full control and limited fan input

Believes Scottish football can change (Gordon will find out soon enough who really runs Scottish football)

Believes he can split the OF (we actually did it)

Players dropped mysteriously during transfer speculation

When he finally cottons on to how the OF run the game here and how speculate to accumulate won't work, that's when he'll no doubt lose interest. The main difference with Vlad is while Vlad was on his own ranting about the state of Scottish football, Gordon is at least working with other clubs (mostly his American cronies) but the result will be the same. The D Utd guy has been open about wanting to make money from his involvement with D Utd. The other Americans will be the same - they're brought up that way. When Gordon and the others realise they won't....

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It certainly bloody should!

Many hibs fans wanted Hearts to die and some of them actively tried to make it happen. FoH should offer absolutely no help, advice or encouragement to any hibs fans in setting up and running any sort of similar endeavour. If approached, FoH should simply respond that they're fully focused on ensuring the continuing success of FoH and that any problems Hibs and their fans have are entirely their own problems to deal with. 

I would absolutely help Hibs survive. We literally have the best rivals in football. That's something to be treasured.

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I would absolutely help Hibs survive. We literally have the best rivals in football. That's something to be treasured.

INCOMING!!!🧨