Frail's gone! (merged threads)

Jam Tarts 1874

maltese jambo

aye just read it now. close the door behind you pal.

Jam Tarts 1874

For those who can't follow the link:

Stephen Frail leaves Hearts

Heart of Midlothian Football Club (Hearts) today (Wednesday 9th July) announces that caretaker manager Stephen Frail has left the club by mutual consent.

Stephen had managed the first team on an interim basis over the last six months, having previously held the position of assistant coach and U19 coach since his appointment in October 2004.

As a former Hearts player, having appeared 66 times for the Edinburgh football club, Stephen will always be welcome at Tynecastle, and leaves Hearts with everyone's best wishes for the future.

Hearts will make an announcement on the appointment of a new football manager shortly.

Chad Sexington

Nice guy.

Crap head coach.

I wish him well though.

Hopefully this means an announcement is getting closer.

ToadKiller Dog

Shaggy is just not ment to wear a suit.

Good luck to him where ever he ends up.

scott_jambo
For those who can't follow the link:

Stephen Frail leaves Hearts

Heart of Midlothian Football Club (Hearts) today (Wednesday 9th July) announces that caretaker manager Stephen Frail has left the club by mutual consent.

Stephen had managed the first team on an interim basis over the last six months, having previously held the position of assistant coach and U19 coach since his appointment in October 2004.

As a former Hearts player, having appeared 66 times for the Edinburgh football club, Stephen will always be welcome at Tynecastle, and leaves Hearts with everyone's best wishes for the future.

Hearts will make an announcement on the appointment of a new football manager shortly.

:cool:

Really feel for the guy - he was way out of his depth. Good "Hearts" man, not such a great coach.

I find the last line of the article interesting though....

Father Tiresias

Frail should have walked out months ago with his head held high instead of metaphorically being shown the back door.

Jam Tarts 1874
Really feel for the guy - he was way out of his depth. Good "Hearts" man, not such a great coach.

Felt sorry for him too. He never looked happy about being put in charge, just not for him I suppose. I saw him up close a lot at reserve matches this year, he looked haunted. Only saw him laugh once when he was having a joke about sharing some sweets with some of Celtic's coaching staff.

Good luck to him, I hope he finds a position that suits his style.

josey wales

A good man parachuted into a shambolic situation.

Thanks for all of your efforts Steve.

We_are_the_Hearts

An announcement soon....................hopefully!! Wonder how busy the phoneline will be...........will I need to wait in a queue to renew?:)

Great coach

Rubbish manager

but above all else good Hearts man

Jam Tarts 1874
I bet the new manager signed today.

Better not say that. If it doesn't happen today it will be another broken promise! :)

Good luck to him, thrown in at the deep end and did the best he could with what he had, I think he will make a good coach/manager one day given time.....

Improved the team

Got us up the league from when he took over

The first coach to take us up the league since Burley

The only line of football communication between the squad and the fans all season

Not the right man for the job permanently

And, played the role of scapegoat far to readily.

All the best, use your learned lessons wisely

Drylaw Hearts
I think your probably right.

Anyway it now official the Jan 1st statement is/was a lye.;)

:)

We_are_the_Hearts

I bet you are putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5.......................unless you can reveal and we will find out soon enough?

Guest Maroon Carpet
Great coach

Rubbish manager

but above all else good Hearts man

He was never allowed to manage, so I think that statement is unfair.

Guest JamboRobbo

Best of luck in the future Shaggy.

:food-smiley-004:

Oh, and I wonder if "shortly" means the same in HMFC world as it does to me - in the next few hours?!

Boab Mugabe

Logic and reasoning would have you believe we have a management team signed and ready to go if Frail got his jotters today.

However, logic and Hearts...

Stayed too long IMO.

Should never have been treated like that by Hearts/Vlad... made the fall guy by a bunch of spineless 'yes' men.

Was a decent coach and had a lot of success with bringing the young lads through... I hope he gets a decent position at a club soon... it's the very least he deserves.

Who'll replace Stevie now?.... will he speak English?

I fear we're going to turn into a eurotrash club.

I think your probably right.

Anyway it now official the Jan 1st statement is/was a lye.;)

Was just a motiviational tool to keep Frail motivated and with a line and hook in his mouth

So, a lie, and proof that the regime at Hearts will manipulate people with nothing more than meaningless words.

Billy the Jambo

I hope he lets rip on the mad one tonight on talk 107 .Crap manager but didnt desrve to be treated like a piece of dog dirt that the mad one stood on

The Future's Maroon

I personally think Frail done his best - yes maybe not what we expected or what was good enough, but in the circumstances he done alright and tried....which cant be said for some at the club.

All the best Shaggy.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Great player.

Used up and spat out by Romanov as a coach. Disgracefully treated as just another patsy.

Good luck in the future Stevie.

Good riddance to you stevie!... you never helped yourself with your constant I picked the team and the selection of billy elliot. you were out yer depth and I have no sympathy, you should have came clean to the supporters if there was problems behind the scenes if you had any feelings for the club, you never, now hold your silence.

Vlad, roll on the next manager of HMFC

lambojambo

Does this mean that we will never again have to listen to the "Calum is a promising talent" dross?

Think it is irrelevant to be honest, i posted weeks ago that SF was told that he was to be sacked.

Although judging by VR's attitude yesterday in his interview i think he has got his man.

I thought Frail handled the hottest seat in Scottish (if not British) football very well under (at times) desperate circumstances.

Have to laugh at some folk on here who seem to think they are an authority on the game of football, giving him pelters regarding his coaching/managerial abilities. The guy never applied for the job FFS, give him a break!!!

Have a think back to the opening game of the season and remind yourselves of the way he was practically exploding with frustration, you could see the passion in the man and the feeling he has for the club.

I can't recall Frail waxing lyrical about his own abilities at any point, he just got stuck in and got on with it to the best of his abilities (probably with one hand tied behind his back) and I sincerely hope that he goes on to make a name for himself in the game.

It's well known that he has a look on kickback from time to time so all the best Stevie Frail, thank you for your efforts.

No Nonsense

Definately stood his ground for too long, but the man cannot be faulted for his effort and commitment despite the adverse surroundings. Cheers for everything shaggy...

siegementality

Another one used and abused by this regime.

Good luck Stevie, your constant defence of Clum was your biggest mistake in my eyes.

How much would Stevie have been on salary wise ?

He was involved with one of the best teams in the land, doing what he loves to do and getting paid for it. At times, not unlike any other line of work, he maybe had to stand back and even bite his lip as the direction taken went against the grain ................but some folk wanted him to simply walk away from that 'to show he was a man' .............strokers :sad:

Oh by the way, I thought he was gash never the less :P

Why all the concern for Frail, Alec Smith gave him praise in his comments about the Romanov comments. There must be a line up of teams who have just been waiting for this opportunity, so that they can now hire him.

All the best Shaggy.

He did his best in a difficult situation and deserved better than the treatment he recieved from Romanov.

Drylaw Hearts
All the best Shaggy.

He did his best in a difficult situation and deserved better than the treatment he recieved from Romanov.

Agreed.

Not convinced he had a fair crack at the whip, good luck finding a new club. I personally wish all the best.

Pants Shaton

From the Scotsman today:

Romanov described Frail's promotion last season as something that did not work out as planned. "In the end that didn't bring any good result," he said. "We nearly fell into the lower league."

If that is genuinely Romanov's assessment of Frail's tenure then it worries me. We were 11th in the league before frail was given the 'caretaker manager' role; our form following that was the best outwith the Old Firm.

Just another example of managing to find blame everywhere but where it really lies.

Frail was not good enough to be Hearts manager but he leaves with my best wishes.

From the Scotsman today:

If that is genuinely Romanov's assessment of Frail's tenure then it worries me. We were 11th in the league before frail was given the 'caretaker manager' role; our form following that was the best outwith the Old Firm.

Just another example of managing to find blame everywhere but where it really lies.

Frail was not good enough to be Hearts manager but he leaves with my best wishes.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=20585

:)

Archived