HELP OR ADVICE NEEDED

frank skinner

frank skinner

a young girl in our place bought a car from her now x boyfriends brother.she handed over all her savings plus her run around.when she went home last night she had a letter from a repo car company asking her to get in touch asap.she phones the number this am and finds that the guy she bought the car from 6 month ago still owes finance on it and the are looking to track this guy down.they want her to fill in credit forms ect or they said they will come and remove the car from her house as they cant track this guy down.

should she get the police

as she bought and registered the car can they just take it.

she is in a flood of tears and had to be sent home.

I think the car is legally still the finance firms, i would call in the police though, the boyfriend has committed fraud, tell her to use the autotrader site next time and for ?20 they will check if the car has been written off or has hp on it, hope it works out for her

Until the finance is payed off the finance company has the right to reposess the car, regardless of who owns it. The guy she bought it from should still be paying the finance however if he cancelled the direct debit then she may be in a spot of bother :(

Guest S.U.S.S.

Tell her to park the car a few streets away, so its at least not sitting where they can get it.

Until things are sorted out at least.

Looks like no car or money. She should just tell him where her X stays and the can get the brother through him...

Brian Whittaker's Tache

She's ****ed!! The geezer didnt own the car he was selling. He's committed fraud.

I can have the geezer kneecapped if she wants her money back

The moral of this story is always HPI used car and bike purchases even from a dealer

Archived