Ned jailed for 15 months after attacking hearts fan

22games nro

The twat who assaulted the hearts fan at the Motherwell game was jailed for 15 months, very pleasing 

Just now, 22games nro said:

The twat who assaulted the hearts fan at the Motherwell game was jailed for 15 months, very pleasing 

Just to add

A yob has been jailed for 15 months after a brutal assault left a young football fanwith a shattered jaw. 

Hearts supporter Darren Manson was attacked by Motherwell hooligans as he walked to a train station with his mum after a game.

A court heard today that Scott Notman joined in the "stramash" and punched the 22-year-old in the face. 

The dad of three then bragged: "That's how it's done, boys, that's how it's done."

Notman, 46, admitted assaulting Darren to his severe injury, permanent disfigurement and impairment on August 16, 2019.

Abby Seal, prosecuting, told Hamilton Sheriff Court that Darren and his mum were walking towards the train station when they were surrounded by a group of 'Well fans in an underpass.

She stated: "They were abusive, but Darren and his mum tried to ignore them.

"Darren was pushed against a wall by one male and his mum lashed out to try to push a second youth away.

"A third male then punched Darren twice on the face, causing him to stumble.

"After this he was punched again on the head and body.

"The accused Notman observed the assault, ran towards Darren from behind and punched him on the face.

"He shouted towards the group of males 'That's how it's done, boys, that's how it's done'."

Darren was in "a great deal of pain" but he and Nicky made it to the train station and then to hospital.

The fiscal added: "His worst injuries have been mental in nature. He has suffered depression and has had suicidal thoughts."

Notman was arrested after being caught on CCTV running into the underpass. He admitted what he'd done to his partner and made Facebook posts about the incident.

Defence agent Eddie Robertson said 'Well fan Notman was not at the game that night and didn't know the youths who instigated the attack.

The lawyer told Sheriff Thomas Millar: "He was attracted by a stramash in the underpass.

"He says the young Hearts fan was pumped up, but accepts there was no provocation and his was a disgraceful act."

It was suggested he could pay a compensation order.

But Sheriff Millar said only prison was appropriate for the “totally unprovoked” attack.

He told Notman: “I sincerely hope Motherwell FC, if that is the team you profess to support, are aware of this and don’t facilitate your entrance to that ground again.”

Ron Burgundy

If it had not been football related I'm pretty certain he's have got a suspended sentence or community service.

Should have got longer IMO.

A_A wehatethehibs

To be fair he’s won a watch, the jail will be like a luxury hotel for him compared to living in Motherwell 

bigsuperslim1874
6 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Just to add

A yob has been jailed for 15 months after a brutal assault left a young football fanwith a shattered jaw. 

Hearts supporter Darren Manson was attacked by Motherwell hooligans as he walked to a train station with his mum after a game.

A court heard today that Scott Notman joined in the "stramash" and punched the 22-year-old in the face. 

The dad of three then bragged: "That's how it's done, boys, that's how it's done."

Notman, 46, admitted assaulting Darren to his severe injury, permanent disfigurement and impairment on August 16, 2019.

Abby Seal, prosecuting, told Hamilton Sheriff Court that Darren and his mum were walking towards the train station when they were surrounded by a group of 'Well fans in an underpass.

"Darren was pushed against a wall by one male and his mum lashed out to try to push a second youth away.

"The accused Notman observed the assault, ran towards Darren from behind and punched him on the face.

"He shouted towards the group of males 'That's how it's done, boys, that's how it's done'."

Darren was in "a great deal of pain" but he and Nicky made it to the train station and then to hospital.

The fiscal added: "His worst injuries have been mental in nature. He has suffered depression and has had suicidal thoughts."

Notman was arrested after being caught on CCTV running into the underpass. He admitted what he'd done to his partner and made Facebook posts about the incident.

Defence agent Eddie Robertson said 'Well fan Notman was not at the game that night and didn't know the youths who instigated the attack.

The lawyer told Sheriff Thomas Millar: "He was attracted by a stramash in the underpass.

"He says the young Hearts fan was pumped up, but accepts there was no provocation and his was a disgraceful act."

But Sheriff Millar said only prison was appropriate for the “totally unprovoked” attack.

He told Notman: “I sincerely hope Motherwell FC, if that is the team you profess to support, are aware of this and don’t facilitate your entrance to that ground again.”

WHAT. He was probably scared for himself and his mum whilst being set-upon by a gang FFS. I’d be pretty ‘pumped up’ if it was me.

Glad the Scumbag got done. And to attack from behind too…a cowardly scumbag. Funnily enough - the only time I’ve been skelped in over 30 years of going to the footy was at Fir Park….by a gang. Sounds like nothing has changed.

Edited by bigsuperslim1874

What an utter cretin. Glad he was jailed too often these things are brushed off. All the other little tits involved deserved jail too. 

Forever Hearts
17 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

WHAT. He was probably scared for himself and his mum whilst being set-upon by a gang FFS. I’d be pretty ‘pumped up’ if it was me.

Glad the Scumbag got done. And to attack from behind too…a cowardly scumbag. Funnily enough - the only time I’ve been skelped in over 30 years of going to the footy was at Fir Park….by a gang. Sounds like nothing has changed.

Same as me. I got booted right in the nuts as an 11 year old at Fir Park when we were both in the 1st Division in 1982. 

4 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

State of the ***** 

FB_IMG_1628767257949.jpg

To think that some of the wee dicks he was with look up to someone like that is pathetic.   

Right now he will be sitting in a cell with his erchie sweating.  

StevenNaismith

I believe he got a different kind of justice served on him by a few Hearts fans shortly after this incident. Glad he’s now been jailed and a wee bit of justice for Darren and Nicky.

25 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Just to add

The thug should have had both a prison sentence and a compensation order.

Hope someone has told the lad that despite this ruling, that he would be eligible to make a claim under the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/criminal-injuries-compensation-authority

Jeffros Furios
18 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I believe he got a different kind of justice served on him by a few Hearts fans shortly after this incident. Glad he’s now been jailed and a wee bit of justice for Darren and Nicky.

I do hope this is true. 

Imagine waiting in an underpass to attack a boy and his mum heading home. Bet a stream of groups of hearts fans wondered passed as they shat themselves waiting for an easy opportunity to act like we wanna be casuals. Quite a sad and pathetic story. Hopefully some retribution dished out next time hearts are through. Scumbags 

22 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Same as me. I got booted right in the nuts as an 11 year old at Fir Park when we were both in the 1st Division in 1982. 

If it was the 2-2 game, aye, they were up for it that day. Bit of bother at the station.

Lone Striker
8 minutes ago, Beni said:

Are you a prison expert?

Maybe you're a prison guard, do you have any particular expertise in guarding walls?

:gok:

Mars plastic
53 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

State of the ***** 

FB_IMG_1628767257949.jpg

That Dressers is quite a good read and snapshot of 80's football casuals, fashion and club scene. 

unless someone inside recognises this idiot and is a crazy hearts fan dishing out a bit of retribution, then I'd say it's unlikely he'll be involved in any altercations.

Pople like him are cowards and don't have the guts to have a go at anyone whilst on their own. It'll be head down & avoid eye contact for 18 months. or the three months he'll probs end up doing before early release for 'good behaviour'

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

What about the other wee dicks. Picking on a guy walking with his mum🤦‍♂️ For **** sake absolute pussies 

Probably ignored the Hearts casuals lads and waited for an easy soft target of shirters and scarfers. How brave. Let's hope what goes around comes around, KARMA.   HHGH

jambogirlglasgow
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

If it had not been football related I'm pretty certain he's have got a suspended sentence or community service.

Eh, no he wouldn’t have. 

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Liberty taking prick.....

Forever Hearts
38 minutes ago, Boab said:

If it was the 2-2 game, aye, they were up for it that day. Bit of bother at the station.

It was that very game.👍

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

I hope and pray that's true. 🙏🤞

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

It was that very game.👍

Aye, they came round after it and there was a bit of scuffling, culminating in a wee stramash  at the station. Arseholes had blades !

Forever Hearts
16 minutes ago, Boab said:

Aye, they came round after it and there was a bit of scuffling, culminating in a wee stramash  at the station. Arseholes had blades !

And to rub salt into the wounds we missed out on promotion by one point. 

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

And to rub salt into the wounds we missed out on promotion by one point. 

Well, the last game at Tynecastle was when the tables were turned let’s say !

46 years old and still wanting to be a casual. Wonder if he’ll be allowed his stone island cap in barlinnie. 😂😂😂😂😂

Fitzroy Pointon
48 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

That Dressers is quite a good read and snapshot of 80's football casuals, fashion and club scene. 

It is decent but how come none of these "firms" ever lost a fight? Someone must have lost one somewhere along the line. 

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

Hope this is true. Also hope he has a similar welcome awaiting him at whatever one of her maj’s hotels he’ll be residing at. ****ing shitebag. 

Fitzroy Pointon

46 year old attacking a 22 year old :facepalm:. Probably got a son the same age as his victim. What am I saying? Look at state of him, most definitely still lives with his maw. 

John Findlay
2 hours ago, 22games nro said:

Personally should have been 15 years. He will be out between 3-5 months.

Psychedelicropcircle
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Very pleasing .. dumb *****. Hope he gets it tight in prison 

:oohmatron:

loveofthegame

Everything about this story makes me angry:

- gang picking on a random guy with his mum

- unprovoked attack

- 46 year old

- the cheapest of cheap shots by running in and smacking him from behind

The whole group should have been done, not just the guy who threw the punch that did the damage. Absolute ***m every single one of them, but especially the guy who is old enough to be a grandad.

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

State of the ***** 

FB_IMG_1628767257949.jpg

Stone Island... why am I not surprised. 

Uniform of kiddy-on hard men.

22 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

46 years old and still wanting to be a casual. Wonder if he’ll be allowed his fake stone island cap from the barras in barlinnie. 😂😂😂😂😂

FTFY

Just now, Tazio said:

FTFY

😂 incredible stuff eh. Feel really sorry for the young guy that got hit but it has outed mr notman as a completely *****.

millerjames398
2 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Stone Island... why am I not surprised. 

Uniform of kiddy-on hard men.

Looks like a fake one at that..poundland casual😂🇱🇻

The Apprentice

"Notman, 46"

:cornette:

Not only that but the ultimate cowards act to attack someone from behind, and after the laddie had already taken a few dull ones. 

Can guarantee he won't be as bullish over the next few months that's for sure. 

Ronald Villiers
33 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

46 year old attacking a 22 year old :facepalm:. Probably got a son the same age as his victim. What am I saying? Look at state of him, most definitely still lives with his maw. 

Mate, he's from Motherwell.  His son's probably 36.  And his daughter's his wee sister!