Shankland to Belgium.

Tazio

I could have sworn I posted this a few minutes ago but it’s nowhere to be seen. 
Anyway, at the risk of another frenzy over him coming to Hearts Lawrence Shankland has been given permission to travel to Belgium to have signing talks with Beershot over there. 

drumie jambo
6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Anyway, at the risk of another frenzy over him coming to Hearts Lawrence Shankland has been given permission to travel to Belgium to have signing talks with Beershot over there. 

Jesus that's hardly a big move for him. Expect to not see him in a Scotland shirt anytime soon.

12 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Lost interest in Shankland signing for us when I heard Messi was leaving Barcelona 😁

😂😂

been here before
7 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Good, we can put that one out our minds.

Until he scores a goal thrn the Shankland nut huggers will be out again.

Although mote likely theyll be swarming with 'why dont we sign him' on the back of this.

McGlynn The Money
23 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Maybe deleted for WAFFLING...

26 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Supposed to be a £1mill transfer. 

Wonder if there's a sell on clause being added ? 

Fee is ok considering he's in the last year of his contract, helps Utd out with their finances which are supposed to be horrific. 

For Shankland - i think it's a smart move. Gives him a chance to experience a different scene and hopefully improve as a player with one eye on his next move/trying to get back into the Scotland National team. 

Just now, Mysterion said:

Supposed to be a £1mill transfer. 

Wonder if there's a sell on clause being added ? 

Fee is ok considering he's in the last year of his contract, helps Utd out with their finances which are supposed to be horrific. 

For Shankland - i think it's a smart move. Gives him a chance to experience a different scene and hopefully improve as a player with one eye on his next move/trying to get back into the Scotland National team. 

Not that smart a move as they are bottom of the league so he could find himself in the Belgian 2nd tier next season potentially. 

Huge missed opportunity for 8 league goals again this season :seething:

TBH, no idea why a thread about Shankland is even required!

Failed in the Top league. Would probably have failed at Hearts. Very lucky to get £1 million for him. I’d get that right into another bank account before they ask for it back !!

Edited by JimmyCant

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Not that smart a move as they are bottom of the league so he could find himself in the Belgian 2nd tier next season potentially. 

3 games into a season man... are you writing them off/relegating them early or because of Shankland ? :lol:

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Huge missed opportunity for 8 league goals again this season :seething:

TBH, no idea why a thread about Shankland is even required!

It’s a good point, if there was one for everyone we’ve been wrongly linked with this summer there would be hundreds of pointless threads 😆

22 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Mental money to spend on a guy that's scored 8 goals in the SPL. It's make or break for him over there. 

Think its due to lack of Scottish strikers, anyone who scores more than 10 goals in Championship is heralded as the next Ronaldo.  Reality is he would probably score a load of tap ins for Rangers and Celtic, any other team in the league where chances are much rarer he would struggle. Glad he's not coming our way.

34 minutes ago, Tazio said:

After 3 games, which is likely why Beerschot need a proven goal scorer.  Belgium is strange; a 16 team A Division and a 8 team B Division.  

A pedant writes: a silly fact is that those Belgian teams that play with purple in their colours is due to them originating from the RC church (Anderlecht is another).  The other thing that bugs me is that Brugge is pronounced Broogga and not Brooj (Bruge) which is the French pronunciation of its Flemish name, much as Anvers is the French name for Antwerp.

22 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

After 3 games, which is likely why Beerschot need a proven goal scorer.  Belgium is strange; a 16 team A Division and a 8 team B Division.  

A pedant writes: a silly fact is that those Belgian teams that play with purple in their colours is due to them originating from the RC church (Anderlecht is another).  The other thing that bugs me is that Brugge is pronounced Broogga and not Brooj (Bruge) which is the French pronunciation of its Flemish name, much as Anvers is the French name for Antwerp.

Your pedantry was much more interesting than anything to do with Shankland.

Just think what we could have gotten if we'd told them about Sammon. Untapped sales market is the Belgium league from the look of things.

Guest ToqueJambo

Loaned to us in January, nap. You can be sure Robbie will keep in touch. Not that I'm fussed. He's still too unproven to be spending that much money on him.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
21 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Maybe deleted for WAFFLING...

Are we signing Waffling instead? No videos on you tube but ... could d a job?

SuperstarSteve

I was convinced Robbie had this one done dusted. I was wrong. 

Would’ve liked him at tynie but not to be, it is what it is. 

Footballfirst

United will only get half of any transfer fee, but they will save a good bit on wages.

Shankland's agent had negotiated a great deal with United. £4,250 a week, with the player entitled to 40% of any transfer fee received and his agent 10%.

jamboinglasgow
22 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Mental money to spend on a guy that's scored 8 goals in the SPL. It's make or break for him over there. 

Not as mad as you may think. If you look at another Scottish player who has recently gone over to Belgium, Jack Hendry. He went on loan there last season when everyone had thought he was hopeless despite looking good earlier in his career. He plays in Belgium and has a great season, being seen as one of the best centre backs in the league, his Belgium team have signed him this summer for just over £1m from Celtic and its expected they will make a good profit from him (they even sell him this summer as some EPL teams were sniffing around him.)

So  Beerschot may view him as an undervalued player (I know that sounds odd when they have paid less than £500k plus add ons) relative to his ability that they can develop and sell on at a profit.

He has went over there the team he has went to have a partnership with Sheffield United. They don't get promotion this year and will have to sell players no doubt Shankland will end up there. 

I heard Sheffield Utd were having issues with money would think they would need to sell and cut back. 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

Jambo 4 Ever
4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

United will only get half of any transfer fee, but they will save a good bit on wages.

Shankland's agent had negotiated a great deal with United. £4,250 a week, with the player entitled to 40% of any transfer fee received and his agent 10%.

How do you know all this?

not doubting you do ofcourse but just wondered?

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

A friend of a friend of course. :whistling:

I posted those numbers on here in discussions about Shankland last year.  Mark Ogren pushed the boat out in order to get United promoted. That's part of the reason for the losses they have incurred over the last couple of years.

rudi must stay
22 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Meh. Wasn't convinced I wanted I him at Hearts anyway. 

I didn't want him there at all. Dundee United are a disgrace 

2 hours ago, Norm said:

He'll do average, they'll get relegated, moves to Tynie next summer for an undisclosed fee. 

If he does average and contributes to a relegation why would we want him? 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

If he does average and contributes to a relegation why would we want him? 🤷‍♂️

No idea. But he was average last season and there was a whole host of folk saying we should sign him. Personally, if he was a free or low cost fee, and would be willing to take half of what he's reportedly on just now, I'd not complain but other than that, I'd not be spending any decent sums on him. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Good for him trying something new. Still confused why he chose to stay in the Scottish Championship though when he could have got a similar move a few years ago. Has one season to really prove himself at a half decent level IMO.

On another note the D Utd owner must be spewing. All the chat about Shankland being worth £2-3m not that long ago and they end up making what 100k or so given they paid a large fee for him and paid him high wages?

Ha. Ha. Speculating to accumulate isn't so easy is it, as Ron Gordon is also learning.

Doctor FinnBarr
5 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I'm honestly not surprised you don't know considering you need recommendations of where to eat in Paisley (in a cafe of course) or where to park at Tynie (parking space within walking distance).

Greedy Jambo

We were never going to pay money for him, or anyone really. 

Think the deal is £450,000 going up to 1M if he hits certain targets. 

Siphiwe Tshabalala

My mate used to be the manager of Beerschot, pretty sure the owner has a bit of cash and they have a link/links with a club in England.

Think he will end up in the EFL if he puts the goals away.

10 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

He has went over there the team he has went to have a partnership with Sheffield United. They don't get promotion this year and will have to sell players no doubt Shankland will end up there. 

I heard Sheffield Utd were having issues with money would think they would need to sell and cut back. 

This is not easy to follow.

🧐

4 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

My mate used to be the manager of Beerschot, pretty sure the owner has a bit of cash and they have a link/links with a club in England.

sheffield utd 

9 hours ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Yeah that’s what I said earlier on . A couple of seasons with the team in Belgium , Sheffield United fans are not happy they have not spend any money and think there is some issue . They will sell some of there players on big wage and bring In Shankland he will be like Dykes at QPR for them.

Edited by Stu_HMFC