Thomas Courts at Dundee Utd.

CostaJambo

Interesting article from the BBC. I love seeing smart, young, ambitious guys getting a big chance in their career, whether in football or otherwise. Time will tell how good he is at managing an SPL club but he certainly comes across well. Anyone have any past experience with him to relate?

Dundee Utd: Thomas Courts on 'collateral damage', karaoke & buying the coffees - BBC Sport

Lone Striker

Heard a short interview with him on the radio last week.   He sounded a bit more coherent than Cathro, although he did say  something about "continuing with our work".   🙄  Must be a Tannadice thing.  😏     

48 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Interesting article from the BBC. I love seeing smart, young, ambitious guys getting a big chance in their career, whether in football or otherwise. Time will tell how good he is at managing an SPL club but he certainly comes across well. Anyone have any past experience with him to relate?

Dundee Utd: Thomas Courts on 'collateral damage', karaoke & buying the coffees - BBC Sport

Played against him and his brother for years at Kelty. Was a half decent centre half at that level, nothing more. Crazy to think he just got the better of Steven Gerrard 🤯 

4 hours ago, lou said:

I keep thinking of the Butcher's, not sure if there's a connection

Yes, tam courts the butcher (big jambo btw) will be his great uncle.

25 minutes ago, Pete--HMFC said:

Yes, tam courts the butcher (big jambo btw) will be his great uncle.

Thought there would be a connection, brilliant butcher and glad to hear a Jambo too 😁

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Hes done tremendously well to get that job from the academy and previously kelty hearts manager. Good luck to him, he's had a vision and built from the ground up. I'd have robbie any day of the week though and I suspect united know they lost a gem when we got him back.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, DS98 said:

Played against him and his brother for years at Kelty. Was a half decent centre half at that level, nothing more. Crazy to think he just got the better of Steven Gerrard 🤯 

Has to be remembered Gerrard is still a pretty inexperienced manager and will still have some doubts about his own ability, even if he doesn't admit it. He may think his team just has too turn up domestically after last season. So it's great that some doubts will have been sown so soon this season. He might start overthinking some domestic games and that could bite him in the arse. Could be a really interesting season.

Cathro (terrible manager for us, but clearly a good assistant coach) was afforded no grace from the media before he even had his first game. Had the Current Buns demolished them today you'd think Fatty Boyd would be all over it... I do think it will still happen. At the time Hearts were doing good things off the pitch so we were deemed persona non grata. 

That all said, hope United finish in the play off place. 

Played up against him several times in the juniors.  Didn't always get much change from him but scored and won there last time i played at kelty for crossgates. His brother Conrad played there as well.  Gave me a dead leg that day which felt like he had snapped my femur at the time