Celtic fan in the Hearts End ??

dannymack

gordon simpson

remember a game were a crowd of celtic had managed to get into the old stand 

they sat quiet for most the game , then Hearts scored a few gave themselves away by shouting abuse at ref .

Well they got attacked from all angles one ran into the press box and was beaten in front of   Archie MacPherson

the rest were booted out the stand and I will always remember one of the Tim  shouting at a steward you should never have let us in here , lol the good auld days .

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dannymack

• sadj

• martoon

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

millerjames398
4 hours ago, dannymack said:

I remember when I was a pup, the first few Rangers games I attended there was lots of trouble, League Cup Semi 82 and a few games when we were in the Premier, unless I missed any of it I can barely remember any fan violence against celtic apart from the Cup tie in 83 that is until after May 86. From then on in the bar was raised and that lot met their match with countless pitched battles at Parkhead on the waste ground where our buses were parked. 

Again there seemed to be a lul in disorder on the streets until the early 00's when it seemed every man and their dog came out for celtic especially at Tynecastle.

Haymarket was a battlefield on more than a few occasions.

I remember after the new years gam we lost 3-2, mcmanus scoring that last minute winner, there was a stampede from the boys in section N, trying to get at them, down the side streets goin up gorgie towards haymarket, loads of police horses and vans keepin the hearts fans away from them, gettin the bus home from haymarket, goin along corstorphine, loads of hearts fans gettin the pat down by the police all the way along, madness..still the most gutted ive been after a game though🤬😂🇱🇻

6 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

A couple of those battles were thrillingly terrifying. 

Most of these battles were just thrilling.

Thrillingly thrilling... tell me more, were you one of those urchins who got pepper sprayed in the puss by the panic strickened police officers who were struggling to keep control ? 

I remember a thriller at the Roseburn Bar, our car got stopped just at the lights as the baying mob gestured to the tic fans to come ahead, a wee 5 minute brawl erupted just were Tesco is now opposite the bar. 

5 hours ago, martoon said:

Aye.

March 83 at Parkhead was quite a day. Remember a bit of agg at Ibrox in 1982 but the Celtic tie was something else entirely. 

I was 14 that season. 😊

Just at the right age to make your own decisions.... 

1, Do I get involved

2, Do I pretend to get involved 😁

4 hours ago, gordon simpson said:

remember a game were a crowd of celtic had managed to get into the old stand 

they sat quiet for most the game , then Hearts scored a few gave themselves away by shouting abuse at ref .

Well they got attacked from all angles one ran into the press box and was beaten in front of   Archie MacPherson

the rest were booted out the stand and I will always remember one of the Tim  shouting at a steward you should never have let us in here , lol the good auld days .

Self entitled pricks think they can swan around entering home ends whenever,  wherever they want, cretins shouldn't underestimate the anger and reactions of the home support regardless of where the venue is. 

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Thrillingly thrilling... tell me more, were you one of those urchins who got pepper sprayed in the puss by the panic strickened police officers who were struggling to keep control ? 

I remember a thriller at the Roseburn Bar, our car got stopped just at the lights as the baying mob gestured to the tic fans to come ahead, a wee 5 minute brawl erupted just were Tesco is now opposite the bar. 

Never pepper sprayed, but a couple of dull ones. :(

I'm shite at getting out of the way of fights and even worse at fighting.

The latter has been a blessing in disguise over the years.

davemclaren
42 minutes ago, sassenach said:

I was undercover I the Copland End for the first game of the Championship season.  I forgot to get up when Rangers equalised, although I wasn't wearing a maroon mask 😷

I actually remembered to stand up just as Sow was scoring our winner.  To make the day even better, I was on a complimentary ticket through a friend of a friend.

I once borrowed a colleague at work’s Ibrox season ticket to go to a Rangers v Hearts match. Hearts scored first early on through Gordon Durie iirc. Almost have myself away at the point. Ended up losing  by 3 or 4 goals to 1 do so I was never really tested again. 

2 hours ago, dannymack said:

Just at the right age to make your own decisions.... 

1, Do I get involved

2, Do I pretend to get involved 😁

Aye.

I was an at the back, safety first, enthusiast. 😆

On 04/08/2021 at 00:01, dannymack said:

It clearly states on the ground rules if you are intoxicated, blootered and tired you will not gain entry to the stadium. 

15 hours ago, jonesy said:

Explains Burley getting the sack.

:rofl:

A very underrated post :lol:

davemclaren
1 hour ago, sassenach said:

Oh dear, at least you were safe.

I was also undercover in the main stand at Easter Road to witness a certain Alim Ozturk goal.  Now that WAS a test!

I think I would have failed that one. 

colinmaroon
On 04/08/2021 at 00:11, dannymack said:

My main point. 6.5k Hearts fans miss out but 1 of that lot gets entertained from their Hearts mates... anyway who has mates that support that lot ? 🤔

Hibby?

3 hours ago, sassenach said:

Oh dear, at least you were safe.

I was also undercover in the main stand at Easter Road to witness a certain Alim Ozturk goal.  Now that WAS a test!

Sorry for your loss :lol:

There isn't a single iota of a chance I'd have survived that one.

I once made a mistake during the 80s of going to ER in the home end for a derby.

We got beat and Hibbys who knew me jumped on me when they scored - no violence but very uncomfortable.  Never done it again as I'd never be able to contain myself.

McGlynn The Money
On 03/08/2021 at 22:01, dannymack said:

How would you react if you were unsuccessful in the celtic ballot only to find out a Hearts fan had given one of that lot a ticket for the game ? 

Let's start at the beginning, I was sitting in the School End last Saturday night and noticed 2 Hearts fans (scarves, top etc) with a guy wearing a green face mask (no other colours), 'wow !' your saying but for me it does raise suspicion, 'calm doon pal it's only a colour' your saying but I'm of that generation that doesn't relate to green because of that lot and Hibs. 

It didn't bother me one bit after I saw them take to their seats in the last row of Section K lower in the School End, the game kicked off, Hearts won 2-1 happy days  BUT it wasn't until I watched the highlights and noticed that after GMS put us 1 up the said person remained in his seat totally lifeless as the rest of the stadium went ballistic, again 'WOW !  its only a goal, what do you expect ? ' your saying but surely to **** in our current situation, mood and excitement you'd expect some jovial celebration, I know there's a few fuds within the support (Zal flag incident) but surely we don't lower ourselves to deny our own and give to the enemy. 

If this is not worthy of a rant then we'll let the post drift away down the many pages of Kickback to obscurity but I still maintain that person was one of them.

I await the justification of the Green mask and lifeless fan at the first goal. 

It has to be said he was the same for the 2 Celtic goals, lifeless but then you would be wouldn't you ?

20210803_213341.jpg

There was a guy near me at the 4-0 win over Celtic. Didn't seem very happy and never celebrated any of our goals and left early. I was convinced he was a Celtic fan but I've seen him at loads of home games since.

Also seen him a few times on non match days and I think he's just odd/crabbit.

On 03/08/2021 at 23:26, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe is was a Bobmeister hater who would rather we got papped so he got the sack quicker and he could come on here and get it up other Hearts fans. 

His whole night  planned on JKB was ruined. 

The green mask was him being edgy, just like his posts on here? 

Take a day off mate.

On 03/08/2021 at 23:15, Jambo-Fox said:

But Celtic NEVER scored 2 goals - odd comment - HHGH

54C6B670-79C1-47EE-9A7A-DC28B1796141.jpeg

But they did put the ball in our net twice! I think the point being made is that the wrongly disallowed score would have been worthy of a reaction as there was no obvious infringement. His failure to react doesn’t prove the guy was a Celtic fan, of course!

William H. Bonney

The cup game at murrayfield was one of the worst I’ve seen for Celtic fans in the home end. Quite a few very ugly fights during the game. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

The cup game at murrayfield was one of the worst I’ve seen for Celtic fans in the home end. Quite a few very ugly fights during the game. 

That was a tense atmosphere, I saw a quite a few in our end very drunk and spoiling for a fight, not wearing colours but very easy to spot. Also a few Rangers fans seemed to have got tickets too unfortunately which made it a very sectarian occasion. Probably put a lot of families off returning to these games!