Jump to content

Well done, Robbie Neilson - we're back!


tartofmidlothian
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

Place is crawling with them. The worst type of gloating. 

 

Your tears taste like potato soup. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Ulysses

    19

  • RussAsia

    21

  • Bazzas right boot

    38

  • Savage Vince

    23

Absolute Scenes
7 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I'm struggling to understand why we are not all ecstatic. Even in the late 80s it was a proper big result. The difference then was £500 - 1k. 

 

Tonight we just beat a team with 10 x our budget. HHGH

They had a 4 million pound player on the bench. Our entire bench probably isn’t worth that. And that’s the difference. An incredible result

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought his substitutions were excellent.           


That said, I think he waited far too long to make them, as we did not have a foothold in the game for a long period of time. The equaliser was inevitable the way we camped in our own half for an hour of the game. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RustyRightPeg

The Haring change in particular was a bit of a ffs what you doing but was a wee mini masterclass when you look back on it. 
 

Fair play to him, I for one am absolutely delighted.
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

Just shows how people see things differently, I thought we were quite lucky in the end, and thought we were second best for most of the game and if their second goal had been given rather than offside we would probably have struggled to get back into it HOWEVER  I won't take anything away from all that matters which is the result, which could well be 3 precious points more than a lot of teams get off them this season which can only be a good thing. Hoping this result gives us the confidence to attack every team we play at home and most away but not sure Robbie has as much faith in this squad to go for 3 points every week as I do.

Good example of a balanced, realistic, appraisal of a game. More of the same needed 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

tartofmidlothian
10 hours ago, Bozi said:

Ok I was thinking of posting this elsewhere but- changing the narrative 

 

In our last games against top flight opposition 

We have beaten Celtic and taken them to penalties in a cup final

We have beaten Hibs at Hampden

We have beaten TheRangers 

 

We have also lost to St Midden but it is heartening to know we CAN get up for the big games 

 

 

 

 

 

10 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

Now I know things haven’t been great since Robbie took over. But it’s worth noting that since he has, we have drawn against Celtic in the final (beaten on pens) beat hibs in the semi and beat Celtic in the league opener. 
 

So, if Neilson has shown us anything, it’s that he isn’t going to bottle it for big games and that we CAN compete at this level unlike the narrative some fans would have you believe. 
 

 

Not a massive Robbie fan or hater. But credit where it is due, he’s getting results where they are needed. Long may it continue! Genuinely excited for next week after that performance. 


i don’t want to get too optimistic, but I feel like the players are fit and backing the manager, the transfers we are getting in are of the right quality and the club as a whole is hopefully moving in the right direction 😁
 

Ifwe are still getting good results by September, European football could well be on the cards!.. but that’s me getting over optimistic again! 

 

These are both good posts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

Place is crawling with them. The worst type of gloating. 

 

From the self confessed petty man who wants us beat so he can ram it up posters on here when Bob gets sacked. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Auldbenches
5 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

Place is crawling with them. The worst type of gloating. 

It's obvious. 

Using the support the club angle to have a dig at Hearts fans in every post.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Auldbenches
4 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Must confess to waking up feeling rather smug this morning.

 

:verysmug:

The sun is shining but it wouldn't have mattered today.  

Beating one of the old firm always brings lasting happiness.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Savage Vince said:

 

The booing from the Hearts support in thd second half was utterly ridiculous. 

 

Celtic have some really good football players. The sense of entitlement amongst the Hearts support is chronic. 

I haven't got a sense of entitlement,  i was just not happy with a corner that we had, ended up back with our own keeper, doubt many on here were happy with that!!! The game changed with the subs, so fair play to Robbie for that, I'm absolutely buzzing with the win.

onwards and upwards 

HHGH 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, rmreido said:

I haven't got a sense of entitlement,  i was just not happy with a corner that we had, ended up back with our own keeper, doubt many on here were happy with that!!! The game changed with the subs, so fair play to Robbie for that, I'm absolutely buzzing with the win.

onwards and upwards 

HHGH 

That corner was farcical. 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If folk can’t or won’t give Robbie credit for the changes yesterday then I doubt they ever will. He deserves plenty for the haring change alone as I like the majority thought “wtf is he doing” at the time. 
 

I think overall his tactics could have been better but it really doesn’t matter as in the end we won. Robbie made the necessary changes to do it. 
 

Robbie isn’t perfect  it at our level and for what we are looking to do I think I he is perfect. He is a PHM, cup winning legend and he gets my support. **** the haters 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3rd place should be achievable, anything less than 4th and I'll disappointed. 

 

Savage has given him the tools to work with, and will have an another striker to work with soon. 

 

Overall play could improve but willing to give him time to do that. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rmreido said:

I was just not happy with a corner that we had, ended up back with our own keeper, doubt many on here were happy with that!!! 

 

HHGH 

 

Do you think that was what was planned?

Do you think Robbie or any of the coaching staff were happy with that? 

 

Mistakes happen, that's life, never mind football. A least we retained possession, too often in the last in a similar circumstance they would have scored from our muck-up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Savage Vince said:

Great result. 

 

Well played Robbie. 

Ok i've not posted post match because as Hearts a win is a win no matter how we get it.

 

However if we hadn't won our manager was in for a fair bit of flack. We were up against the worst Celtic side for a generation. We allowed them to come onto us by sitting back. We got lucky and don't get me wrong it's better to be lucky than good.  Their goal wasn't offside from what i've seen. Our winner was never a foul for the free kick. 

 

I'll wait and see how we perform at St Mirren before lauding the manager. However that's a game in which we should control the game and win. Any win and I'll be happy but if we play shit again and lose points then it's on Neilson.

 

Yes we're happy with the result. No i'm not happy with the performance. But as long as we win I don't care. If we don't then I'll be different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot

A Hearts win seems to have the side effect of clearing this place out, folk that rack up lots of slavers seem to go missing after a win. 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
Just now, RussAsia said:

Ok i've not posted post match because as Hearts a win is a win no matter how we get it.

 

However if we hadn't won our manager was in for a fair bit of flack. We were up against the worst Celtic side for a generation. We allowed them to come onto us by sitting back. We got lucky and don't get me wrong it's better to be lucky than good.  Their goal wasn't offside from what i've seen. Our winner was never a foul for the free kick. 

 

I'll wait and see how we perform at St Mirren before lauding the manager. However that's a game in which we should control the game and win. Any win and I'll be happy but if we play shit again and lose points then it's on Neilson.

 

Yes we're happy with the result. No i'm not happy with the performance. But as long as we win I don't care. If we don't then I'll be different.

 

 

Imagine having that much seethe for our manager that when we win you can't enjoy it properly! 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

Imagine having that much seethe for our manager that when we win you can't enjoy it properly! 

 

 

I'm happy we won. I'm not happy with the way we did it. 

 

Does English escape you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
Just now, RussAsia said:

I'm happy we won. I'm not happy with the way we did it. 

 

Does English escape you?

 

😂😂😂😂

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

 

😂😂😂😂

 

 

 

Fingers crossed you remain on the front foot this season.

 

My guess is you'll be on the defensive trying to defend the indefensible for weeks on end.

 

But as I said I hope you can be smug more often than not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just on since last night's game.

Firstly, a well-earned (and i mean well-earned considering the percentage of the ball they had) three points from the game. The first game, particularly at home against one of the old firm is probably the best time to get them. I wasn't surprised we managed to find three points as i have said previously that we are not far short of a pretty decent team. Still think we're definitely a defender short and a striker too. If Souttar gets injured then we could be in trouble. The lack of strikers is a concern as if Boyce gets injured we're relying on Gnanduillet, and also as i've said previously, i don't think he has that instinctive ability that Boyce has. Completely different style of player, he'll still do a turn and get amongst the goals this season but i'm not expecting any more than 7 or 8 from him, maximum. A defender and striker is now vital to strengthen the squad.

On the new guys....i thought Cochrane again looked the part. Haven't really seen him have a poor game as yet which is encouraging. On Beningime, for a first game i thought he really looked like he can cut it in Scottish Premier football. Didn't panic when he was surrounded or just boot it anywhere to get rid of it. That is the sign of a player that believes in his own ability and he can only get better once he gets more familiar with his new team-mates. Did he deserve man-of-the-match award? For me it was between Souttar and Cochrane but overall pleased with his performance.

The Celtic game was a free hit being at the start of the season. Now we have to have the same workrate against every team. No point going out and beating them if we go to St Mirren next week and lose. I hope Neilson doesn't decide to change back to his favoured away from home formation. Go out and attack them and win the three points. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

Fingers crossed you remain on the front foot this season.

 

My guess is you'll be on the defensive trying to defend the indefensible for weeks on end.

 

But as I said I hope you can be smug more often than not.

 

 

You're all ready planning to be angry for next week. 

😂

 

Hopefully we get a result, but no doubt you and many others will be far quicker and prominent in their appraisal of the game should we get beat. 

 

Howling. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

You're all ready planning to be angry for next week. 

😂

 

Hopefully we get a result, but no doubt you and many others will be far quicker and prominent in their appraisal of the game should we get beat. 

 

Howling. 

 

 

And you're all ready to be happy clapping lost points. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
Just now, RussAsia said:

And you're all ready to be happy clapping lost points. 

 

 

😂😂

 

Aye, spoiler alert - we won't win every game. 

The difference is that when we do get beat I won't turn into an emotional, angry, slavering mess. 

 

No doubt you'll get your release at sone point tho- something for you to look forward too! 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

Ok i've not posted post match because as Hearts a win is a win no matter how we get it.

 

However if we hadn't won our manager was in for a fair bit of flack. We were up against the worst Celtic side for a generation. We allowed them to come onto us by sitting back. We got lucky and don't get me wrong it's better to be lucky than good.  Their goal wasn't offside from what i've seen. Our winner was never a foul for the free kick. 

 

I'll wait and see how we perform at St Mirren before lauding the manager. However that's a game in which we should control the game and win. Any win and I'll be happy but if we play shit again and lose points then it's on Neilson.

 

Yes we're happy with the result. No i'm not happy with the performance. But as long as we win I don't care. If we don't then I'll be different.

 

That so called worst Celtic side of a generation still had better players in most positions than us, would you not agree?  What would you say the comparative difference in transfer values are between the sides that played, and how many Premiership teams will finish above them?

 

For what its worth I've seen worse Celtic teams and at best we rarely beat them.  We didn't "allow" them to come onto us by sitting back, they pinned us back by keeping posession.  Only a bitter loser would attempt to downplay the result and even the winning goal.

 

It was a promising start, and we still need players in for a couple of positions, but in Scotland there is only one better team than them just now.  I find your desperation to be so negative completely hysterical.

 

giphy.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Just on since last night's game.

Firstly, a well-earned (and i mean well-earned considering the percentage of the ball they had) three points from the game. The first game, particularly at home against one of the old firm is probably the best time to get them. I wasn't surprised we managed to find three points as i have said previously that we are not far short of a pretty decent team. Still think we're definitely a defender short and a striker too. If Souttar gets injured then we could be in trouble. The lack of strikers is a concern as if Boyce gets injured we're relying on Gnanduillet, and also as i've said previously, i don't think he has that instinctive ability that Boyce has. Completely different style of player, he'll still do a turn and get amongst the goals this season but i'm not expecting any more than 7 or 8 from him, maximum. A defender and striker is now vital to strengthen the squad.

On the new guys....i thought Cochrane again looked the part. Haven't really seen him have a poor game as yet which is encouraging. On Beningime, for a first game i thought he really looked like he can cut it in Scottish Premier football. Didn't panic when he was surrounded or just boot it anywhere to get rid of it. That is the sign of a player that believes in his own ability and he can only get better once he gets more familiar with his new team-mates. Did he deserve man-of-the-match award? For me it was between Souttar and Cochrane but overall pleased with his performance.

The Celtic game was a free hit being at the start of the season. Now we have to have the same workrate against every team. No point going out and beating them if we go to St Mirren next week and lose. I hope Neilson doesn't decide to change back to his favoured away from home formation. Go out and attack them and win the three points. 

 

 

Gnando is one of these players who is either going to do nothing or get two or three goals in a game.  Hopefully we get more of the latter!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

Place is crawling with them. The worst type of gloating. 

 

Did you miss the reactions from some after our last 4 wins - all the greeting and pant wetting - not to mention the transfer and Robbie out threads. Some payback is well deserved, and there are some notable absences from the Celtic game threads. Some seem to be crawling out of their holes to make some weird point about how bad Celtic were etc etc.

Edited by ToqueJambo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So it's worse to come on here celebrating a win over the tims than to slag of our manager?? That seems to be the jist of it, absolutely bonkers that some posters hate our manager so much that they can't enjoy our win. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

😂😂

 

Aye, spoiler alert - we won't win every game. 

The difference is that when we do get beat I won't turn into an emotional, angry, slavering mess. 

 

No doubt you'll get your release at sone point tho- something for you to look forward too! 

 

 

 

 

yes we won't but a poor performance with a win against the old firm will always be acceptable.

 

Not laying a finger on St Mirren would be unacceptable. Wouldn't you agree. 

 

I remember Jeffereries taking teams around and giving us some great away wins plus some great wins at home against the old firm. Nobody complained then. As I said I'll wait and see how we get on against lesser teams before hailing Neilson as a messiah. I'm hopeful we beat them all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Savage Vince
26 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

Ok i've not posted post match because as Hearts a win is a win no matter how we get it.

 

However if we hadn't won our manager was in for a fair bit of flack. We were up against the worst Celtic side for a generation. We allowed them to come onto us by sitting back. We got lucky and don't get me wrong it's better to be lucky than good.  Their goal wasn't offside from what i've seen. Our winner was never a foul for the free kick. 

 

I'll wait and see how we perform at St Mirren before lauding the manager. However that's a game in which we should control the game and win. Any win and I'll be happy but if we play shit again and lose points then it's on Neilson.

 

Yes we're happy with the result. No i'm not happy with the performance. But as long as we win I don't care. If we don't then I'll be different.

 

Beat it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Savage Vince
2 hours ago, rmreido said:

I haven't got a sense of entitlement,  i was just not happy with a corner that we had, ended up back with our own keeper, doubt many on here were happy with that!!! The game changed with the subs, so fair play to Robbie for that, I'm absolutely buzzing with the win.

onwards and upwards 

HHGH 

 

The booing had been going on a long while before that corner. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

That so called worst Celtic side of a generation still had better players in most positions than us, would you not agree?  What would you say the comparative difference in transfer values are between the sides that played, and how many Premiership teams will finish above them?

 

For what its worth I've seen worse Celtic teams and at best we rarely beat them.  We didn't "allow" them to come onto us by sitting back, they pinned us back by keeping posession.  Only a bitter loser would attempt to downplay the result and even the winning goal.

 

It was a promising start, and we still need players in for a couple of positions, but in Scotland there is only one better team than them just now.  I find your desperation to be so negative completely hysterical.

 

giphy.gif

I think it was close in terms of starting 11. I'd rather have our goalie, right back, left back and some other players ahead of there's. Most time you'd struggle to pick 1 or maybe 2. Yes this is the worst Celtic team for some time and also an out of his depth manager. 

 

How is it hysterical to say that we rode our luck and happy to have got away with the win. That's just the facts. I hope it happens every week. However when we lose to lesser teams I won't paper over the cracks of our overly defensive manager. I think we could have done better yesterday however I'll take the win in any form it comes. More the merrier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

yes we won't but a poor performance with a win against the old firm will always be acceptable.

 

Not laying a finger on St Mirren would be unacceptable. Wouldn't you agree. 

 

I remember Jeffereries taking teams around and giving us some great away wins plus some great wins at home against the old firm. Nobody complained then. As I said I'll wait and see how we get on against lesser teams before hailing Neilson as a messiah. I'm hopeful we beat them all.

 

 

"Unacceptable" ...... 

What does this mean? 

Sack everyone on the spot? 

 

Don't think anyone is hailing him as a messiah either Tbh. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

 

Beat it. 

You've convinced me into submission with your points. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JamboNation

Well done Robbie 4 straight wins and we can play better , this season it's important we support the team through good times and bad and put those who kicked us down when they got the opportunity in their place 👊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

 

The booing had been going on a long while before that corner. 

Not from me, that's all I'm saying👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

 

Gnando is one of these players who is either going to do nothing or get two or three goals in a game.  Hopefully we get more of the latter!

 

Yep, hope so.

Anytime i see him i always get the impression that he comes across as quite slow but, then again, the height of him could be deceiving and he's maybe quicker than it comes over on camera. I just get the feeling that he's not an instinctive striker and would never expect him to score a barrow-load of goals. I still expect him to be in amongst the goals throughout the season though. Ever since he signed, i still can't make my mind up on him. It's strange, you can normally get a feel about how or what a player should be, or could be capable of. Big Gnando though.....he seems a bit of an enigma. Hopefully he'll come good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

"Unacceptable" ...... 

What does this mean? 

Sack everyone on the spot? 

 

Don't think anyone is hailing him as a messiah either Tbh. 

 

Not everyone. Our squad is strong and has the ability to play far above what I believe they're showing. Just improve the people who send them out with a defensive mindset

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

I think it was close in terms of starting 11. I'd rather have our goalie, right back, left back and some other players ahead of there's. Most time you'd struggle to pick 1 or maybe 2. Yes this is the worst Celtic team for some time and also an out of his depth manager. 

 

How is it hysterical to say that we rode our luck and happy to have got away with the win. That's just the facts. I hope it happens every week. However when we lose to lesser teams I won't paper over the cracks of our overly defensive manager. I think we could have done better yesterday however I'll take the win in any form it comes. More the merrier.

 

 

How do folk know this is a poor celtic team, the worse in generations, we've played 1 game. 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

How do folk know this is a poor celtic team, the worse in generations, we've played 1 game. 

 

 

 

 

Mjetlland?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Savage Vince
Just now, RussAsia said:

You've convinced me into submission with your points. 

 

I'm not interested in any of the points you've made. So what if we were lucky. So what if its the worst Celtic side in a generation (after 3 games 😁), so what if they had a lot of possession. 

 

Quote someone else with your negative drivel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
Just now, RussAsia said:

Not everyone. Our squad is strong and has the ability to play far above what I believe they're showing. Just improve the people who send them out with a defensive mindset

 

You believe they are better than 5 straight wins? 

 

Who's sending who out with a defensive mindset? 

 

You're having a mare, and you need to ask why? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
Just now, RussAsia said:

Mjetlland?

 

Champions league qualifier. 

Celtic teams have lost them before and will again. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Savage Vince said:

 

I'm not interested in any of the points you've made. So what if we were lucky. So what if its the worst Celtic side in a generation (after 3 games 😁), so what if they had a lot of possession. 

 

Quote someone else with your negative drivel. 

Great and enjoy happy clapping if things go wrong which I hope they don't. 

 

If they do though i'm sure you'll have the blinkers to ride it out..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

I think it was close in terms of starting 11. I'd rather have our goalie, right back, left back and some other players ahead of there's. Most time you'd struggle to pick 1 or maybe 2. Yes this is the worst Celtic team for some time and also an out of his depth manager. 

 

:rofl:

 

You are at it.

 

4 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

How is it hysterical to say that we rode our luck and happy to have got away with the win. That's just the facts. I hope it happens every week. However when we lose to lesser teams I won't paper over the cracks of our overly defensive manager. I think we could have done better yesterday however I'll take the win in any form it comes. More the merrier.

 

It wasn't just that which you said, you questioned the legitimacy of the winning goal.  Again, you are trolling or completely deluded - I'll let others decide which.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...