Jump to content

Halliday


Recommended Posts

Lack of footballing ability is there for all to see. Unfortunately ‘putting a shift in’ just doesn’t quite cut it in these games. 
 

Wasn’t the only one who was bad today, how GMS lasted the 90 is incredible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • GinRummy

    11

  • Forever Hearts

    10

  • Gordon Ramsay

    8

  • jamboj

    7

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

 

Think it was just a flat midfield three with Haring and Beni.

532 or 352 depending on who you ask about wing backs.


Yeah, I think that’s what it was meant to be. He kinda got himself “about a bit”, which I suppose is what people said they like about him. But it wasn’t as clear where he was playing as it was for Baningime and Haring, shall we say.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudi5kaceldream1ng
On 10/08/2021 at 12:42, Ted Hastings said:

Genuine question, have the folk who are complaining about his side gig as a ‘professional rangers fan’ actually watched / listened to the podcast? He has by far the most balanced views of the four of them and is clearly very knowledgable of the game and of the league. Doesn’t come across as a fanboy by any stretch of the imagination and talks very highly of hearts.

 

He’s also a left sided, versatile and hard working player who gives us a goal threat from midfield and gives 100% every game. 
 

Baffling that folk dislike him so much. 

I don't dislike the lad at all. He talks a lot of sense on that podcast.

 

I did find his fanboying of Italy at the euros a bit cringe though... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer

It’s the one game you’d expect him to be at his best at.

Whole team wasn’t at it first half 

Thats on the manager AND them

Link to post
Share on other sites
No Idle Talk

My opinion of him remains the same. As a left wing back he has something to offer. As a central midfielder, no thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Greedy Jambo
1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

My opinion of him remains the same. As a left wing back he has something to offer. As a central midfielder, no thanks.

 

Agreed, his best position is left back, but he looked so slow today, regardless. 

He was probably up till 2am last night streaming COD. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King

Absolutely anonymous today and seems to have gotten off lightly, squad player at best but no doubt will one of the first names on the team sheet next week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s shite…….he’s good…….he’s shite……he’s good…….he’s shite

Link to post
Share on other sites
upgotheheads

A utility player who is playing at about the right level for him. Good enough to be useful against any team except for the the arse-cheeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
jambopilms

Can't remember the last time he actually tackled anyone which I thought was his thing

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Can't remember the last time he actually tackled anyone which I thought was his thing


He actually got smashed a few times in a matter of minutes by Ralston (who has suddenly morphed into Cafu the last few weeks) 

 

Would be interesting to know the reason for Robbie giving him the hook at ht. Was it just to get Gino on or because he was so poor? If it’s the latter then you never know he might actually not start this weekend! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
57 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

A utility player who is playing at about the right level for him. Good enough to be useful against any team except for the the arse-cheeks.

I think this is right. We should be aiming a bit higher for our first choice 11 but he can play a few positions. I'd have started him yesterday as well though so not going to dig RN up about that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
BackOfTheNet
19 minutes ago, DS98 said:


He actually got smashed a few times in a matter of minutes by Ralston (who has suddenly morphed into Cafu the last few weeks) 

 

Would be interesting to know the reason for Robbie giving him the hook at ht. Was it just to get Gino on or because he was so poor? If it’s the latter then you never know he might actually not start this weekend! 


The substitution was the right move, however I was surprised it was Halliday instead of Haring. Not because I believe Haring should’ve been taken off (he shouldn’t) I was just surprised Neilson sacrificed Halliday instead. As others have mentioned he seems to be named somewhere, somehow on the team sheet. He has had a good start to the season, but Celtic aside we’ve not really faced massive tests yet, so I’m not sure Halliday should be anywhere near a first pick for the big games. (Granted he was decent in the win against Celtic, but again with him in midfield we were overrun with 80-20% possession and you could make most of our team that night who performed to a higher standard than him)

Link to post
Share on other sites
jambopilms

I honestly don't think he is a midfield enforcer which some keep telling us he is, he is better a bit further forward or at LWB but no good enough at any of them. He is a good finisher when the chance comes up though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
hearts00
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

I honestly don't think he is a midfield enforcer which some keep telling us he is, he is better a bit further forward or at LWB but no good enough at any of them. He is a good finisher when the chance comes up though.

Squad player. Shouldn’t be in starting 11. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Martin_T
17 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

My opinion of him remains the same. As a left wing back he has something to offer. As a central midfielder, no thanks.

 

I agree with this. He started out as a left winger at Livingston and his best games for Hearts have also been out wide left. I think the game passes him by a bit in central midfield.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King

Maybe wide left in a 442 with Ginnelly wide right, like we did with Prince or Djoum before is the only way he should start when everyone is fit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
dazajmbo
4 hours ago, Chaps said:

He’s an Aldi version of Scott Brown.

 

Your not suggesting Scott Brown is the sort of value found in M&S, Waitrose etc?

Link to post
Share on other sites
upgotheheads
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I think this is right. We should be aiming a bit higher for our first choice 11 but he can play a few positions. I'd have started him yesterday as well though so not going to dig RN up about that. 

 

I posted a team a before the game and Halliday was in it along with Haring and Benny, so I was certainly thinking the same way as Neilson. The only difference from my team and the starting line-up was Gnando up front with GMS on the bench, which, as it turns out, would have been Neilson's as well if Gnando had been available.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...