• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Forever Hearts

• Gordon Ramsay

• DS98

Gave it his all, which because he plays for Hearts might occasionally not be good enough, but he was celebrating with big Craigy following his saves like he’d personally won the euromillions - so what more could you want! 

Going to get a hard time from the boo boys this season which is unfair. He’s not messi on the ball but he will give 110%, do all the donkey work and will never hide. Not saying he was amazing tonight but he more than played his part. Had a few sloppy passes but the amount of ground he covered when we were outnumbered in the middle of the park goes unnoticed to people who don’t understand the game. Playing all the ‘bigger’ teams he is ideal to have in the centre of the park and I hope he proves his doubters wrong

i don’t understand how any of the hearts players can get a hard time tonight. All ran themselves to the ground

Jambo Moose

He’s knocked his pan in today and chucked a few meaty challenges in. Yet, after a win some folk come on here to bash him. He seems to have his card marked by most for some reason, but take a day off !! 

fabienleclerq

I'm a bit ot a fan, however don't think you can criticise him tonight. He put in a shift. 

He might just end up being one of those boys that the team plays better when he is in it even though he doesn't stand out. 

26 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

I like him, has a bit of bite, never say die attitude. Took a number of hits tonight but you just knew he would be there till the end.  We have had some soft arseholes in centre mid recently so I enjoy him in there. Good to have options now.

Looked through this thread for what I consider the most accurate. There isn't another player in the whole spl who would have made that challenge on McGregor tonight. Reckon he's the sort of player every manager loves having in the squad. I'm definitely no expert but every army needs a bampot. Andy is ours.

44 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

i don’t understand how any of the hearts players can get a hard time tonight. All ran themselves to the ground

You know what, lot's of folk on the match thread were saying how bad we were, but I don't think there's one player who played poorly tonight. Aye you'll get mistakes in any game, but these guys put themselves on the line for Hearts tonight and I really appreciate that. Not "beautiful football", but hard working, commited performances from them all. can't ask for more.

52 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

Going to get a hard time from the boo boys this season which is unfair. He’s not messi on the ball but he will give 110%, do all the donkey work and will never hide. Not saying he was amazing tonight but he more than played his part. Had a few sloppy passes but the amount of ground he covered when we were outnumbered in the middle of the park goes unnoticed to people who don’t understand the game. Playing all the ‘bigger’ teams he is ideal to have in the centre of the park and I hope he proves his doubters wrong

That’s the nail on the head if you don’t press players when they have the ball they pick passes to hurt you press them fast and hard and they take risks and they took a few ricks tonight that hearts never took advantage of not saying we were amazing but we did enough to merit the win 

Thought he played well , got stuck in and covered every blade.

Not mad keen on the open goal patter and the Rangers love in but can’t believe so many people can’t see past that, he’s not a bad player.

anyone know why he was going mental coming off the park at half time ? 

Looked unwell from the start. Seemed scared to mark his player. Thank goodness Haring came off the bench to help him. Wouldn't want him starting next week 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Jambo Moose said:

He’s knocked his pan in today and chucked a few meaty challenges in. Yet, after a win some folk come on here to bash him. He seems to have his card marked by most for some reason, but take a day off !! 

Thought he was very good tonight, worked his socks off and showed controlled agression(one tackle aside which at the game I thought was brilliant).

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, hmfcdaz01 said:

Thought he played well , got stuck in and covered every blade.

Not mad keen on the open goal patter and the Rangers love in but can’t believe so many people can’t see past that, he’s not a bad player.

anyone know why he was going mental coming off the park at half time ? 

One of our players was down needing treatment when the ref blew, not sure if it was him or not.

chuck berrys hairline
31 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Live now on twitch

Poggers 🙌

5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

One of our players was down needing treatment when the ref blew, not sure if it was him or not.

Ah that makes sense , think  it was Cochrane . Halliday seemed to be suggesting an elbow was used .

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Did anyone  else see him shouting at someone in the crowd? 

I thought I seen him looking at and interacting with someone in the main stand (section S down the front), couldn't hear what was shouted/said his way or what Halliday said in response. I thought he did a job for us tonight, he isn't the sort of player who does anything silky, but he is the sort of player who covers a lot of space and will put his foot in where it might stop/hurt an opponent and maybe even hurt himself. He is the sort of player more creative players need around them to help them do their bit as well.

Edited by portobellojambo1

wattie exploited

don't get the hate on here for him he always gives 100 % 

thought he played ok tonight until he got tired  he is definitely a good squad player to have  :rifle:

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I thought I seen him looking at and interacting with someone in the main stand (section S down the front), couldn't hear what was shouted/said his way or what Halliday said in response. I thought he did a job for us tonight, he isn't the sort of player who does anything silky, but he is the sort of player who covers a lot of space and will put his foot in where it might stop/hurt an opponent and maybe even hurt himself. He is the sort of player more creative players need around them to help them do their bit as well.

Yeah, that's where I was seated. Happened so quickly, I wasn't sure.

57 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Thought he was very good tonight, worked his socks off and showed controlled agression(one tackle aside which at the game I thought was brilliant).

Did you nor see the difference when haring appeared 

J.T.F.Robertson

This thread stinks to high heaven.

WTF do some people on here actually want? He cares, gets stuck right in. That's good enough for me especially so when you consider the complete apathetic shite we've had to put up with for years now.

We were dominated for too long when we really didn't have to be, but I'll more than take the way we finished.

BackOfTheNet

Listen, I am by no means his biggest fan but some of the comments on here are over the top. That being said we couldn’t complain if he was given a red as his challenge was reckless and quite frankly I think McGregor not acting like it was more than it was has saved him. Studs up and raking the ankle when nowhere near the ball. Nasty.

He played decently, not badly. But going forward I think Haring showed why if we’re going with that formation he should be ahead of Halliday. (I’d also like to see McEneff in next to Baningime for that matter)

PhoenixHearts
3 hours ago, rudiatemyhamster said:

We won tonight and Halliday was a key part of the team.  

He was a key part of Celtics goal too.

He had a reckless challenge in a vital part of the game too. He was very lucky to get away with it.

Reckless in possession. Seemed to give the ball away more than any other player.

Game got much better when he was moved out of the middle in place if Haring, a superior player in every single way imaginable. Haring and Baningime are the pairing we need. 

I'll give Halliday his due, he runs about a lot and tries to put the pressure on by harassing the opposition. He definitely has a role to play here but people saying he deserves to be in the starting 11 ahead of Haring is like saying Don Cowie should have been picked ahead of Arnaud Djoum.

Not just based on tonight but based on his Hearts career to date, Andy Halliday should not be starting. He has to be our utility man off the bench. Backup LB. Backup CM. We have better players.

He did well. I like him. He’s not a pussy which is unlike what we’ve had . Versatile and gives 100% every game. Very good player to have

5 hours ago, NB GIN said:

This guy is utter utter rank I cannot understand why he continues to play him. Would be as well playing with 10 men 

you do not understand football do you ? One of the most pathetic posts ever 🤣🤣🤣

you must try harder 🤣🤣🤣

CloustonHMFC

Seems to me like Halliday is going to be the player the fans turn on this season. Utterly ridiculous. The guy gives 100% every time he steps out. Hes not the prettiest or the most technical player but he grafts and we need players like him.

thought he struggled to close them down and gave the ball away.needlessly at times. perhaps the formation left to much ground to cover. clearly up for it against them. watch them kick off at the start, he sprints from the off to get the ball when he had no chance. prefer him at full back tbh. 

i did not enjoy the way we sat off. A competent Celtic team would have.slaughtered us if we played like that. Think we do better pressing them at Tynie. He.does.not lack effort but I think he is quite limited.

Jambof3tornado
6 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Did you nor see the difference when haring appeared 

Yes but the tactics were adjusted to gain control of the midfield. 

Some of the anger directed at Halliday is his own fault. His media role as a Rangers uber fan makes fans dislike him before he’s kicked a ball. That’s entirely understandable. Can you imagine how other fans would react if there was a Rangers or Celtic player who’s main media role was to bang on and on about his love for Hearts. 

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Some of the anger directed at Halliday is his own fault. His media role as a Rangers uber fan makes fans dislike him before he’s kicked a ball. That’s entirely understandable. Can you imagine how other fans would react if there was a Rangers or Celtic player who’s main media role was to bang on and on about his love for Hearts. 

I really dont give a flying duck what he does in his own time.

Wearing a Hearts shirt he gives 100% all the time.

Thats good enough for me.

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

I really dont give a flying duck what he does in his own time.

Wearing a Hearts shirt he gives 100% all the time.

Thats good enough for me.

Up to you. It pisses me right off tbh. 

Wouldn’t matter how Halliday played - there are some on here that would slate him no matter what.  He actually had not a bad game last night.

43 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Yes but the tactics were adjusted to gain control of the midfield. 

It was 3 against 2 until they changed it Gino dropped in to help and gave the impression 3 v 3 but he’s not a midfielder Haring made the difference , but it was defo change of tactics that did it 

No Idle Talk

He's just not a good central midfielder. We need to stop playing him there, unless it's an emergency. If Beni turns out to be the player he looked like he could be last night, then Haring and Beni is our central midfield for most games going forward. Halliday can compete with Cochrane for the left wing back spot. That is the position where Halliday looks decent.

Wing back - yes. Midfielder - No.

Oxford City
11 hours ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Did anyone  else see him shouting at someone in the crowd? 

Yes. in the second half some people moved down to Section S lower (where we were) in order, it appears, to be near the Celtic subs who they proceeded to 'treat' to a load of irrelevant nonsense.  A couple of them were removed by the stewards.

A couple more who remained were yelling at Halliday near the end  to move about more. He had a go back. Nothing serious but it was all a bit Michael Stewart-esque.

OmiyaHearts

Lets be honest, if the ref done his job, Halliday was getting red carded and would have cost us the game.

We need more composure in our midfielders. However, I thought he done better when he was pushed out left after the Haring sub.

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, qferryjam said:

It was 3 against 2 until they changed it Gino dropped in to help and gave the impression 3 v 3 but he’s not a midfielder Haring made the difference , but it was defo change of tactics that did it 

Yup, tactical switch by Robbie, we rode our luck a wee bit leaving it so late to switch it but as junior pointed out maybe it coincided with celtic tiring after their midweek exploits too.

Robbo-Jambo
10 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Listen, I am by no means his biggest fan but some of the comments on here are over the top. That being said we couldn’t complain if he was given a red as his challenge was reckless and quite frankly I think McGregor not acting like it was more than it was has saved him. Studs up and raking the ankle when nowhere near the ball. Nasty.

He played decently, not badly. But going forward I think Haring showed why if we’re going with that formation he should be ahead of Halliday. (I’d also like to see McEneff in next to Baningime for that matter)

McEneff and Haring should be in before Halliday imo.