Jump to content

Liam Boyce


tartofmidlothian

Recommended Posts

Finlay James
21 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

Like, v rangers, Hibs who he has already scored the winner against, not to mention he's scored v Celtic as well. 

 

🙄

 

Hibs are a wee team mate, haven't been our rivals or a big team in about 40 years

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rudi must stay said:

He's fine. He'll get you 15 goals this season. My criticism would be he spends alot of time outside the box, save your energy for the box and putting the ball in the goal 

This was kinda going to be my comment Boyce is a very good player if he stopped believing he was better than he is he would be a far better player just get in the box son hope that makes sense lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hackney Hearts
4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

 He didn't score 20 last season in a lower league. 

 

Abbreviated season. 14 in 25 matches.

 

Agree he's probably a more rounded (better) player than 5 years ago. Bodes well - think he'll get around 20.

Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, andi17 said:

This was kinda going to be my comment Boyce is a very good player if he stopped believing he was better than he is he would be a far better player just get in the box son hope that makes sense lol

 

He could do with a good attacking mid to link up with or help create chances for. Pollock has been best in that role so far, but a lot will rest on Walker or McEneff finding some better, more consistent form. Walker always has goals in him if he can get fit but McEneff is still bit of a mystery. Boyce seems to combine well with GMS so maybe GMS could play as a roving AM sometimes if we play another wide forward on the right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
cookieboy
22 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

Like, v rangers, Hibs who he has already scored the winner against, not to mention he's scored v Celtic as well. 

 

🙄

I was backing him to do it not slagging him 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Herbert
3 hours ago, davie1980 said:

19/20 season. Ages when signed

Halkett 23  has been overweight since basically day 1

Walker 25, he'll be at kelty hearts in a few years. Never had any fight or desire.

Washington 27 was a decent signing no big loss when he left.

Naismith 31 good signing to start with but needed someone to replace him at the start of last season.

Damour 27 pish on big wages

Whelan 34 pish on big wages

Avdijaj 22 not given much of a chance, but never looked good enough

Boyce 27 good signing

Langer 22 God knows why he signed 

Castro 22 ????? Who

Sibbick 20 loan

Meshino 20 loan

 

20/21 season

Gordon 37 no brainer

Roberts 26 pish

Frear 29 see langer

Popescu 27 see langer

Halliday 28 proves my point.

Kingsley 25 meh

GSM 29 meh

Gnanduillet 28 early days 

McEneff 25 started off good, Robbie made him pish 

Stewart 25 see langer

Ginelli 23 we need another like him

Kastaneer 24 pish

Logan 32 looked good in a poor squad 

 

21/22 

Cochrane 21

 

 

 

 

 

All you've done is highlight how much money we've wasted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Herbert
4 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Oh well.  If you feel that way, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

 

 

It was only a few months ago everyone on here wanted shot of budge and Co. Now everything is hunky dory yet nothing has changed. What excuse will we use at the end of this season? it was our first one back up, we were building for next year or will it just be it's part of our 5year plan?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

 

Abbreviated season. 14 in 25 matches.

 

Agree he's probably a more rounded (better) player than 5 years ago. Bodes well - think he'll get around 20.

Aye true that mate. Hope he does, best striker we've had in the last 15 years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
davie1980
10 hours ago, Herbert said:

 

 

 

All you've done is highlight how much money we've wasted.

 

No I haven't

 

That was in direct response to you saying all we do is sign players who are past it.

 

That statement was demonstrably wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamstomorrow
9 hours ago, Herbert said:

 

 

It was only a few months ago everyone on here wanted shot of budge and Co. Now everything is hunky dory yet nothing has changed. What excuse will we use at the end of this season? it was our first one back up, we were building for next year or will it just be it's part of our 5year plan?

Everyone?  I think you exaggerate!   Football fans are a fickle bunch.   If we have a decent season, then everyone is great.  If it is a poor season, then it is everyone 'oot.'

 

Plans!   You know what Burns wrote about plans?   

Link to post
Share on other sites
Herbert
1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

 

No I haven't

 

That was in direct response to you saying all we do is sign players who are past it.

 

That statement was demonstrably wrong.

 

 

No it wasn't, you put a list of players up that the majority were either pish or past it. Apart from Boyce,Gino and Gordon your list makes for disturbing reading.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Herbert
3 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Everyone?  I think you exaggerate!   Football fans are a fickle bunch.   If we have a decent season, then everyone is great.  If it is a poor season, then it is everyone 'oot.'

 

Plans!   You know what Burns wrote about plans?   

 

 

Was the poll not at 90% or something. We have had poor season after poor season

Link to post
Share on other sites
davie1980
1 minute ago, Herbert said:

 

 

No it wasn't, you put a list of players up that the majority were either pish or past it. Apart from Boyce,Gino and Gordon your list makes for disturbing reading.

 

Are you telling me the intent of my post?

 

:levein_interesting:

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
davie1980
2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

 

 

No it wasn't, you put a list of players up that the majority were either pish or past it. Apart from Boyce,Gino and Gordon your list makes for disturbing reading.

 

I never at any time stated they weren't pish or we hadn't wasted money.

 

You said that all we do is sign players that were past it.

I posted our last 3 seasons signings and their respective ages to demonstrate that you were clearly wrong.

 

You were clearly wrong.

 

Now unless you want to dispute that obvious fact, then you are arguing an argument that isn't there and just trying to dodge the fact that you got pulled up for talking pish 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamstomorrow
2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

 

 

Was the poll not at 90% or something. We have had poor season after poor season

I have no idea, but 90% is obviously not everyone.  I bet that if one of the ugly sisters wins the league, it has been a poor season for the other.   Heart of Midlothian FC simply does not have the money to spend the millions on players that they do.  We simply have to 'piss with the cock we have got!'   Sometimes things will work out better than others, sometimes not.  Such is life.

Link to post
Share on other sites
dustybin
On 20/07/2021 at 22:28, gregzy2k7 said:

Lucky to have him, the complete striker, if he stays fit i actually think he will get 20 goals this season.

Being assisted by the attacking midfielder that we are still looking for. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, dustybin said:

Being assisted by the attacking midfielder that we are still looking for. 

 

In this formation being assisted by wing forwards as well. He's linked well with GMS so far, including more centrally. Both him and Pollock could emerge in this role. Even Jamie Walker, but who knows which Jamie Walker will turn up this season. I would love us to sign a 23-25 year old proven CM/AM though - a D Ferguson/Fulton/Hartley/Aguiar type or even just a Djoum circa 15/16.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Agent Dale Cooper

Boyce is 33/1 to be Scottish Premiership top goalscorer with SkyBet.

Got to be worth an each way bet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hectormasson
On 22/07/2021 at 20:30, Finlay James said:

 

Hibs are a wee team mate, haven't been our rivals or a big team in about 40 years

👏👏👏🇱🇻

Link to post
Share on other sites
SuperstarSteve
On 22/07/2021 at 20:30, Finlay James said:

 

Hibs are a wee team mate, haven't been our rivals or a big team in about 40 years

Correct. Although it’s the only game that truly gets my blood pumping it’s never been a competitive rivalry in my 30 years of supporting the club. Total one sided domination. 
 

Possibly under Mowbray was there best spell and I’m sure between 2004-2007 they only managed 3 times to our 8. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Stupid Sexy Flanders

I've done a complete 180 on Boyce. When he first signed, it didn't seem like we were getting very much out of him, and considering his reported pay packet, he was looking like a hugely expensive mistake. 

 

Now, it's obvious he is a tremendous player. Probably our most important along with Craig Gordon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
cosanostra

Probably the best striker we've had in the post Romanov era.

He's a leader and he tries to make things happen for us.

Always love when strikers can create chances for themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

Probably the best striker we've had in the post Romanov era.

He's a leader and he tries to make things happen for us.

Always love when strikers can create chances for themselves.

Agree, but I wish our midfield and wingers would keep Boycie in the box. I get a bit pissed off when I see our best striker out of position. Apart from that, all good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer
27 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Agree, but I wish our midfield and wingers would keep Boycie in the box. I get a bit pissed off when I see our best striker out of position. Apart from that, all good.

That would be my only real criticism 

Working hard elsewhere means he sometimes isn’t where he can do the damage 

Best striker we’ve had for yonks

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hectormasson
On 23/07/2021 at 09:23, Jamstomorrow said:

I have no idea, but 90% is obviously not everyone.  I bet that if one of the ugly sisters wins the league, it has been a poor season for the other.   Heart of Midlothian FC simply does not have the money to spend the millions on players that they do.  We simply have to 'piss with the cock we have got!'   Sometimes things will work out better than others, sometimes not.  Such is life.

I'd be quite happy if we ruin it for either of the old squirm , by beating them and preventing them win something, as long as it don't mean hibs  get anything " anything else  is a bonus if hearts manage to do something.....

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
A_A wehatethehibs

A great team player and his work off the ball / away from the danger area is his best quality. If you're playing a 3-4-3 with 1 central striker that quality is essential.

 

But that goal yesterday, sumptuous. Relaxed and moving freely. He looks a man about to come into the form of his life IMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...