Liam Boyce

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Can't see any match threads started for him this season, but three in three is a good start. A fine finish today against Stirling.

He's had a good start to the campaign, after watching him last season and the start of this he has so many qualities that I didn't realise when he was at County. I thought he was just a goalscorer however his hold up and link up play are tremendous, and he's strong too.

If the front three of Boyce GMS and Ginnelly clicks it could be devastating.

Top player! If he can add even more goals to his all round game then we have some player! What a signing he has been and I think everyone is realising how good a football player he is 

32 minutes ago, Texia said:

He's had a good start to the campaign, after watching him last season and the start of this he has so many qualities that I didn't realise when he was at County. I thought he was just a goalscorer however his hold up and link up play are tremendous, and he's strong too.

This. He is a class act. 

Edited by karipidis

34 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Can't see any match threads started for him this season, but three in three is a good start. A fine finish today against Stirling.

Boyce is a great player for us may not be the fastest but clever links well and can score. Very happy to have him here 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Keep saying it, Gordon Souttar Haring (though not his best today) GMS Boyce some real quality. 

If we get the right players around these working for the quality players, we have a good chance, especially if we can add another quality CM but we may just have one on our hands anyway 

31 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Keep saying it, Gordon Souttar Haring (though not his best today) GMS Boyce some real quality. 

If we get the right players around these working for the quality players, we have a good chance, especially if we can add another quality CM but we may just have one on our hands anyway 

Agree but I’m not so sure in regards to Harring , he just is not filling me with hope that he will get back to his best , I very much hope I’m wrong .

Saint Jambo
2 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Lucky to have him, the complete striker, if he stays fit i actually think he will get 20 goals this season.

Yep. It is crazy how long it is since a Hearts player scored 20 goals in a season. The league cup group stage gives strikers an opportunity to get off to a flying start. Really pleased Boyce has taken that chance. Throw in a goal against ICT and a hat-trick against Celtic and it will be looking good.

SuperstarSteve
2 hours ago, Texia said:

Agreed. His positioning is really  good also. We have quite a decent amount of attacking options but need to add one more for depth. 

How good actually is this guy? I genuinely believe he’s our best striker since Roman Bednar.

Shanks said no
10 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

How good actually is this guy? I genuinely believe he’s our best striker since Roman Bednar.

At Hearts, Ross County and Cliftonville he has managed 1 in 2, only dipped at Burton with 1 in 3/4.

I'm also a bit excited about him and how many he could score if given the service and with the Hearts support behind him. Certainly don't think there is a better goalscorer outwith the OF.

Boycie in attack. (we need to adapt the Stendel song or give him a new one)

He will most likely score 15 goals this year and lay on another 5 or 6. That's maybe a bit conservative in some folks eyes but probably more realistic given he is stepping up from last season. 

It shouldn't just fall on him to get goals though. Our best scoring midfielder I'm guessing is Andy Halliday who has 4 goals since he arrived? I think we need others to chip in too. 

Auldbenches

A tremendous football player.  We maybe took him for granted last season with being in the championship.  Thank **** we have him for this season.  Best forward we've had in years 

Edited by Auldbenches

If we never played slow sideways/backpasses he could easily score 20 and assist in more. Sadly he won't get the service or support to do either because of robbie and his shite tactics.

Jamstomorrow
1 hour ago, Herbert said:

If we never played slow sideways/backpasses he could easily score 20 and assist in more. Sadly he won't get the service or support to do either because of robbie and his shite tactics.

So many of the international teams in the recent euro's seem to adopt Robbie's tactics.  Is Robbie actually ahead of the game?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Didn't fire right from the start,  plenty said he was a waste of money. GMS the same,  look at that opening goal last night. 

Anyone who said these things need a ban :)

Mind you I was worried how strong GMS would be on day he signed, physically and mentally, but no problem there

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Didn't fire right from the start,  plenty said he was a waste of money. GMS the same,  look at that opening goal last night. 

Anyone who said these things need a ban :)

Mind you I was worried how strong GMS would be on day he signed, physically and mentally, but no problem there

Anyone that has slated GMS or Boyce in any serious way need to go and watch curling. 

GMS will have good and bad days like most of his ilk but at our level he's proven he is good. 

Boycey is just fabby. 

We should be doing a Boycey Bounce, unfortunately another team has dibs on that. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Herbert said:

Put the paper, scissors and gloy down. 

A_A wehatethehibs

He is an absolute bomber up front. Has the potential to have a fantastic season if he stays in this frame of mind.

A lot of fans are asleep to the goalscoring quality we have got all throughout the team. 

If we can just add that extra bit of class at CM and CB we are all set to spring a few surprises. Maybe we will do a Leicester. Boycey to be our Vardy, Mackay-Steven our Mahrez. That wee flick and cool finish was reminiscent of them 2. And in Halliday we have already got an absolute Kante in midfield...

1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

So many of the international teams in the recent euro's seem to adopt Robbie's tactics.  Is Robbie actually ahead of the game?

Have you forgotten the shite he served up last season? 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Yes. Already forgotten that non-event of a season. And he didn't really serve it up, he inherited about a dozen or more dross players like Berra, White, Lee, Damour, Zlamal etc taking up big wages who he had to make do with in the squad. It was a cobbled together covid squad, won the league, then 12 players got released. So everyones moved swiftly on. 

I've raved about Boyce since he signed for us.

His awareness, sublime touches. and bringing other plaayers into the game, not to mention his goals ! are first class.

Excellent player.

4 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yes. Already forgotten that non-event of a season. And he didn't really serve it up, he inherited about a dozen or more dross players like Berra, White, Lee, Damour, Zlamal etc taking up big wages who he had to make do with in the squad. It was a cobbled together covid squad, won the league, then 12 players got released. So everyones moved swiftly on. 

Do you not think a decent manager could make a team capable of winning with Zlamal, White, Brandon Berra,Lee, Damour, Naismith Wighton, Henderson etc? Them and a few youngsters is more than capable of winning promotion, every season its the same excuses. The rot at the club starts at the top.

Jambof3tornado
16 hours ago, Texia said:

I think he could easily sit deeper and link midfield and the other forwards. Reads the game very well. Excellent asset.

Jamstomorrow
8 hours ago, Herbert said:

No, but this appeared to be the same 'shite' played by the international teams.  Playing across the field, playing back to the goal keeper trying not to lose possession.  Occasionally getting the ball out wide to  runners. 

I suppose if your team keeps the ball, the other team cannot score, but it's dull to watch.

LarrysRightFoot
5 hours ago, bairdy said:

I've raved about Boyce since he signed for us.

His awareness, sublime touches. and bringing other plaayers into the game, not to mention his goals ! are first class.

Excellent player.

I’ve said before he is almost better as a 10 due to his vision and awareness - obviously can’t do that playing in a front 3 though. He’s like a hybrid of Sheringham and Rooney in style (obvs not as good as either) 

1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

No, but this appeared to be the same 'shite' played by the international teams.  Playing across the field, playing back to the goal keeper trying not to lose possession.  Occasionally getting the ball out wide to  runners. 

I suppose if your team keeps the ball, the other team cannot score, but it's dull to watch.

The difference between us and the likes of England or most other teams is that we are not good enough to play that way. We struggle to sting 3passes together at times, the players never move into space to receive the ball and were not quick enough to hit teams on the break.  Our players spend 90% walking about. We need to play fast attacking football that's the style that suits us.

The Boys on the Perth to Paisley Podcast posted this 

🚨 ANNOUNCEMENT 🚨 
For our upcoming 50th episode, we are delighted to announce that Daniel will be sitting down to have a chat with star striker Liam Boyce!
The podcast will be released on August 3rd so if you have any questions for Boycey, feel free to reply to this tweet 🇱🇻

looking forward to listening to this and the 2 boys who do the podcast are class so will be a good listen 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, cookieboy said:

a single goal winner in   5 or 6 games v "the big teams " will show his worth. 

Like, v rangers, Hibs who he has already scored the winner against, not to mention he's scored v Celtic as well. 

🙄

Jamstomorrow
14 hours ago, Herbert said:

The difference between us and the likes of England or most other teams is that we are not good enough to play that way. We struggle to sting 3passes together at times, the players never move into space to receive the ball and were not quick enough to hit teams on the break.  Our players spend 90% walking about. We need to play fast attacking football that's the style that suits us.

Not wishing to appear pedantic, but if we are not quick enough to hit teams on the break, how are we going to play fast attacking football?

4 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Not wishing to appear pedantic, but if we are not quick enough to hit teams on the break, how are we going to play fast attacking football?

That's what transfer windows are for, instead we sign guys that are past it. The whole club top to bottom is still as rotten as the one that lost up at brora but everyone seems to have put the rose tinted specs back on. This is just another cathro/levein situation.

RustyRightPeg

His intelligence is what makes me purr over him when I watch him play. 

Best striker we’ve had in a long, long time.  

colinmaroon
38 minutes ago, Herbert said:

That's what transfer windows are for, instead we sign guys that are past it. The whole club top to bottom is still as rotten as the one that lost up at brora but everyone seems to have put the rose tinted specs back on. This is just another cathro/levein situation.

So this is where all that unsold fish has ended up.

Hackney Hearts
On 21/07/2021 at 01:57, Cruyff said:

He will most likely score 15 goals this year and lay on another 5 or 6. That's maybe a bit conservative in some folks eyes but probably more realistic given he is stepping up from last season

Stepping BACK up. He's been there and done it. 2016-17 season he scored 23 Premiership goals in 34 matches.

For a Ross County side who finished 7th.

9 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Stepping BACK up. He's been there and done it. 2016-17 season he scored 23 Premiership goals in 34 matches.

For a Ross County side who finished 7th.

Aye that was 5 years ago. He didn't score 20 last season in a lower league. I'd say that's because he's a more rounded player now, more of an unselfish team player, who drops deep, links play etc.. He was more of a poacher then. Regardless, he'll score at least 15 and lay on another 5 or 6. 

Jamstomorrow
2 hours ago, Herbert said:

Oh well.  If you feel that way, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

2 hours ago, Herbert said:

19/20 season. Ages when signed

Halkett 23

Walker 25

Washington 27

Naismith 31

Damour 27

Whelan 34

Avdijaj 22

Boyce 27

Langer 22

Castro 22

Sibbick 20

Meshino 20

20/21 season

Gordon 37

Roberts 26

Frear 29

Popescu 27

Halliday 28

Kingsley 25

GSM 29

Gnanduillet 28

McEneff 25

Stewart 25

Ginelli 23

Kastaneer 24

Logan 32

21/22 

Cochrane 21

part_time_jambo
On 20/07/2021 at 22:16, 5jambo1 said:

Top player! If he can add even more goals to his all round game then we have some player! What a signing he has been and I think everyone is realising how good a football player he is 

Strange that last season he was the whipping boy for some.

rudi must stay

He's fine. He'll get you 15 goals this season. My criticism would be he spends alot of time outside the box, save your energy for the box and putting the ball in the goal