Broken(ish) guitar advice needed.

Swahili Jambo

Swahili Jambo

A very large drunken man fell on my baby (Sonora electric acoustic) resulting in a nasty crack on the main board below the strings.  Still plays OK but rust never sleeps.  It will just get gradually worse, so I wonder if anyone out there knows if it is a right off, or alternatively, advise if it's worth getting fixed (if the latter, and you know of a shop that could do it, please let me know!!)  Thinking it's a right off and going to make the big lump pay at least halfers!! 

been here before

"The main board below the strings"? By that do you mean the neck?

If so then its not that difficult yo fix yourself, Ive done it on a couple of guitars over the years that have broken on the back of the neck.

Remove the strings, and very gently prise the crack open. Fill with copious amounts of some quality wood glue, Gorilla glue is really good. Make sure you wipe off any excess. Then clamp tightly shut taking care to protect the frets with some padding.

Leave until its totally dry- a couple of days- restring and tune gently. You may find you have to sand the rear of the neck.