It's Official: Hibs are the 3rd Biggest SPL Club

BigC

You may doubt it, but the stats don't lie.

Today I unearthed Hibs latest claim to greatness.

They are the third biggest SPL Club.......

In terms of hits to their website!!!!!

:107years:

Now, normally you would expect a link to :hobofish:.net to confirm the statement, but it didn't come from there. It came directly from the mouth of a Hibernian Football Club employee.

I work as a Sales and Marketing Manager (in a health club), so I get a lot of calls from people trying to sell advertising and sponsorship, so when my colleague took the call he told me who was calling and asked me if I wanted him to say I was in a meeting.

I figured that any time this dude spends speaking to me instead of someone else who might actually be interested would be time well spent so I asked for the call to be put through (everyone in the office knew who I was talking to).

I told the guy (who was American, which surprised me a little) my budget was limited and he said, "Well there's match programme advertising, matchball sponsorship, or if you wanted to spend a little more you could have a pitchside hoarding. And then we have our website... We're the third biggest SPL club".

At this point I stopped him and for the benefit of my colleagues in the office I repeated what he had just said. "Wow, so your the 3rd biggest club in the SPL? I didn't realise that!"

"Well maybe not in terms of league position" he said, "we're not quite consistent enough to say that, but we're working on it. In terms of website hits we are though".

Again I clarified what he had said out loud, and had to throw a pen at one of my mates to stop him laughing.

Fortunately I don't think he heard the laughter and the poor guy stayed on the phone long enough to ask for my e-mail address so he could forward on some more information.

So if anyone would like to design an advert or give me a slogan that's health and fitness related but could have..... a double meaning of some sort..... I may just send it to them and ask how much it would cost for a full page advert!

scott herbertson

How about "Test your potential"

...with a picture of Darren Campbell winning a 100metres race?

Guest S.U.S.S.

Give the truth a workout

Stretch the truth to its limit

We'll tell you your super fit, cos we lie like a hibs advertising exec.;)

Orkneyjambo

It probably is the third highest viewed official SPL website and it's not surprising that they clutch at any straws they can

Our official website won't exactly be getting many hits - what's the point - there's nothing on it after all.

If they compared the figures to Kickback they might be put in their place though

Nelly Terraces

They'll make up any old horse manure that lot. They'll probably have this latest stat in their programme next season under 'honours won'.

FTH.

Craig Gordons Gloves
They'll make up any old horse manure that lot. They'll probably have this latest stat in their programme next season under 'honours won'.

FTH.

i wonder if they will have a trophy made up to parade after the next derby.

Nelly Terraces
i wonder if they will have a trophy made up to parade after the next derby.

What, and have their local rivals turn up and wreck it? That's a bit bit far fetched. Oops, forgot.....

Surrey Jambo

That will be down to all the Real Madrid fans logging on to see if Hibs have sold them Steven Fletcher now that they've given up on Ronaldo.

Guest juvehearts

shame it wasnt a tea or embroydery (sp) company lol

could have something like...............

not had a cup in ages?.....try branded tea, with a pic of a empty cupboard.

is your life ruined by lack of sliverware?

come to x for all your embroydery needs!

:107years: :107years:

Hibernian FC Honours..........

Major Honours

Minor Honours

Its official now! :107years: :107years::hobofish::hobofish:

The Doctor

"When looking good means everything, when appearance is what counts, when style matters more than substance"

Or you could try the classic "Hello Boys", with a picture of a bloke with his shirt off.

haha, 3rd biggest team? next season they'll certainly finish in the bottom 6, that will show where they're aspirations of greatness lie

Guest juvehearts

should add to their list of minor honours.....................

championship group compeditors 2007/08 season (even though they finished bottom of it)

Tom Heaney

Major Honours

Minor Honours

You better change that first honor , you'll be giving them a hard-on telling them that the have won the SPL 4 times

These figures mean nothing to the fans but are important in marketing terms.

A bit like Hearts having a fan base of 400,000. :P

Major Honours

Minor Honours

Isn't there a rumour that the 1887 S Cup win was in fact a different, Hibernian(s)?

Isn't there a rumour that the 1887 S Cup win was in fact a different, Hibernian(s)?

I suppose Hibs weren't founded in 1875 either?

John Findlay
I suppose Hibs weren't founded in 1875 either?

Hibernians were founded in 1875. They went to the wall.

Hibernian were founded in 1892. They are still going. The present Hibernian football club are 116yrs old.

John

Hibernians were founded in 1875. They went to the wall.

Hibernian were founded in 1892. They are still going. The present Hibernian football club are 116yrs old.

John

Under a cloud of mourning following the passing of their founder, the Hibernians had to plan for the challenges ahead and their first gesture was to donate their meagre funds in full to the Committee set up to erect a suitable memorial upon Canon Hannan?s grave. No money, no home, not enough players ? adversity of the toughest possible kind, but these men of the Hibernians were made of stern stuff. Still, a horrendous decision had to be made on if to continue at a junior level and playing on public parks or to take some time out to regroup and come back to the top level when strong enough. There was no contest really, Hibernians would play at the top level or not at all and so time out was duly taken.

The time out period actually extended to some eighteen months but during that period all connected with Hibernians gave 100% in their efforts to raise the Club from the ashes. The Committee, the CYMS, St. Mary Star of the Sea, Hibernian Swimming Club and of course the supporters all worked together to bring Hibernians back to life.

It was to be the men of St. Mary Star of the Sea who would take this project to resuscitate Hibernians by the scruff of the neck. Aware that former Hibernian Thomas Flood would be leaving Glasgow and the Committee of Celtic to take up employment and residence in Edinburgh, whereupon he would join the Committee of Hibernians, the men of St. Mary Star of the Sea, driven on by the likes of Philip and John Farmer, Charles Perry, Barney Lester and Thomas McCabe laid plans for a new Hibernian Football Club.

In a major departure from the old set up these men decided that a new Hibernian would exist for the benefit of the whole community of Edinburgh and Leith and not, as in the past, solely for the Catholics. The new Club would be run as a business and the team would be open to any player, regardless of religious background as it would be to anyone who wanted to support it. Whilst these men of vision knew their aims would be difficult to achieve they set about the task with ferocious determination, helped enormously by the reaction in Little Ireland where the revolutionary ideas were met with great enthusiasm. The group dedicated to their task were delighted to receive the full support and backing of Michael Whelahan who was a close friend of Charles Perry and who was willing to accept that this new Hibernian would not sully the memory of the old, just because it was to depart from its original ideals.

Fund raising began in earnest with the new Committee men getting things going with personal donations before going out to the business world and individuals in an attempt to swell the coffers. With strenuous efforts being made to secure a new home for Hibernians the Committee suffered a blow when star player James Blessington signed for Celtic. Like McGhee and McMahon before him he first ensured that Hibernians were happy for him to secure his footballing future and though sad to see him go the honourable men of the Committee would not stand in this good servant?s way. Blessington went on to have a glittering career with both Celtic and Scotland.

With Philip Farmer at the fore Hibernians worked hard at resurrecting the beloved green jerseys and in securing a new home. Towards the end of 1892 the Committee signed a lease on a field called Drum Park. The field had a slope and the access was not great but this was to become the home of Hibernian Football Club, a home they still occupy to this day.

With Philip Farmer appointed treasurer of the resurrected Hibernians every penny that could be raised was put into creating a suitable new home ground for the Club. Meanwhile, the search for players began and as intimated in the beginning of this new venture the search went on all over Scotland and players of any religious denomination checked out as to ability.

Membership of the East of Scotland FA was sought and gained before, following several weeks of frantic work to make things ready, the new ground was formally opened on 4 February 1893 with a challenge match against Clyde. The fact that they went down 4-3 with a makeshift team mattered not. It had been 21 months since Hibernians last played a game but against all the odds they had refused to die. The final eleven months of that period were those in which Philip Farmer drove things forward and but for his dedication and endless hours of work, together with his fellow Committee members there might not be a Hibernian Football Club today. Every Hibs fan down the years since owes those men a huge debt of gratitude.

Continuity in committe members and players = same club.

kennygarland1

:confused:

You have an unhealthy interest in our hobo friends,to spend so much time typing that smacks of feck knows what but it aint healthy.Get a life my friend:confused:

In terms of hits to their website!!!!!

:107years:

Now, normally you would expect a link to :hobofish:.net to confirm the statement, but it didn't come from there. It came directly from the mouth of a Hibernian Football Club employee.

I work as a Sales and Marketing Manager (in a health club), so I get a lot of calls from people trying to sell advertising and sponsorship, so when my colleague took the call he told me who was calling and asked me if I wanted him to say I was in a meeting.

I figured that any time this dude spends speaking to me instead of someone else who might actually be interested would be time well spent so I asked for the call to be put through (everyone in the office knew who I was talking to).

I told the guy (who was American, which surprised me a little) my budget was limited and he said, "Well there's match programme advertising, matchball sponsorship, or if you wanted to spend a little more you could have a pitchside hoarding. And then we have our website... We're the third biggest SPL club".

At this point I stopped him and for the benefit of my colleagues in the office I repeated what he had just said. "Wow, so your the 3rd biggest club in the SPL? I didn't realise that!"

"Well maybe not in terms of league position" he said, "we're not quite consistent enough to say that, but we're working on it. In terms of website hits we are though".

Again I clarified what he had said out loud, and had to throw a pen at one of my mates to stop him laughing.

Fortunately I don't think he heard the laughter and the poor guy stayed on the phone long enough to ask for my e-mail address so he could forward on some more information.

So if anyone would like to design an advert or give me a slogan that's health and fitness related but could have..... a double meaning of some sort..... I may just send it to them and ask how much it would cost for a full page advert!

Carl Spackler

Major Honours

Minor Honours

You missed the Tennent's Sixes.

NoseLikeMahe
"When looking good means everything, when appearance is what counts, when style matters more than substance"

Or you could try the classic "Hello Boys", with a picture of a bloke with his shirt off.

u7.jpg

FTH.

Who cares what they say and do? The stats say Heart of Midlothian FC is and always HAS been the bigger of the clubs, going by attendances since the very start in the late 1800's. Why do you think they go around with a chip on their shoulder all the time? They'll make up anything to give themselves a bit of a boost, always have done. Just ignore them!

maltese jambo

Their websites miles better than ours, i cant stand our one its so tacky and exactly the same as all the other clubs who susbcribe to that premium tv nonsence...besides...why is a website address got 'premiumtv' in it?!

Somethin simple like...

First step... get off the smack - second step join the gym...

once YOU have got off the smack with flair, call (insert number here)

dublin6jambo

Got that right :)

So how much are they wanting for an advert on the website?

Dunno, I haven't had the promised e-mail yet.

Was on the early shift so I only checked my e-mails up until lunch time.

Girlfriend a sl@g? Still on the sk@g? Why not join hobo erectus gym!!!

Are you all better now?

winston churchill
Come to our club. We have a rapist beast as a fan.

and a couple of specky spangles from fife.

who have both buffed margo macdonald and her sexy daughter.

black stump

The guy's a salesman, thay all bull**** for a living. Would you admit you were selling crap?

Look what happend to Gerald Ratner, all he did was tell the truth....:)

Konrad von Carstein

Under a cloud of mourning ......Zzzzzzzzzzzz!

Continuity in committe members and players = same club.

Eh......no, one went bust...comittee decided to try again...second one managed to survive to be the tiresome spiteful bitter organisation we all know and love today....:cool:

Chad Sexington

Come on NT.

Does this guy look like a skulking, creepy, sex pest to you?

John_Leslie.jpg

;)

gordon the jambo
Come on NT.

Does this guy look like a skulking, creepy, sex pest to you?

John_Leslie.jpg

;)

no he is the baby sitter:eek:

Jubilee Spree

Could be worse - We could have one as our manager!

Archived