Laptop Advice Needed

Stuart Lyon

Stuart Lyon

I know that there have been earlier threads offering laptop advice but when I try a search I get a message saying I have used less than the minimum 4 words required - rubbish because I did put 4 in the first search and 6 in the 2nd attempt.

So is there anyone who could please give me some advice on an inexpensive PC that would suit a student for study and leisure?

Commander Harris

Asus and Acer are pretty good value for money if you're on a budget.

Stuart Lyon

Thanks CH - recognise these names from the older thread - they seem reasonable at under ?400.00.

Griclesfield

always try tescos in corstorphine, if its not a well known brand your after

you will be able to pick up a decent machine there for around ?300 ish mark.

I know that there have been earlier threads offering laptop advice but when I try a search I get a message saying I have used less than the minimum 4 words required - rubbish because I did put 4 in the first search and 6 in the 2nd attempt.

So is there anyone who could please give me some advice on an inexpensive PC that would suit a student for study and leisure?

There's some pretty decent offers at http://www.ebuyer.com

The Old Tolbooth

I got my hands on a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro for around the ?400 mark, it's quite a high spec apparently :wacko:

The Old Tolbooth
John where did you get it?

I bought it in PC World in Edinburgh mate, the one on the Glasgow Road.

I think I was in the right place at the right time, but if you google the make and model you might get some deals on it elsewhere as I'm sure they don't stock it anymore.

Archived