Romanov at Downing Street

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1340684,00.html

Romanov at 10 Downing Street

Vladimir Romanov and Sergejus Fedotovas are pictured at 10 Downing Street where the Prime Minister Gordon Brown last night hosted winners of the inaugural CommunityMark award.

Hearts are one of just 21 companies in the UK to receive this prestigious recognition of the outstanding activity that takes place within the community.

maroonlegions

and if the new stand and finally the whole of tynie is rebuilt he should get a knighthood.;)

scott herbertson

I understand the Award was just a front for his real reason for visiting which was to interview the mysterious thrid managerial candidate.

Hearts finances and team affairs are about to become 'prudently' managed if Labour lose the Glasgow East by-election

Say What Again

Full story:

Heart of Midlothian Football Club (Hearts) last night celebrated receiving a stunning national community award at a glittering ceremony in London.

The Edinburgh club was one of 21 UK-based pioneering businesses, five of whom were from Scotland, to achieve national CommunityMark status, at the Business in the Community's Awards for Excellence Gala Dinner at the Royal Albert Hall in London.

The event was attended by Vladimir Romanov, chairman of Hearts' majority shareholder Ubig, director Sergejus Fedotovas and marketing and communications director David Southern.

Mr Romanov and Mr Fedotovas were also guests of Prime Minister Gordon Brown at a reception, earlier in the evening, to celebrate the prestigious award.

The CommunityMark is a new national standard which publicly recognises companies that are the best investors in their communities.

Successful CommunityMark companies have passed a rigorous, independent assessment including scrutiny by their employees and community partners. In one year alone, the 21 CommunityMark companies invested almost ?600 million in the community through employee time, funding and other contributions.

John Denham, Secretary of State for Innovation, Universities and Skills, said: "The skills, strengths and sustainability of British business have never been so important to society.

"If the CommunityMark helps to bring about more effective partnerships between business and community groups, it holds out tremendous potential to deliver long-term sustainable solutions that will benefit us all."

Samantha Barber, chief executive of Scottish Business in the Community, offered her congratulations: "It's fantastic that five Scottish small to medium enterprises have achieved the CommunityMark.

"They are in the illustrious company of many FTSE-100 plcs who have far greater resources at their disposal. It shows that if you are for and of your community you can punch above your weight on the UK stage. We look forward to working with our sister charity Business in the Community to support more businesses to achieve the CommunityMark standard."

Hearts managing director Campbell Ogilvie, also chairman of the Heart of Midlothian Education and Community Trust, said: "Heart of Midlothian has played an active role in the Edinburgh and wider Scottish community for over 130 years and we are naturally delighted to be amongst the first recipients of such a prestigious award.

"The CommunityMark is recognition of the work of many people but none more so than the employees and supporters of Hearts. For example, the 'Glory and Dismay' programme has delivered real results and is an excellent reflection of our much wider community initiatives that reach more than 5,000 people directly every year and upwards of 30,000 indirectly.

"We fully intend to continue building our club in partnership with the communities and businesses of Edinburgh and elsewhere across the United Kingdom."

The trailblazing national mark was developed by Business in the Community with the support of companies, public and voluntary sector bodies, and was designed to be challenging and relevant to all concerned. The CommunityMark is endorsed by government and the voluntary sector, and supported in Scotland by Scottish Business in the Community, the business-led charity which shares its president with Business in the Community - HRH the Prince of Wales, Duke of Rothesay.

In receiving this award, Hearts is in illustrious company with a number of significant blue-chip brands also recognised, including: Contract Scotland Ltd, BT, GlaxoSmithKline, HBOS, KPMG, Marks & Spencer, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Tesco, Zurich, Ernst & Young, Barclays, Deloitte & Touche LLP UK, and J. Sainsbury PLC.

Is that some sort of Rangers tie in evidence at the left of the front row??

Rangers were also awarded / recognised.

Hans von Luck
Rangers were also awarded / recognised.

I take it that the other mhanky mob from the East end of soapdodgerville did not get a invite for bhoys against bhigotry. ;)

vladtheexhaler

I cannot for the life of me begin to think what was going through the mind of the individual on the left as they got dressed 'up' to attend Downing Street.

scott herbertson
I cannot for the life of me begin to think what was going through the mind of the individual on the left as they got dressed 'up' to attend Downing Street.

Someone told her to 'dress fancy' and she misheard?

jambovambo

Obviously turned up inappropriately dressed and was told to wear the curtains.

Chad Sexington
Someone told her to 'dress fancy' and she misheard?

She's a one woman Abigail's Party tribute.

scott herbertson
I see he elbowed his way up to the front. :rolleyes:

When I saw the photo I automatically looked to the front row - no way would Vlad be peeking over someone's shoulder

Unless they are Head Coach of Hearts of course!

I take it that the other mhanky mob from the East end of soapdodgerville did not get a invite for bhoys against bhigotry. ;)

Their intherference in the commhunity was dheemed tooo fhriendly.

:P

Is that some sort of Rangers tie in evidence at the left of the front row??

Thats what I thought as well, it certainly strongly resembles one.

Edit:

Ah I see someone has noted that they were also recognised.

I P Knightley

If you look closely, you'll see that she's FAT.

Busy, flowery, flowing dresses do miracles to hide the fact that you're large.

(You're a cruel man, Vlad!)

Given their history of "service" to youth it's unlikely the mhanks will ever get an invitation. :sad:;)

jambovambo

(

Oooo ... hark at Trinny here ...

vladtheexhaler

(You're a cruel man, Vlad!)

And to think I deliberately didn't specify a gender in an attempt to avoid offending said 'woman'

Jimmy McNulty
Given their history of "service" to youth it's unlikely the mhanks will ever get an invitation. :sad:;)

Heh heh. Big.....................

Archived