Ipswich in for Skacel

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

http://wwww.clubfanzine.com/ipswich_town/v2.showNews.php?id=11815

Town Chasing Southampton's Sk?cel

Tuesday 08 Jul 2008 13:54:09 by Phil

TWTD understands that Southampton?s Rudi Sk?cel is the man Jim Magilton is targeting in order to solve Town?s lack of left-sided midfielders.

The Czech international is well-known to new international scout Simon Hunt, who took the 28-year-old to Hearts during his time at Tynecastle.

The Saints are believed to want ?1 million for the 5ft 10in tall midfielder, who started his career with Hradec Kr?lov? in his home country, moving on to Slavia Prague in 2002.

After just over a year with Slavia, during which time he won the Czech Cup and was in the Czech team which won the 2002 European U21 Championships, Sk?cel joined Olympique Marseille in France for ?2.5 million, where spent two years but failed to make a serious impression, particularly after manager Alain Perrin moved on.

Loan spells at Panathinaikos and then Hearts followed, before a permanent ?1.6 million switch to Southampton in the summer of 2006, the Trutnov-born player signing a four-year deal.

In January, Sk?cel joined Hertha Berlin in the German Bundesliga in an attempt to win himself a place in the Czech squad at Euro 2008, something he felt was unlikely if he was playing in the Championship.

Sk?cel, who has been capped five times by his country, scoring his only goal on his debut against Canada in 2003, was called into the Czech squad for the tournament as a late replacement but failed to make an appearance.

Hertha are believed to have had an option to sign Sk?cel but have decided against making the move a permanent one.

Say What Again
Let it go already.

Why are threads about Rudi Skacel always met with this type of response?

Had the thread been about, for example, Andy Kirk's latest career move, the responses would have been along the lines of 'Good player for us, we could do with him now'.

Cheers for the info Baps.

Let it go already.

I like to know where former Hearts players are moving, especially Scottish Cup winners, and that includes the likes of Ibrahim Tall :laugh:

Dr. Bapswent

Had the thread been about, for example, Andy Kirk's latest career move, the responses would have been along the lines of 'Good player for us, we could do with him now'.

Its just info.

If people don't want it, ignore it.

It'll drop of the page.

If people keep replying, with, jeez, let it go comments, it'll stick around.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Its just info.

If people don't want it, ignore it.

It'll drop of the page.

If people keep replying, with, jeez, let it go comments, it'll stick around.

Jeez, let it go :)

I'd be surprised if no one better came in for him. Ok, things didn't work out at Southampton but by all accounts played well at Hertha Berlin, plus he got into the Euro 2008 squad.

Sexton Hardcastle

Maybe i should start a thread about how much i support Hearts, how im not renewing, how robbie is **** and how vlad is a nob.

This place does make you laugh.

Queue Hobo

tartofmidlothian

I was more interested to read about Simon Hunt being back at Ipswich. He had an eye for a player, didn't he?

We could do with him now, etc etc.

Whenever I read things like that, I can't help but come over all unreasonably hopeful. I know he's not coming back, but I still really really wish he would. Humph.

Maybe the fact that he got a louder cheer & song than the man of the hour at Robbie's testimonial was enough to remind him how much he enjoyed it here....

Yes, I know...

troonjambo

because it hurts

Guest jambomickey
I was more interested to read about Simon Hunt being back at Ipswich. He had an eye for a player, didn't he?

We could do with him now, etc etc.

like the name hahaha

tartofmidlothian
like the name hahaha

Cheers, Jambo 38. I'm not really a tart, though.

Say What Again
Maybe i should start a thread about how much i support Hearts, how im not renewing, how robbie is **** and how vlad is a nob.

No, because that would be tired old ground. Threads appear on these subjects frequently (which I'm sure, is what you're getting at).

This is a new piece of info on a ex-player. A player I don't think I've seen a thread about on here recently.

So not much like your example above at all really.

No, because that would be tired old ground. Threads appear on these subjects frequently (which I'm sure, is what you're getting at).

This is a new piece of info on a ex-player. A player I don't think I've seen a thread about on here recently.

So not much like your example above at all really.

Not just any old ex-player.

In my eyes, genuinely one of the very best.

See since you seem to listening now Vlad

Can I have him back please?

Singularly one of the most exciting players I have seen at Tynecastle. You know how you said a couple of years ago you were looking to replace Skacel?

Gonnae replace him with Skacel.

Cheers

Any excuse to show my video.

GET HIM BACK NOW

Have watched that every so often.

What a player Rudi was for us. Howitzer of a left foot. Have never seen a Hearts player who just didn't seem to miss for that wonderful few months. Absolutely brilliant to watch, goalscorer and penalty scorer in the Cup final too.

Was fantastic to see him back for Robbie's game - and he was straight back into it with a belted shot into the top corner!

:pray::pray::pray:

Whenever I read things like that, I can't help but come over all unreasonably hopeful. I know he's not coming back, but I still really really wish he would. Humph.

Maybe the fact that he got a louder cheer & song than the man of the hour at Robbie's testimonial was enough to remind him how much he enjoyed it here....

Yes, I know...

Its ridiculous isnt it.

We were right for Rudi. Rudi right for us.

I do think a lot of his heart still wishes he was here. Might his heart ever overrule his head??

Erm no.

Damn

That video of Rudi really brings back the memories. Favourite ever time of being a Hearts fan was when he was at the top of his game and we were battering every team in sight, going to Parkhead and getting a draw and singing we are unbeatable and actually believing it.

Why did Vlad have to do this to us!!!!

What a team that was

Gordon, Fyssas, Webster, Elvis, Rudi, Brellier, Hartley, Janny and Bednar. We really were just a couple of players short of an unbelievable side.

Captain Lithuania
See since you seem to listening now Vlad

Can I have him back please?

Singularly one of the most exciting players I have seen at Tynecastle. You know how you said a couple of years ago you were looking to replace Skacel?

Gonnae replace him with Skacel.

Cheers

Ahh the days :)

Gordon, Fyssas, Brellier, Skacel, Pospisil, Hartley, Pressley.. What a team!

Ahh the days :)

Gordon, Fyssas, Brellier, Skacel, Pospisil, Hartley, Pressley.. What a team!

2 players and a decent manager away from getting into the Champs League groups the next season IMO

There really wasnt that much more outlay needed for that.

Such a waste.

Captain Lithuania
2 players and a decent manager away from getting into the Champs League groups the next season IMO

There really wasnt that much more outlay needed for that.

Such a waste.

Think.. IF Vlad never got rid of Burley where we would be.. Champions of Scotland! Perhaps even of Europe!

Chad Sexington
Think.. IF Vlad never got rid of Burley where we would be.. Champions of Scotland! Perhaps even of Europe!

Whooa now!! :eek:

I bet you that makes it's way onto needleexchange.net.

:)

Captain Lithuania
Whooa now!! :eek:

I bet you that makes it's way onto needleexchange.net.

:)

I didn't mean champions league, the diddy huns got to the final of the UEFA cup.. I think we could have.

Seymour M Hersh
Yep, he was crap.

;)

Thanks Lovecraft, never seen it before (that I can recall) great work and what memories.

Not having a go at the OP here but how do people find links like these? do you trawl through the Internet all day trying to find something of Intrest to put up on here or is there an easier way.

Just wondering likes

Pete Seeger
That video of Rudi really brings back the memories. Favourite ever time of being a Hearts fan was when he was at the top of his game and we were battering every team in sight, going to Parkhead and getting a draw and singing we are unbeatable and actually believing it.

Why did Vlad have to do this to us!!!!

What a team that was

Gordon, Fyssas, Webster, Elvis, Rudi, Brellier, Hartley, Janny and Bednar. We really were just a couple of players short of an unbelievable side.

Don't forget Robbie. Good times. Rudi is Possibly the most exciting player I've seen in a hearts shirt.

Do The Dance
Not having a go at the OP here but how do people find links like these? do you trawl through the Internet all day trying to find something of Intrest to put up on here or is there an easier way.

Just wondering likes

www.newsnow.co.uk

type in Hearts into the search box and it brings up stories relating to your keyword. This story has Hearts mentioned in the story, so it's brought up.

siegementality

I miss Rudi. He summed up everything about that Hearts side at the time, brilliant to begin with, faultered when the interference started.

Oh what could have been!

Not just any old ex-player.

In my eyes, genuinely one of the very best.

Agreed.

If his prospective suitors are Ipswich, I would love to see us go for him again.

GET HIM BACK NOW

Great stuff

His likes are sadly missed

Not trying to start a new debate but I found it quite interesting that a certain young player called Callum Elliot was present in quite a few of the games.

Hearts Heritage
I miss Rudi. He summed up everything about that Hearts side at the time, brilliant to begin with, faultered when the interference started.

Oh what could have been!

When we signed him we were told he was a 'half season' player by other fans from clubs he'd played at previously. See nothing to disagree with that analysis regards his 'post Hearts' performances.

Pants Shaton
When we signed him we were told he was a 'half season' player by other fans from clubs he'd played at previously. See nothing to disagree with that analysis regards his 'post Hearts' performances.

But what a half season. The biggest impact in my time as a Hearts supporter.

gowestjambo

GET HIM BACK NOW

Puts into perspective how far we have fallen since those heady days. As a supporter for over 45 years I have not seen many better than Skacel!

What a coup if Romanov had the bottle to get him back! (would need someone to stop the stampede for those unsold season tickets!!)

Half a season from Skacel would have been enough to make him Player of the Year last year. His form in the second half of that season coincided with Hearts stumbling over the line. Had VR not sacked Burley then I think he would have been a shoo in for Scotland's Player of the Year.

Its ridiculous isnt it.

We were right for Rudi. Rudi right for us.

I do think a lot of his heart still wishes he was here. Might his heart ever overrule his head??

Erm no.

Damn

Ridiculous, yup...but would it not be the perfect way for Vlad to make us all unbearably happy again? We had such a beautiful thing going...Rudi and us...us and Rudi...

His heart could overrule his head...of course...but did it all mean as much to him as it did to us? If not, I don't think I could bear it. Imagine if he rejected us again? We might never recover...

:unlove:

Bet he doesn't write on t-shirts for just any old supporters y'know...

Drylaw Hearts
Ridiculous, yup...but would it not be the perfect way for Vlad to make us all unbearably happy again? We had such a beautiful thing going...Rudi and us...us and Rudi...

His heart could overrule his head...of course...but did it all mean as much to him as it did to us? If not, I don't think I could bear it. Imagine if he rejected us again? We might never recover...

:unlove:

Bet he doesn't write on t-shirts for just any old supporters y'know...

Or for any old Manager !!

;)

Or for any old Manager !!

;)

:biggrin:

Reality checks don't really suit the mood in this thread DH. Could you try a little 'wistful' for size instead?

Archived