Premier Sports cup draw and fixtures

Newton51

2 minutes ago, flem said:

Why are we in the North section but Dunfermline are in the South? 

Edinburgh City are in the South Section, despite technically being further north than we are :lol: 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Mikey1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Newton51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, flem said:

Surely we can be seeded in the South section? 

I think its sort of South and west / North and East , def needs to be shaken up though

Saint Jambo
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Dunfermline in the South but yet North of Edinburgh, to satisfy seeding of ourselves I guess?

Yes. Effectively they look at the eight seeded teams and split them between North(/East) and South(/West), then the same for the second seeds, then the same for the unseeded teams. I'm hoping that we won't be in the groups again and are in Europe instead, but if we are I hope that that we flip into the South grouping next time.

The Challenge Cup draw will have our B team in the North Section  if we use Linlithgow as before as our home pitch

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

Thanks for the heads up. Have to say the regionalisation factor is beginning to make it feel quite stale.

I'd happily take some clubs closer to home and that we haven't played for a while this time. Midweek trips to the Highlands and Grampian are a tough ask from Glasgow without taking time off work. Something like Arbroath, Stirling Albion, Kelty Hearts and Montrose. Of course this is all based on my optimism that some away fans will be allowed in to these games.

As it will be limited numbers for home games at best, I think its highly unlikely that we will be able to go to away games for quite some time 

portobellojambo1
3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

As it will be limited numbers for home games at best, I think its highly unlikely that we will be able to go to away games for quite some time 

I agree that it is probably unlikely we will be able to attend any of the away games. I'm guessing that for the home games, if they are limited to, for example, 25% of stadium capacity the club may take into account how many ST holders there are and then do some sort of draw to determine which people can attend the home ties to try and get some sort of even split amongst every ST holder of home games they can attend, even though cup ties aren't included in the actual ST (would make it a bit chaotic/unfair if for a home cup tie it became simply a first come, first served sort of thing, and a percentage were to even end up going to non ST holders).

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, martoon said:

Bells League Cup was the first 40 years ago.

Time they renewed  the old flower vase , and made it look like something worth winning,   horrible cup......

4 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Time they renewed  the old flower vase , and made it look like something worth winning,   horrible cup......

4D2D02FF-F4A4-483E-B506-EEB949A8BA4A.jpeg

Lord Beni of Gorgie
25 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Yes. Effectively they look at the eight seeded teams and split them between North(/East) and South(/West), then the same for the second seeds, then the same for the unseeded teams. I'm hoping that we won't be in the groups again and are in Europe instead, but if we are I hope that that we flip into the South grouping next time.

If Covid free, works in my favour based in North, but do I really want to suffer Cove or Peterhead again?

@sadjno Cowdenbeath ticket "scare" this time :kirklol:

Nookie Bear

Please put this competition out of its misery.

Or at least use it to try out things like maximum number of non-Scots, 3 under-21s minimum in starting line up etc

frankblack
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

With 5 clubs in Europe will be group winners and only 3 top placed 2nd places into last 16. 

Never understood the exclusion of most of these teams who will be out on their arses after one tie in Europe.

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

With 5 clubs in Europe will be group winners and only 3 top placed 2nd places into last 16. 

Only 3 seeded positions from Group winners for 2nd round knock out. Though we've a better record in last 16 as non-seeded. 

Edited by Mikey1874

• davemclaren changed the title to Premier Sports cup draw
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Bet ICT want us up there, probably be better for them if no away fans are allowed. 

The format has been top seeded team plays 2nd seeds at home. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

The format has been top seeded team plays 2nd seeds at home. 

Thanks for that, why we play them nearly every year at Tynecastle. 
Hope to get a trip up there soon. 

ScottieMac17

Hopefully we get Cove at home too, be nice to see Sir Paul Hartley back in Tynecastle... Hopefully with fans

51 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If Covid free, works in my favour based in North, but do I really want to suffer Cove or Peterhead again?

@sadjno Cowdenbeath ticket "scare" this time :kirklol:

🤣🤣 Least the kids are safe from the undeserved wrath of ticketgate this time 🤣🤣

Cove was ok , Haring was a stand out and Morrison didn’t understand what to do with a football or that he didnt have to be touching the sideline the whole game. That game epitomised us though should have been 5/6-1 and was 2-1 going on 0-0 it was so devoid of entertainment. Untangle all those things in one statement 🙃   

30 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I've been saying that since I was at Carrick Knowe Primary school and I've been retired for nearly four years......

:vrface:

Aye right like it was even built when you were Primary age 🙃

31 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Do we have the fixtures yet or just the groups that have been drawn?

Just the groups.

Fixtures depend also on tv games being decided. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
47 minutes ago, sadj said:

🤣🤣 Least the kids are safe from the undeserved wrath of ticketgate this time 🤣🤣

Cove was ok , Haring was a stand out and Morrison didn’t understand what to do with a football or that he didnt have to be touching the sideline the whole game. That game epitomised us though should have been 5/6-1 and was 2-1 going on 0-0 it was so devoid of entertainment. Untangle all those things in one statement 🙃   

Bizarrely I was in East Yorkshire night of the Cove game, you cant write these things

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Well at least we avoided Brora we are in with a chance 

Stop stealing my lines

Will be our stretched goal to top this group I imagine.  It’s a notoriously difficult group to win but we have the right people in charge to make sure it happens, will be a fabulous achievement. 

League Cup what a joke …. Sections split North / South when it’s really East / West and teams playing in it that aren’t even in the league!

Would still love to be there to see us winning it, a win is long overdue!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

When I was young we never seemed to qualify out the group stage - once when two teams qualified we finished third behind Berwick Rangers. 

Then when we finally did so we lost 1-0 on aggregate to Falkirk in the Quarters when the "sponge man" checked on John Gallacher, wiped his face and helped him to his feet. Gallacher lost his man at the free kick for the goal and it turned out John had a broken leg. We seemed to be ill fated.........

Smoked-Glass
18 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Final is on 19/12/21. Written in the stars

After Scotland win Qatar wc

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just the groups.

Fixtures depend also on tv games being decided. 

Thanks Mikey 👍

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, JTJ said:

I'd guess TV games to come from

Hearts v Inverness

Ross Co v Dundee

Livingston v Raith 

St Mirren v Pars

As Premier Sports are sponsoring I expect they will want to maximize the coverage, so we could have two live games on each round of matches, split over two days

4 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

new sponsors/name for the League Cup

Thanks, had no idea what competition it was 

4 hours ago, JTJ said:

I'd guess TV games to come from

Hearts v Inverness

Ross Co v Dundee

Livingston v Raith 

St Mirren v Pars

Think Motherwell v Airdrie will have a bit of spice as well 

colinmaroon

Pit they had to give us Stirling Albion.  They tried Brora but, well if the heated ball ain't in the pot in the first place. . . . 

9 hours ago, ritchies75 said:

The artist formally known as the:

Bedfred Cup

Utilita Energy Cup

QTS Group Cup

Communities Cup

CIS Insurance Cup

Coca Cola Cup

Skol Lager Cup

Or just the League Cup

Fizzy juice cup to me .

28 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Better link 

Hope fans are back in by then. Long shot I know but I hope so.

• davemclaren changed the title to Premier Sports cup draw and fixtures
Ford Prentice

Why are they showing our home games? Would make more sense to show away games surely both for us and Premier Sports.

Thought I'd get a wee game on my birthday this year...but no, the fecking weekend we've got free. 🤣