• vegas-voss

• Tazio

• TheOak88

• Pasquale for King

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

vegas-voss
39 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Easy done, they look like kissing cousins to be fair 😆.  

All related 

jamboinglasgow

He has scored 4 goals in his last 16 league games. I did think when they turned down the second bid in January (when he was already on a low scoring spell) that they should have accepted it and used the money. 

How can it be that Nesbitt and all their other multi million pound players fail to turn up for a winnable cup final. Why if they're that good did none of them come out in the second half and get fired into a Saints side who were running out of steam. That game should have been a godsend for these players to show what they can do and justify their price tags. Looked like they hibsed that too.

millerjames398

Heard that steve cowan, rip him a new one on the radio earlier, basically saying he was nowhere near, international level😂🇱🇻

Joint 2nd top goal scorer in the top flight this season. Not bad for his first season playing at that level.

Spellczech

Not exactly a big occasion player. Exact opposite of Griffiths in that respect. We're taking the wrong one to the Euros I think...

Both him and Doidge were mentioned on West Ham transfer thread as possible cheap options.

Obviously crackheads on KUMB 😀

2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Not exactly a big occasion player. Exact opposite of Griffiths in that respect. We're taking the wrong one to the Euros I think...

Worrying 

Tynecastlesmychurch

Look hibs lost so I’m happy to admit that I think he’s a decent player. Just my opinion. That being said he didn’t turn up when hibs really needed him too.
But you could say that about their whole squad today.

Barring the keeper saving a penalty and then the rebound. 

Just now, cookieboy said:

is this about Nisbet ? or who is Nesbitt ? FTH he is pish

Nisbet is ok against the minnows but Consistently fails to turn up on big occasions. 

Jambo in Bathgate
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Shite. 

Like Shankland, just not very good. 

That doig is shite anaw. 

Boyle is a diving prick, he's shite anaw. 

Portyhouse is a cart horse and no where ear Souttar. 

That centre half hanlan is a ****ing huddy as well. 

Hibs are shite, we'll close the "gap" by December. 

The Shit pundits on BBC Sportsound last night were bigging Nesbitt up. He’s done nothing and shouldn’t be near Euros. 

30 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Joint 2nd top goal scorer in the top flight this season. Not bad for his first season playing at that level.

However just like Hibs usually do he collapsed after December. 

I think he’s decent. As long as the game is meaningless or against pish. Under those circumstances he’s your man, other than that he’s shite. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

However just like Hibs usually do he collapsed after December. 

He definitely had a dip in form for a couple months. But 14 goals in your first season of top flight football isn’t to be sniffed at. 

Will be interesting to see if he can replicate it next season or if this was a bit of a one off. 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

No doubt about that, no way he’s changing a game off the bench. 

Guest ToqueJambo
34 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Nisbet is ok against the minnows but Consistently fails to turn up on big occasions. 

Exactly this. 14 goals sounds great until you see he couldn't score against Hearts, Aberdeen and Rangers or when it really mattered in big cup games. 

The Treasurer
51 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I know who I'd rather bring on if we need a goal 

50 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

He definitely had a dip in form for a couple months. But 14 goals in your first season of top flight football isn’t to be sniffed at. 

Will be interesting to see if he can replicate it next season or if this was a bit of a one off. 

It will be interesting indeed as his current trajectory says that after initially scoring well defenders worked out his game, classic later season slump for some forwards. Next season will be the proof of the pudding. 

27 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Exactly this. 14 goals sounds great until you see he couldn't score against Hearts, Aberdeen and Rangers or when it really mattered in big cup games. 

Did he not score three or four in one game against Livi? Which means he managed 10 or 11 goals in all his other matches. Pretty mediocre, I’d say.

drumie jambo
3 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t see it with this guy?

He’s looked pretty average any time I’ve seen him.

Couldnae score in a brothel

Fultons Right Leg

Dinnae get it. Never have, never will. 

He’s peaked. Lower divisions beckon. 

(I might be being unfair but surely you can let me away with it tonight of all nights?!)

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

nobody knows how Griffiths is though mentally or physically. 
A fully fit and functional Thumb is a definite starter

3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

nobody knows how Griffiths is though mentally or physically. 
A fully fit and functional Thumb is a definite starter

Or how much he lost at the bookies today.....allegedly! 

:fth:

Like many of the Leith Globetrotters he is vastly overrated. 

I called out Doig on another thread and was shot down by a couple of posters. He is utter dung can’t defend, can’t pass, can’t control a football, can’t cross. Has a good engine to get up and down but zero attributes of a semi decent footballer. 

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, S Form said:

Did he not score three or four in one game against Livi? Which means he managed 10 or 11 goals in all his other matches. Pretty mediocre, I’d say.

He's a bit of a  Shankland or Cummings type for me. Against mediocre defenders there's a good chance he'll score, but he doesn't have any stand out attributes that make him look like an international or a player at a higher level than he is now. 

He's been a good signing and is a good age, but I don't see the hype at all. Maybe if they're lucky they could get 2m like Livvy got for Dykes, but Dykes was a better more proven player. Hibs invested what 250k in him so I can see why they want a return but you don't need to spend that in Scotland to get a 14 goal striker.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

The equivalent of being joint top scorer in the Scottish championship.

Despite the protestations of many. The step upto the SPL is not a large one in terms of quality.

22 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Not even a leith one. 

I take it he doesn’t have a sister then? 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Definitely a good first season. Not international or 2-4m class though. Debatable if it's even 250k class, given many players have arrived in the Premiership on free transfers and scored that many, even for us! 

If they do get a big fee that's a good result though but not exactly helpful in a team building sense unless they reinvest the fee wisely. I think the debate is, is he really good enough to get them that big fee?

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Definitely a good first season. Not international or 2-4m class though. Debatable if it's even 250k class, given many players have arrived in the Premiership on free transfers and scored that many, even for us! 

If they do get a big fee that's a good result though but not exactly helpful in a team building sense unless they reinvest the fee wisely. I think the debate is, is he really good enough to get them that big fee?

They spoke about selling assets to cover costs. Gordon said they dont need to sell anyone though 🤷🏻‍♂️ Who cares though

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Shite. 

Like Shankland, just not very good. 

That doig is shite anaw. 

Boyle is a diving prick, he's shite anaw. 

Portyhouse is a cart horse and no where ear Souttar. 

That centre half hanlan is a ****ing huddy as well. 

Hibs are shite, we'll close the "gap" by December. 

One good thing about no crowds and no fan sound effects was hearing Porteous squeal like a bairn.

And he thinks he some sort of hard man.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

One good thing about no crowds and no fan sound effects was hearing Porteous squeal like a bairn.

And he thinks he some sort of hard man.

That's the thing, players who think they're hard but can't play that well just became liabilities - like he was today. He's made so many mistakes for Hibs. With good defenders you don't see them steaming in to tackles because they don't need to thanks to their positional sense or their speed - neither of which Porteous seems to have. Another one I simply don't get the hype about, or believe the figures being quoted.

Nookie Bear
55 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's the thing, players who think they're hard but can't play that well just became liabilities - like he was today. He's made so many mistakes for Hibs. With good defenders you don't see them steaming in to tackles because they don't need to thanks to their positional sense or their speed - neither of which Porteous seems to have. Another one I simply don't get the hype about, or believe the figures being quoted.

Whats Porteous rated again? £2m, was it?

Based on that, a fully fit Souttar is worth £15m

**** it, based on that, Halkett is worth £2m. 

This is My Story Podcast

Never saw it either. Sounds extremely bitter to say that but I just don’t get it with him. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He has scored 4 goals in his last 16 league games. I did think when they turned down the second bid in January (when he was already on a low scoring spell) that they should have accepted it and used the money. 

But then they wouldn't have won the cup double. Oh...

jamboinglasgow
5 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Most of his goals coming earlier in the season suggests to me a striker who made an impact then was figured out by the defenders in the league. Happens to quite a few strikers, Uche made a big impact (maybe not as much in goals) earlier in his first season, then defenders figured him out and he was never the same.

The latest in a very long line of Hibs players that get ridiculously overhyped but are actually terrible at football

Clarke reported as saying up to 10 players may not get game time in Euros.

Practically knows team.

With only 4 strikers is that good or bad for Nisbet?

I think Shankland is the better footballer personally and he's barely up to it either.

Overrated bottle merchant. Griffiths should be in there, a guy who might actually get you a goal off the bench.