• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guess they're buying out one of their shan goalies.

Surprised Bishop is getting traded.

The chat is Dallas want TBL to take one of their goalies. Bishop needs to go due to cap issues apparently.

Holland gets asked 'obviously you cant talk about Steven Stamkos, but will you be talking to him at Midnight when the free agency discussions begin?' - :cornette:

Pens have said they plan to use one of their two second rounders on a D man.

We've given away our second rounders so I don't think I'll bother with the draft today.

Edited by Gershwin

We've given away our second rounders so I don't think I'll bother with the draft today.

You perhaps should. I was reading a bit, from various GM's and scouts, and they all said this is the deepest draft for many years.

Its on the NHL Network today and I think there is also a live stream on NHL.com

You perhaps should. I was reading a bit, from various GM's and scouts, and they all said this is the deepest draft for many years.

Its on the NHL Network today and I think there is also a live stream on NHL.com

Funny that, as I'd read it was considered a fairly weak draft outside the top 15 :lol:

Funny that, as I'd read it was considered a fairly weak draft outside the top 15 :lol:

The stories I've read all had the phrase 'deep, deep draft'. Bob McKenzie said similar yesterday.

The stories I've read all had the phrase 'deep, deep draft'. Bob McKenzie said similar yesterday.

Guess we'll find out in a few years!

I notice Sean Day went to the Rangers in the 3rd Round.

Guess we'll find out in a few years!

I notice Sean Day went to the Rangers in the 3rd Round.

Interesting draft for me. Pens took a goalie, who ended up at 55 despite being the highest ranked goalie in the draft. BPA in play there and all the picks for us it seems. For the first time I can remember, there were no Slovaks taken and only 4 Czechs. More Americans in the first round than Canadians in the first round, for the first time ever.

Interesting draft for me. Pens took a goalie, who ended up at 55 despite being the highest ranked goalie in the draft. BPA in play there and all the picks for us it seems. For the first time I can remember, there were no Slovaks taken and only 4 Czechs. More Americans in the first round than Canadians in the first round, for the first time ever.

There was a scouting report on Sportsnet that suggested all the goalies this year were shite (not in those words obviously :lol:). Goalies tend to go quite late anyway though.

Just reading up on some of the Habs picks and I came across this video of Victor Mete (our 4th round selection). **** me can this boy skate! His technique is amazing. Looked like he was going in fast-forward on a few of the highlights. He's fairly small for a D-Man but surely he could make it as a winger?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blOPablC2WA

There was a scouting report on Sportsnet that suggested all the goalies this year were shite (not in those words obviously :lol:). Goalies tend to go quite late anyway though.

Goalie scouting tends to be a bit of a crapshoot anyway. There were a few that thought Matt Murray wouldnt be NHL quality, and he's now a Stanley Cup winner.

In other news, Lindros finally makes it to the Hall of Fame and Strombo is OUT as HNIC host and replaced by the legend that is Ron MacLean.

Edited by Chester?

In other news, Lindros finally makes it to the Hall of Fame and Strombo is OUT as HNIC host and replaced by the legend that is Ron MacLean.

Didn't mind Strombo roaming around the studio. Have they fired Don Cherry yet?

Didn't mind Strombo roaming around the studio. Have they fired Don Cherry yet?

Just given a multi year extension. :jjyay:

I wasn't that bothered by Strombo but it seems a lot were; both young and old.

In further news, Glenn Healy has also been given his jotters. :jjyay:

Just given a multi year extension. :jjyay:

I wasn't that bothered by Strombo but it seems a lot were; both young and old.

In further news, Glenn Healy has also been given his jotters. :jjyay:

:yas:

**** you Healy.

PJ Stock emptied too. Opinionated ^^^^

:verysmug:

Soooooooo.....

Who's Stamkos going to sign for then?

Toronto?

Buffalo?

Detroit?

Tampa?

Montreal? :jj:

Edinburgh Capitals?

Soooooooo.....

Who's Stamkos going to sign for then?

Toronto?

Buffalo?

Detroit?

Tampa?

Montreal? :jj:

Edinburgh Capitals?

I saw somewhere that apparently Boston are the surprising favourites right now! TBH, I think its either Tampa or Detroit. I just get the feeling, despite being local, he just doesnt fancy Toronto (expect him to sign there, within minutes of the official opening of free agency).

In other news, Lootich looks likely to be signing for Edmonton.

I saw somewhere that apparently Boston are the surprising favourites right now! TBH, I think its either Tampa or Detroit. I just get the feeling, despite being local, he just doesnt fancy Toronto (expect him to sign there, within minutes of the official opening of free agency).

In other news, Lootich looks likely to be signing for Edmonton.

For some reason, probably the money quoted, I reckon he's going to join the Sabres.

Re: Lucy to Edmonton - do they realise they need to sort out their D? There must be some Oiler trade action pending.

For some reason, probably the money quoted, I reckon he's going to join the Sabres.

Re: Lucy to Edmonton - do they realise they need to sort out their D? There must be some Oiler trade action pending.

He's said that money isnt the issue but the term and the team. Thats usually bollocks but you never know.

As for Lootich, he's denied it but multiple sources say he's going to sign there. Edmonton havent a clue.

He's said that money isnt the issue but the term and the team. Thats usually bollocks but you never know.

As for Lootich, he's denied it but multiple sources say he's going to sign there. Edmonton havent a clue.

Kind of hope he does sign there as it means RNH, Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle might be available. Not sure if we've got the D to offer them though. Could see one of them getting traded for Kevin Shattenpants.

I see Lucic met with Vancouver as well.

Just reading they had the mayor drop in to say hi :lol:

He's a Vancouver boy. Wouldn't be shocked to see him pie Edmonton and go there.

alwaysthereinspirit

Subban off to Nashville for Shea Weber....good, bad, meh ?

That's a meaty trade. Canadiens will be bumming I would imagine. $9 million cap hit though for Nashville.

Subban off to Nashville for Shea Weber....good, bad, meh ?

:muggy:

Not sure about this one.

Looks a terrible trade at the moment. Weber is older for a start. And I have a ****ing Subban jersey.

Edited by Gershwin

In other news, Hall traded to NJ for Adam Larsson.

Good to see hockey has reached the Peebles masses. :look:

Has to be said, I think the Habs have made a boo boo here. Certainly backing for Therrien.

Good to see hockey has reached the Peebles masses. :look:

Has to be said, I think the Habs have made a boo boo here. Certainly backing for Therrien.

The fans ain't happy. Weber is declining and we have him for another 9/10 years!

Therrien and Bergevin can GTF. Molson has had a 'mare here.

Subban saying he 'feels closer to winning a Stanley Cup now'. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is great fun. I might break out the cigars, watch the fallout and get the rerun of winning the Stanley Cup on again. :jjyay:

Konrad von Carstein

:muggy:

Not sure about this one.

Looks a terrible trade at the moment. Weber is older for a start. And I have a ******* Subban jersey.

You canny wear that in public surely. ....

*that jj swiveling eye smiley*

You canny wear that in public surely. ....

*that jj swiveling eye smiley*

Only gets wheeled out for special occasions.

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic