Coldplay new tune

rudi must stay

It reminds me of something, maybe from the 80s, but I can't put a finger on what. It's a bit meh. 

Without listening to it I reckon it sounds a bit like a lot of their previous formulaic bilge.  Amirite?

36 minutes ago, been here before said:

Music by wanks for wanks.

31 minutes ago, Cade said:

Cynically cashing in on the current 80's zeitgeist.

Pish.

27 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Without listening to it I reckon it sounds a bit like a lot of their previous formulaic bilge.  Amirite?

:spoton:

Heard it on radio the other day.  DJ said it was produced by whichever mup produced the weeknd blinding lights, which makes sense as the coldplay song sounds like a half-hearted copy of that.  Sounds like shite to me.

I quite liked Parachutes and a few tracks of the 2nd album.  Disliked everything I've heard since.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, been here before said:

I would imagine that was Mozart's Moto 

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, been here before said:

That was neil diamond.  You no seen that  movie he done called The Jiizz Singer? 

been here before
1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

That was neil diamond.  You no seen that  movie he done called The Jiizz Singer? 

Jizz Slinger surely.

Auldbenches
18 minutes ago, been here before said:

Jizz Slinger surely.

I didn't think it would get through the swear filter.  

Edit.  Never spotted your pun.  

Edited by Auldbenches

2 hours ago, Dia Liom said:

Heard it on radio the other day.  DJ said it was produced by whichever mup produced the weeknd blinding lights, which makes sense as the coldplay song sounds like a half-hearted copy of that.  Sounds like shite to me.

I quite liked Parachutes and a few tracks of the 2nd album.  Disliked everything I've heard since.

I was just thinking it that it sounds like they're trying to replicate The Weeknd's 'Blinding lights' and failing.

Edited by Ray Gin

Der Kaiser

If everyone in the Terminator Movie Universe (including the Terminators) were uber gay.....Chris Martins clothes would be the resistance uniform.

Edited by Der Kaiser

Spellczech

Meant to be retro 80s sound like various offerings by Gaga, Dua Lipa, Wknd etc but it lacks their usual catchiness. Forgettable as a Bieber song...

It sounds like a pale imitation of Boys Of Summer to me. Pretty sure a Dua Lipa song was influenced by that as well.

The only Coldplay song in recent years that was vaguely passable to my ears was Talk but only because it took a riff from Computer Love by Kraftwerk and that's a melody nigh on impossible to ruin.

Edited by Costanza

All roads lead to Gorgie

I don't want to listen to it as I know my YouTube suggestion list will then be full of Coldplay stuff.

Parachutes was OK as an album as it wasn't over produced but since then everything has a similar sound, too slick and boring. Music needs to have a depth to it, their's doesn't. 

20 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Thoughts?

I thought they decided not to make more music, something to do with their beliefs or whatever. 

**** me that is horrendous.  I have been watching/listening to their decline for years but this is pretty low.

How can a band that brought such pleasure to me with Parachutes, A Rush of Blood to the head and to a much lesser extent X & Y (but still found it credible) come up with such tripe nowadays?

They keep trying to re-invent the wheel and progress from what they essentially are.  Melancholy suits them - this tripe does not.

I think it is time for them to call it a day and venture out alone.  Martin is so obviously gifted, I advise doing a Damon Albarn and starting up a new project (Gorrilaz) - he must have more in his tank - just not as part of Coldplay.

Edited by i8hibsh

rudi must stay
47 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Should this thread be merged with the Friends Reunion thread.

Are they aimed at the same people.

No I wouldn't say so. Coldplay fans wouldn't watch friends they'd watch nature documentaries 

rudi must stay
43 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

**** me that is horrendous.  I have been watching/listening to their decline for years but this is pretty low.

How can a band that brought such pleasure to me with Parachutes, A Rush of Blood to the head and to a much lesser extent X & Y (but still found it credible) come up with such tripe nowadays?

They keep trying to re-invent the wheel and progress from what they essentially are.  Melancholy suits them - this tripe does not.

I think it is time for them to call it a day and venture out alone.  Martin is so obviously gifted, I advise doing a Damon Albarn and starting up a new project (Gorrilaz) - he must have more in his tank - just not as part of Coldplay.

X and Y imo doesn't have a bad track on it

been here before
21 hours ago, been here before said:

As if to prove the point:

43 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

:rofl:

Preferred their earlier stuff....but also think Ghost Stories is a great album.

This new song doesn't do anything for me....i think they need to do a bit of a reset but still think they've got some tunes in them to come.

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Like the Friends thread imo, it’s cool to hate Coldplay, baaaa

I’d respectfully put forward the fact that they are one of the most successful TV shows of all time and a massive selling band possibly says the people who like them are the sheep. 

Baaa…

been here before
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Like the Friends thread imo, it’s cool to hate Coldplay, baaaa

I like it when folk take the petted lip because other folk dont like what they like. Its funny.

Edited by been here before

Greedy Jambo

His dancing was enough to put me off. 

Looks like they're trying to break into the Japanese market. 

It's all about the money. 

luckyBatistuta
6 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’d respectfully put forward the fact that they are one of the most successful TV shows of all time and a massive selling band possibly says the people who like them are the sheep. 

Baaa…

You can also look at it that way I suppose and we are all sheep in our own little way. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve heard someone say, or someone post on a thread in recent years that Coldplay are garbage,brutal, etc. It just seems to be the fashionable thing to slag them off. Another off the top of my head along the same lines is U2. 

Yes I did and still do like Friends 

B6FA7F28-772C-4E1E-980B-49B9E37C0967.gif

Unknown user
On 19/05/2021 at 16:23, been here before said:

:laugh2: don't know how I missed this

I have to post the old classic now of course

Chris Martin walks into a massage parlour and goes "how much for a wank?"

Receptionist goes "80 quid"

Next guy in the queue pipes up "how much if you're no a wank?"

hughesie27

I quite like a Coldplay song usually. That one isn't one of them. Bit too Bible-bashery for me.

Harry Potter
25 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Is there a link to the tune😏

Found it, might grow on me but not an instant love.