Levein for Dunfy?

JamboAl

lost in space

Dunfermline should be prepared to pay for the manager who has the best record of getting clubs promoted to the Premiership + also be prepared to pay huge compo to his present employers - for their loss (?)!

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Dunfermline should be prepared to pay for the manager who has the best record of getting clubs promoted to the Premiership + also be prepared to pay huge compo to his present employers - for their loss (?)!

:sadrobbo:

2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I'm sure many would be happy to wave a comp payment if they came in for him haha. 

1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I'm sure many would be happy to wave a comp payment if they came in for him haha. 

maybe a player for manager swap?

Slightly off topic but anybody know if Stevie Crawford lives in South Queensferry? Seen who I thought was him a couple of times while out running but wasn't 100% if it was or not haha 

Just now, milky_26 said:

If the pars were looking to appoint a manager who could get them promotion in the next couple years and were not wanting to spend a lot on wages and someone who can work well on a tight budget Paul Hartley ? or try approaching their fife rivals and getting John McGylnn in he could do a job there. 

No Idle Talk
13 minutes ago, lost in space said:

:levein_interesting:

lost in space
10 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Dunfermline should "crowd-fund" for the compo needed to pay Hearts. I know I would be happy to pay into the fund - as would thousands of others.

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Neil Lennon might want to get back in the game. 

Think he would stick out like a sore thumb in fife would be public enemy no 1 even from the pars fans haha. 

13 minutes ago, Simo said:

Slightly off topic but anybody know if Stevie Crawford lives in South Queensferry? Seen who I thought was him a couple of times while out running but wasn't 100% if it was or not haha 

Could be my brother in law he kinda looks like him. Throw something at him if he responds with a posh Welsh/Cardiff accent its not Stevie Crawford. 

Edited by sadj

46 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I heartily concur.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, keifrb said:

A Neilson and Levein double act! 🙏

Is the right answer 🤞

john thomas
1 hour ago, Simo said:

Is he a wee , scruffy , fifer looking guy who looks as though he smokes 40 a day ?

professorfate

I never liked stevie Crawford comes across as quite arrogant maybe it is the hibs connection.

37 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Crawford might well get a job at Hibs.

Or back with his Bud Jobby Neilson. 

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Simo said:

He does.

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

He is a very decent manager at the right time and right place.

He plays an even more eye-bleeding brand of football than Neilson :rofl:

Bazzas right boot

I remember many on here bigging him up after they beat us 2-1 and that he was a good attacking manager with good young players. 

Hands up? 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

You need good players as well. 

Hamilton and Dundee / Kilmarnock strong favourites next season 

You think? 

I think Hamilton are ****ed. 

20 years, if we ever see them again. 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

He is a very decent manager at the right time and right place.

Based on what?

They bottled it in the play offs.

FWIW I’ve got a dunfy mate who will be glad to see back of him. Says his style of play is awful to watch.

1 hour ago, Simo said:

😆😆 I was wondering the same thing...I’ve seen him running along the front a couple of times, but also seen him walking up Scotstoun way.

Maybe just comes across here to get away from the disgruntled Fifers! 😆

Edited by combo74

Lone Striker
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I remember many on here bigging him up after they beat us 2-1 and that he was a good attacking manager with good young players. 

Hands up? 

I don't think the comments on here after we lost to them were in favour of getting Crawford in as manager - more just pointing out  that some Dunfermline players were putting more energy and thought into the match than most of our lot.

Legend Claws
1 hour ago, Simo said:

He does mate, see him all the time.

Would probably be a good move for him. Dunno if I’d be keen to trust him though if I was the Pars CEO though. He led us into an awful mess.

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

They've got a good young striker who's recently signed for them, with an alright record in the Championship for a couple of teams.  Maybe could handle the step up to a team like Hearts? :whistling:

18 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Based on what?

They bottled it in the play offs.

FWIW I’ve got a dunfy mate who will be glad to see back of him. Says his style of play is awful to watch.

I am talking about Levein.

26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You think? 

I think Hamilton are ****ed. 

20 years, if we ever see them again. 

Hamilton to win league. Get your money on it. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hamilton to win league. Get your money on it. 

Aye, They might do next season, If they don't come up first season they'll be in teir 3 in 3 years I reckon. 

I'll save my cash for my Hearts sc, lc winners bets. 

:munny:

lost in space
25 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Neilson. 

Do it Pars. 

HUGE chance for Stuart Wallace of FoH here. All he has to do is divert 1 month of 

FoH payments to Dunfermline. They then pay to Hearts as compensation for Neilson.

Hearts don't have to sack Neilson in October.

Hearts don't lose money.

Neilson's reputation is intact.

Dunfermline get promoted next year.

Its a WIN-WIN-WIN.

Nobody loses!!!!

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

If McCann doesn't want the Inverness job full time then Dunfermline would be mad to look past him. 

He’s done ok this season as stand in at ICT but his record is pretty poor isn’t it?  He comes across as a good pundit though imo. 

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, lost in space said:

This. I'll chip in to help!

14 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He’s done ok this season as stand in at ICT but his record is pretty poor isn’t it?  He comes across as a good pundit though imo. 

I don't think he's had enough experience to judge. Did well at ICT, judge him on that. 

3 hours ago, Simo said:

Yea lives in South Queensferry 

3 hours ago, sadj said:

Could be my brother in law he kinda looks like him. Throw something at him if he responds with a posh Welsh/Cardiff accent its not Stevie Crawford. 

2 hours ago, john thomas said:

Is he a wee , scruffy , fifer looking guy who looks as though he smokes 40 a day ?

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

He does.

2 hours ago, combo74 said:

😆😆 I was wondering the same thing...I’ve seen him running along the front a couple of times, but also seen him walking up Scotstoun way.

Maybe just comes across here to get away from the disgruntled Fifers! 😆

7 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Yea lives in South Queensferry 

Cheers for the replies lads 👍 Obviously is him then.

Will ask him if he wants a game on Friday nights next time I see him 🤣